5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Read
What a fabulous story! I was hooked from page one and found it hard to put this one down! Diane Chamberlain has written a riveting story, with likeable, believable characters and a plot that twists and turns on every page.

The story is about love, family, betrayal and relationships. Very cleverly, she has written the story in a dual-time narrative. The...
Published on 23 Jan 2010 by Lincs Reader

3.0 out of 5 stars A pageturner, but with reservations
I really enjoyed this book and foundthe story very gripping. The character and love story of Sarah were very moving. But...I just didn't find Dylan's sudden interest in and devotion to Emma remotely believable. It seemed just too good to be true and ended up irritating me. This was the first book by this author that I had read, and maybe it is characteristic of her? But I...
Published on 26 Jan 2011 by JH

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 3 Jun 2011
This review is from: Breaking the Silence (Paperback)
I read this book after reading the lost daughter and i am now hooked on Diane Chamberlain as one of my favourite authors.
The twists and turns in this fantastic plot had me hooked from page one and i could not put it down.
I have now ordered all the other books by this author and cant wait to read them.
Writing novels of this caliber is an art and i am sure this author has lots of fans who think the same.

5.0 out of 5 stars Intriguing Pageturner!, 30 May 2011
This review is from: Breaking the Silence (Paperback)
Really enjoyed this - I became connected to the characters and found myself caring about them - lots of twists, some quite obvious some that actually made me gasp! I've enjoyed all of Diane Chamberlains books but there was something about this that made me not want to put it down....

5.0 out of 5 stars A can't-put-down read - utterly absorbing!! WOW!, 18 May 2011
This review is from: Breaking the Silence (Paperback)
This was the first book I had read of Diane Chamberlain, and after being told by a good friend that Diane's books read like Jodi Picoult, of whomn I am hooked on, I took the plunge.
I must say that I was not disappointed!! A thoroughly sensitive subject (a father committed suicide, a wife torn with guilt and their little girl gone selectively mute as a result, the trials of getting her daughter to talk again) became a compulsive page turner, filled with drama, emotions, thrills and shock. I never could guess what would enfold next in the story, and I was actually disappointed when the book ended. I wanted to keep reading about the charcters and their future lives ahead.

I would say if you do like reading Jodi Picoult books then Diane Chamberlain is just as good a writer. They are both my favourite authors in this genre of novels.
I am not ashamed to say I shed a few tears while reading this, it was so beautifully written. I will not spoil the story but I would most DEFINATELY suggest you want to read this book :)
Cannot wait to read the next book of hers. Breaking the Silence (MIRA) BUY IT, READ IT!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down, 11 May 2011
This review is from: Breaking the Silence (Paperback)
I started this book on a sunday evening, couldn't put it down and had it finished in 2 days. The feeling after reading the book stayed with me for a good couple of days after. An amazing book, i've recommended the book to all my families and friends.
Such a brillant, do not hesitate to purchase such a good book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another fab story by Diane, 23 April 2011
This review is from: Breaking the Silence (Paperback)
I really didn't want this book to end. I've read a few Diane Chamberlain books and thought The Lost Daughter was my favourite but that has now been overtaken by Breaking the Silence. The story takes such an enexpected turning when Sarah starts to tell her story. I loved the relationship between Laura and Dylan which develops nicely without overtaking the rest of the story. The character of Emma is adorable. By the end I was in tears because I really didn't expect the story to pan out the way it did. Diane Chamberlain is fantastic at writing about families and relationshsips. She is fast becoming my favourite author.

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down!, 16 April 2011
This review is from: Breaking the Silence (Paperback)
A very good read! Compelling and interesting, I just had to find out what happens. I had to pass it on to others because I wanted to share how good I found it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read!, 20 Mar 2011
This review is from: Breaking the Silence (Paperback)
This book was fantastic - I didn't want it to end. The story was fast moving and full of drama. This is one of my favourite books!

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant, 19 Mar 2011
This review is from: Breaking the Silence (Paperback)
I have read a few of her books now but this is the best so far. I read it cover to cover in three days. Could not put it down. Usually I manage to work out the plot in a couple of chapters but did not see this ending until nearly the end. Her books choke me up, they are written as if it is truthfully someone's life. I love it. Will be getting all her early books because I think she writes in a way that grips the reader and doesn't let go until the end.

5.0 out of 5 stars It will have you hooked from start to finish, 14 Mar 2011
This review is from: Breaking the Silence (Paperback)
Chamberlain's novel `Breaking the Silence' is one that will stay with you for a long time after you have read it. The book itself is a true page turner and one you will find hard to put down.

Laura Brandon goes through the terrible trauma of losing her father and losing her husband in such a short space of time. To make matters worse, the death of two people she loved dearly seems to be connected. On her father's death bed, he asks Laura to look out for someone she has never heard of but being the dutiful daughter, she promises him she will. However, her husband is less than happy about this. Not long after this, her husband commits suicide with their young daughter in the house.

`Breaking the Silence' is a gripping tale of a young mother fighting to help her daughter overcome the trauma she has suffered as well as trying to piece together why the husband she loved and cared for could do such a thing. Laura ends up on a journey that she never expected and ends up finding a lot of surprises - both good and bad- along the way.

Cannot recommend this book enough! Once you've finished with this, you will be looking to buy every one of Chamberlain's novels.

5.0 out of 5 stars I don't think I ever put my kindle down!, 5 Mar 2011
This review is from: Breaking the Silence (Kindle Edition)
Having recently bought a kindle I downloaded this book and truly enjoyed every minute of it. Non stop adventure throughout with twists and turns which kept my interest. I really couldn't stop reading until I had finished. This book has brought back my love of reading!

Breaking the Silence