5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent companion to lessons
Published on 25 Aug 2010 by Jay Bee

1.0 out of 5 stars Alexander Technique
Alexander Technique is improving my posture and enabling me to maintain my mobility and avoid surgery I am always interested to read more about this century old technique
Published 16 months ago by Lamenda Kingdon

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent companion to lessons, 25 Aug 2010
I got this book from the local library just prior to having my first lesson in the Alexander Technique. I read it, understood parts of it (there's a lot to learn!) and went for the lesson. I have since had two more lessons and find this book invaluable in helping me understand the technique better and refreshing my memory on what my teacher has told me. The book is meant as a self help book but I would recommend using it in conjunction with lessons, as the author himself does. Sometimes you can't quite get the right idea from the book and it needs a teacher to point out what you're doing wrong (after all, the best way to learn how to do something is from observing someone else, not reading it in a book). I now read the book every few days and each time I read it I learn something new. The Alexander Technique is something that just falls into place as you go along which is why, at first, the book doesn't always make perfect sense. But as your lessons progress, so things start to "click" - same with the book. I have now just ordered my own copy - at 5.99 you can't go wrong!

5.0 out of 5 stars Alexander technique, 13 Sep 2011
R. A. Beretta - See all my reviews
A very good book indeed and it is really helping with my back pain. Received in good time and good condition also

5.0 out of 5 stars If you have come this far buy it, you won't be disappointed, 24 April 2011
This is a great book explaining what the Alexander Technique is and offering some really basic 'lessons' although in reality they are more like a 'sampler'.

I'm HUGELY cynical of any new age rubbish but this is nothing of the sort. It's very well organised, well thought through medical/physiological advice.

Read the book, enjoy it, and do what it says. I'd be suprised if you didn't experience some suprising and very pleasant revelations. I don't want to spoil it, approach it with an open mind. I did and I really enjoyed it.

For me it may or may not lead to the formal lessons. I haven't won the lottery as far as I am aware and I don't have the time to spare but after my positive experience of this book perhaps that would be my loss.

I "walk tall" with a lot of pride for a few quid. Seriously, buy it if in doubt.

5.0 out of 5 stars WHAT A HELP!, 22 Aug 2013
Mrs. Mary Robey (Wales, Great Britain) - See all my reviews
This book has certainly improved my quality of life... Many thanks. I've recommended it to others, practice what you read and things will improve!

5.0 out of 5 stars This really does help!, 11 May 2013
This review is from: Beat Back Pain With Alexander Technique: Teach Yourself (Kindle Edition)
Found this on Amazon after reading a health magazine which mentioned Alexander Technique - well worth a try - my sciatica is under control after almost 45 years of suffering - Thanks Amazon AND the Author Richard Craze!! No more painkillers either :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very clear and easy to understand, 1 May 2013
This book gives a good introduction to the principles of the Alexander Technique. The text is straightforward and unfussy, and would be a very helpful accompaniment to anyone having lessons from a qualified teacher.

4.0 out of 5 stars Back pain, 22 Mar 2013
Very helpful with some exercises that help immediately. I have been trying them out for a few days now and have felt the benefit. Not too complicated to understand.

1.0 out of 5 stars Alexander Technique, 16 Mar 2013