5.0 out of 5 stars Takara Plum Wine
I had this recently when I was in Glasgow for a gig with my boyfriend, and it was really enjoyable. Unlike the one of the previous reviewers, I ordered it cold, and the sweetness of the taste was really good. I'm more than happy to buy this wonderful wine from Amazon, just to remind me of the vert first time that I tasted and fell in love with it.

I would...
Published on 17 Nov 2011 by L. Sutherland

3.0 out of 5 stars Takara Plum Wine is delicious give it a try.
I was very pleased with the quick delivery, I know that the plum wine is delicious because it is the same brand that I had in The Nippon Kitchen, (recommended). I haven't actually opened the bottles yet, waiting for the right occasion.
Published 10 months ago by Stuart

5.0 out of 5 stars Takara Plum Wine, 17 Nov 2011
This review is from: Takara Plum Wine 750ml

I would highly recommend this to friends and family.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 20 Mar 2014
This review is from: Takara Plum Wine 750ml
The wine is of good quality with a fruity sweet plum flavour. It's good to go before or after meal, basically is good for anytime of the day.

5.0 out of 5 stars Takara Plum Wine, 20 Aug 2011
This review is from: Takara Plum Wine 750ml
I first had this in a japanese restaurant in Glasgow. It came heated, in a water flask. It is wonderful, so good, that I had to go out and buy the kit and the wine so that I could have it at home. Its light in flavour and scrumptious with it. Very highly recommended warm.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice drop of umeshu!, 22 Aug 2014
J. P. Wetton (Essex, U.K.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Takara Plum Wine 750ml
Had umeshu in Japan, and really wanted to taste it again after I left the country.
This was a different flavour to what I had remembered from my experience in Japan, and this was in fact made in Milan but still delicious.
The thing about Takara plum wine (which I am informed by my Japanese friend is wrongly referred to as a 'wine' when it is in fact a sour) is that once I got a taste for it, I started to crave it!
It is very sour, but mellows when mixed with cola which is an very complementary flavour and I'd highly recommend this combination.
This plum sour is more like a liquor than a wine, and can be kept in the fridge for a while, which maybe wouldn't be possible for a wine.
I'd like some more...

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely wine!!!, 4 Jun 2014
This review is from: Takara Plum Wine 750ml
I bought this as a gift to myself, and it was delicious!!! Sweet dessert style wine which went down far too easily. Thoroughly enjoyed!! I would definitely buy again! Seller also dispatched extremely quickly and bottle was well packaged! Thank you :)

5.0 out of 5 stars sweet and fragrant, 1 Jun 2014
This review is from: Takara Plum Wine 750ml
I'd definitely class this as desert wine. The smell is lovely. I would prefer it to be a bit stronger though, at 10% alcohol this is more like plum wine drink than plum wine. Very nice and I'll definitely buy again, although Kishu Monogatari Plum Wine is still my favourite as it has not as strong a smell, yet a lot stronger taste. It is perfect nearly ice-cold.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yum!!, 13 April 2014
This review is from: Takara Plum Wine 750ml
Exquisite taste, this ume wine is truly delicious. Wonderful fruit wine with balanced sweetness. Can't fault this product at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love Umeshu, 6 Mar 2014
This review is from: Takara Plum Wine 750ml
Brought this a while back but found it was a nicely different taste from the Umeshu I normally buy, it has a nice sweet flavour with out being too intense. Nice to drink on a cold day and easy on the wallet as well

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it, 10 Jan 2014
This review is from: Takara Plum Wine 750ml
one of my favorite fruity wines, first time I tasted was in a sushi bar, and I fell in love with it since then!

5.0 out of 5 stars Tamara plum wine, 3 Dec 2013
This review is from: Takara Plum Wine 750ml
Previous experience of the wine in a Japanese restaurant in Orlando. A complete change from table wine although best as a dessert wine. Most enjoyable to drink without food.

Takara Plum Wine 750ml