5.0 out of 5 stars Olympus VR-310 in Red
Hi,

As someone who is interested in simple but High Quality Digital Photography, this has to be one of the best Point & Shoot Digital Cameras Olympus has ever produced. From the quality of photographs to the general design & quality of product for the price. This Camera is FANTASTIC!!. It literally takes just a few minutes to set up. As soon as you turn it on,...
Published on 6 April 2011 by Mr. R. M. Smiles

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
After my Olympus MJU 700 had a lense failure/error code the search for a new camera was on. It was a choice between the Olympus VR-310 and Panasonic Lumix FS30. The Lumix had better reviews, but the Olympus meant i could use my existing batteries & it was a bit cheaper. When i visited the shop, they had sold out of the Lumix, so i purchased this VR-310 instead...
Published on 12 May 2011 by Martinez36

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Camera, 31 Aug 2011
This review is from: Olympus VR-310 Digital Camera - Red (14MP, 10x Super Wide Optical Zoom) 3 inch LCD (Electronics)
I am fussy when it comes to camera's and i spent several days looking for a good camera, and this is it. I bought it just before my holiday and after 2 weeks away and over 1000 photos taken, i am more that happy, the pictures are excellent and the camera is the best i have had.

3.0 out of 5 stars Budget Camera, 27 Aug 2011
Well, after deciding to buy this camera for "snapping", rather than the Panasonic FS16, I think I made the wrong choice. This camera is average at best. I am a DSLR owner and maybe was looking for better quality in a point & shoot, but I was obviously wrong. The images are ok at best and the video is not so good when reviewing an a larger screen. I will now be selling this one and purchasing the one I should have in the first place.

5.0 out of 5 stars vr 310, 3 Jun 2011
seems a solid camera very easy to use if you use the auto setting,hard to see the screen in bright sunlight but all compact camera's seem the same. Very good value and quality and the software is very good too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great photos, 31 May 2011
Just returned from a safari holiday and am very impressed with the quality of the images even when having used the full optical and digital zoom and displaying on a 42" TV. The camera's large & bright LCD screen worked very well in almost all situations. The only downside is the usual problem with digital cameras i.e. the lag between pressing the shutter release and it taking the picture; I failed to get any meaningful pictures of jumping dolphins! You may get better pictures and more powerful flash with larger cameras but this one is such a convenient size, so easy to use and amazing value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, 2 Sep 2011
As a complete beginner I am delighted with the camera. As well as being extremely easy to use it takes very clear pictures. Now I know my way around it I am going to try and be a bit more adventurous in what I do with it. The instruction manuel that had to be downloaded is a bit wordy but is also very informative. Well worth the money

3.0 out of 5 stars A little disappointed., 17 Nov 2011
I am not a camera buff and need an "any fool can" camera. I had an Olympus FE-340 which I loved but which sadly died on me! The only camera that I could find that was similar but claimed to be better was this one - Olympus VR-310. I am so disappointed with it. It has less buttons and seems easier to work at first glance, BUT some of the pictures are terrible. There is shake on a lot of them when using macro and I have to keep retaking the picture to get it right. I use it a lot for e-bay pictures or for my jewellery website where I want to get in close on the subject to show detail. It's all very well having super macro available to you but if it's distorted???? My old camera was superb with great clear pictures showing amazing detail but with this it is very much hit and miss. I have to say that when it does work it does produce great pictures, I just find it frustrating doing the shot so many times.
Pictures at a distance generally turn out well. I really love the fact that the battery recharges from my laptop. And why do all these camera companies change the cards from XD to SDHC?
I don't use all the facilities available, I can only talk about what I use and believe I have given a fair review of that.

5.0 out of 5 stars VR310 Camera, 17 Nov 2011
I am very pleased with this camera. I had an Olympus Camedia which I lost on holiday so had to replace it. As I had experienced an Olympus in the past I wanted to keep with it. This camera goes beyond my expectations & is far better than the other one with lots of functions & a good video. I would recommend this camera to anyone who wants a simple to use camera & is easy to get your head round even for a pensioner like me!!!!!.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 18 Oct 2011
I had this camera for about 6 weeks when the screen became blurred. I took a couple of photos and viewed them on my computer but they were also blurred. I sent it back to the manufacturers who dealt with the problem promptly and replaced the lens. The fact that the lens failed within such a short time has led me to lose confidence in this camera and I am considering replacing it with another make. I would have been happier if the manufacturers had replaced the camera altogether rather than just the lens. The photos I had taken prior to this problem were quite good but not up to the standard that I was expecting from reading previous reviews.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok but shaky and problem with shutter, 4 Sep 2011
I bought this camera to replace my old small olympus which has a small LCD screen and is about 7 years old now. I liked the size of the screen but it was difficult to see in bright sunlight. I missed the viewfinder, though this is common on all cameras like this now.

I found the camera has taken some good quality pictures but a number had to be deleted due to being blurred. I find it difficult to take night photos on all the cameras we have had without using a tripod or a steady surface and this camera was no different. The night pictures tended to be quite grainy.

Within 1-2 weeks of owning the camera the shutter stopped opening correctly leaving a section open over the lens. This gave a black corner onto all photos when it had not been noticed. This was a shame as it ruined some good photos as they had to be cropped to get rid of the black area.

I have since sent this camera back to amazon due to the fault with the shutter. One last note this camera said it was purple and it was definitely more of a pink colour much to my husbands disgust when using it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for a child interested in photography, 11 May 2011
A. P. Roberts (North East England) - See all my reviews
I bought this camera for my nine year old daughter as her second camera. She loves it. It's simple enough to use but produces good quality results. So far it seems pretty robust too.