Colour Name: Black|Change

on 10 January 2013
These are the best earphones, I have owned Sony, Bose, Dr dre ibeats and these are better than all of them in sound and style. They are so comfortable and they stay secure in the ear. They are that good I brought my brother a pair and he agrees with me with all of the above. If you want a pair of earphones you must buy these ones!!!!!
on 8 October 2014
I have "weird" ears, very large on the outside, but tiny ear canals. For this reason, I have never been able to find fitting earphones, even the standard apple ones would always fall out as soon as I'd move my head. Headphones over my ears never worked out either: My big ears would never completely fit underneath and the tight squeeze of the headphones would stop the blood flow in the parts of my ears that were peeking out, causing unbearable pain after 15 minutes. The Marshall minors are the first earphones that just fit perfectly. Their smallest bud fits my tiny ear canals and their rather big (for earphones) shape is the first one that actually fills out my large outer ear and therefore sits snuggly and securely. I can even run with them, they won't fall out.

The sound is wonderful! They are not noise cancelling, which I welcomed, as I use them for my commute and like to be aware of my surroundings when in public. However, despite the fact that they are not noise cancelling, they are still noise reducing. I never have to crank up the volume, even on a loud bus. With other headphones I used to max out the volume, even in quiet settings, so this is a welcome change. The sound is nice and full, no cracking.

I love how the cable is coated with textile. This prevents the most annoying tangles and staining. Also it feels nicer in your hands than the normal rubber.

One downside though, is a fault with the big round golden metal on the backs. So far I've had two pairs of Marshall minors, who both lost one of the golden metal discs within a few weeks. It's glued on (you can see the residue of the hard glue), but it seems that under certain conditions this glue becomes weak and causes the golden metal discs to fall out. Both pairs were replaced under warranty, but it seems like this is a reoccurring flaw.

Anyway, I'm so happy with their fit, I'll keep buying them regardless. If you, however, have a bigger selection of models that fit your ear shape, I'd recommend to go with a sturdier brand.
on 9 November 2015
The sound quality that you get from the Marshall Minor Headphones is excellent (obviously not matching up to higher end headphones) but at this price point I don't know if you could find a better sound. The fit, at first seems rather uncomfortable; however, providing you have the right size ear pads fitted and break them in a little they are easily the most comfortable earphones I have ever used. The braided wire is the only way headphones should be made! These are my first pair with this and I don't think I could ever go back, they feel so much more durable.

These headphones are pretty much the perfect headphones except the left headphone began to crackle and eventually stop working totally! They do have a one year warranty on these and Amazon replaced them amazingly quick!

5* for Amazon replacing the 4* Marshall Headphones.
on 18 December 2012
Bought these to replace my dre beats tours.
They do take a wee bit of fiddling with to get the correct fit, but once you have the right size for your ears they are awesome, the sound quality is up there with the best and I'd recommend these headphones to anyone
on 14 May 2015
People that leave negative reviews for these headphones are either simply stupid or deaf.
First of all, people complaining they fit weird or are uncomfortable, you've obviously got the wrong sized rubber ear adapters in, I wear mine for 8 hours a day most days of the week and they're perfect.
Second people are saying sound quality isn't very good. These are "Marshall" they're a guitar amplifier, if you're listening to guitar music they're perfect. If you're trying to listen to house or drum n bass, whilst still good (and better than beatz) they're not going to be brilliant are they? Idiots.
Thirdly, I lost one of the rubber ear adapters and I emailed Marshall direct and they sent me replacements in the post free. Fantastic customer service.
on 2 May 2014
Unfortunately these stopped working after just three months of infrequent use. The connection at the point the cord meets the jack broke and sound only comes out of the right ear.

Furthermore, while these look great I am not that impressed with the sound and the ear clip design is just a bit gimmicky and doesn't really work.

A disappointing product from a well known and highly regarded audio brand. Will go back to sennheiser or soundmagic.
on 6 January 2016
Had a pair of Minors before and absolutely loved the quality, couldn't believe how cheap they were here. The colours look so classy and they really stand out. The sound quality is excellent, and they're definitely durable (my previous pair took a trip in both the washing machine and dryer and still just about functioned!). Whilst they aren't noise cancelling (which wasn't something I wanted anyway - I wear them walking a lot and I like to be aware of my surroundings), I've yet to hear a pair of earphones with better sound than these.

In terms of comfort, they take a little getting used to but are definitely comfortable and stay in your ear nicely, it's worth having a play with the different sized pads they come with. That said, if you lie on your side listening to music, these are not the headphones for you.

Mic function is great and again, good quality sound, would have loved more than one button but still functions nicely to change/pause songs.

I don't think you could possibly get better headphones for this price!
on 7 July 2014
Best headphones I have had in a long time. Have lasted 4 months so far. Have been through the washing machine twice, been rained on while in my ears, and the audio quality is as good as ever, the sound is quite passive, not an immersive experience to good in the office because I can hear if someone wants my attentions
on 15 July 2013
I've been using these headphones constantly for nearly 2 years now and the sound quality is fantastic (as you would expect from Marshall) but the way they fit in your ears is a little awkward and not as immersive as normal in-ear headphones.

The main reason I bought these is for the way they look. One of the ear buds has stopped working now but I would still recommend as they lasted so long and cheaper earphones only last me a couple of months before breaking. Definitely worth the investment if you really like the style but if you're more interested in the in-ear sound then go for a different set.

Perhaps get the black ones as the white ones got dirty quite fast and are near-impossible to get white again.
on 13 January 2014
I have several pairs of in ear phones, some quite pricey but I always have the feeling they are about to drop out, I change all the various sizes of ear pads, maybe it's my ears ! but seeing phones made by Marshall caught my attention and tried them and apart from being different in appearance in the ear they are sensational, the sound is perfect I like a bit of bass but I also like plenty of treble when listening to guitars, Marshall made their name making rock & roll speakers and in my opinion they have bought that expertise to the minor in-ear phones, and the odd shape means they stay in your ear they can be used with your mobile to, and the fabric cord stops all that tangling, well worth the price.