5.0 out of 5 stars Takara Plum Wine
I had this recently when I was in Glasgow for a gig with my boyfriend, and it was really enjoyable. Unlike the one of the previous reviewers, I ordered it cold, and the sweetness of the taste was really good. I'm more than happy to buy this wonderful wine from Amazon, just to remind me of the vert first time that I tasted and fell in love with it.

I would...
Published on 17 Nov. 2011 by L. Sutherland

3.0 out of 5 stars Takara Plum Wine is delicious give it a try.
I was very pleased with the quick delivery, I know that the plum wine is delicious because it is the same brand that I had in The Nippon Kitchen, (recommended). I haven't actually opened the bottles yet, waiting for the right occasion.
Published 19 months ago by Stuart

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Takara Plum Wine, 17 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Takara Plum Wine 750ml

I would highly recommend this to friends and family.

5.0 out of 5 stars Takara Plum Wine, 20 Aug. 2011
This review is from: Takara Plum Wine 750ml
I first had this in a japanese restaurant in Glasgow. It came heated, in a water flask. It is wonderful, so good, that I had to go out and buy the kit and the wine so that I could have it at home. Its light in flavour and scrumptious with it. Very highly recommended warm.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice drop of umeshu!, 22 Aug. 2014
J. P. Wetton (Essex, U.K.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Takara Plum Wine 750ml
Had umeshu in Japan, and really wanted to taste it again after I left the country.
This was a different flavour to what I had remembered from my experience in Japan, and this was in fact made in Milan but still delicious.
The thing about Takara plum wine (which I am informed by my Japanese friend is wrongly referred to as a 'wine' when it is in fact a sour) is that once I got a taste for it, I started to crave it!
It is very sour, but mellows when mixed with cola which is an very complementary flavour and I'd highly recommend this combination.
This plum sour is more like a liquor than a wine, and can be kept in the fridge for a while, which maybe wouldn't be possible for a wine.
I'd like some more...

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 20 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Takara Plum Wine 750ml
The wine is of good quality with a fruity sweet plum flavour. It's good to go before or after meal, basically is good for anytime of the day.

5.0 out of 5 stars bloody yummy, 17 April 2013
Simon J. Bills-Holland (Nottingham) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Takara Plum Wine 750ml
We had a Japanese evening planned and bought just one bottle of this wine just to see what it was like.

Well it went down a treat, we used it in tall tumblers filled with ice and filled with this wine , bloody yummy,
very disappointed that we didn't buy half a dozen bottles.

Its a slightly sweet wine with a fruity taste and a smooth finish.
We will be buying more for the summer as it would make an excellent alternative to pimms !!!!

Wonderful stuff

5.0 out of 5 stars sweet and fragrant, 1 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Takara Plum Wine 750ml
I'd definitely class this as desert wine. The smell is lovely. I would prefer it to be a bit stronger though, at 10% alcohol this is more like plum wine drink than plum wine. Very nice and I'll definitely buy again, although Kishu Monogatari Plum Wine is still my favourite as it has not as strong a smell, yet a lot stronger taste. It is perfect nearly ice-cold.

5.0 out of 5 stars ... was unable to be purchased as a bottle) he liked it and even i liked it, 5 April 2015
This review is from: Takara Plum Wine 750ml
Bought this as a gift for my partner after having this particular plum wine being suggested by wagamama's (different from theirs but sadly theirs was unable to be purchased as a bottle) he liked it and even i liked it, it was lovely... item arrived way before suggested delivery date and at a fantastic price, very happy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, 22 July 2013
This review is from: Takara Plum Wine 750ml
Very happy with this item. Have been looking for this for a while and was so pleased who I found it. Item arrived, quickly, in only a few days. I was a bit concerned about the packaging it arrived in, however there was no damage and the its was in perfect condition, so there is no problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely wine!!!, 4 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Takara Plum Wine 750ml
I bought this as a gift to myself, and it was delicious!!! Sweet dessert style wine which went down far too easily. Thoroughly enjoyed!! I would definitely buy again! Seller also dispatched extremely quickly and bottle was well packaged! Thank you :)

5.0 out of 5 stars I love Umeshu, 6 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Takara Plum Wine 750ml
Brought this a while back but found it was a nicely different taste from the Umeshu I normally buy, it has a nice sweet flavour with out being too intense. Nice to drink on a cold day and easy on the wallet as well

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›