5.0 out of 5 stars Office 2011
I have used office software for some years now but I'm sure like alot of other users there is allways times when you dont know exactly how to do certain things. This book is a must for those users, the way it is laid out and explains each part of the office system is superb.
Published on 28 Feb 2011 by paul

3.0 out of 5 stars Irritating
Published 9 months ago by Anthony O'Sullivan

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Extremely Helpful Manual, 9 Mar 2011
A great resource! Clear Table of Contents and good, clear easy to follow instructions.

I couldn't use Office 2011 before I had this to hand. Now I love using it.

I recommend anyone who hasn't the time to learn by experimentation to buy this manual.

5.0 out of 5 stars Office 2011, 28 Feb 2011

4.0 out of 5 stars Office 2011 for Macintosh Missing Manual Chris Grover, 4 Sep 2011
D. Vere-dresser (France) - See all my reviews
Let's be honest ... this isn't the kind of thing one sits down to read in the same kind of way one does for a Tom Clancy thriller: I generally buy these to use as a reference when once I've got over the initial/inevitable questions arising from becoming familiar to some degree with new software: as a result of this policy there are five missing manuals on my bookshelves now and they are regarded as essential as an arm or a leg; wouldn't wish to be without any one of them!!! And Office 2011 ... (the most recent acquisition) simply reinforces my sense of good judgement.
Being mortal myself - and therefore necessarily (slightly less than perfect) - I reckon helped me discern the merit of David Pogue's initial venture, on the basis that 'it takes one to recognise one' 'nuff said !?

5.0 out of 5 stars Office 2001 for Macintosh, 13 May 2011
Newvistas (Shropshire UK) - See all my reviews
We researched all the "how to" text books available for Mac when we first bought our Mac and chose the "Missing Manual" series for Office 2004. For us it was the right choice and consequently we have used the "Missing Manuals" for Mac series ever since as we have not found one to rival them. So far we have found them practical and easy to understand. Furthermore, they help to circumnavigate the issue of not being able to call up the information from the "Help" menu on the Mac because you have exhausted all terms you can think that those "over the pond" might have used to label the particular topic you are looking for! When you do find the topic in the book (which is easy to do), the information and steps are straightforward and easy to follow.

3.0 out of 5 stars Irritating, 26 Feb 2014
I have tried to use this book to help me use Office and while it's full of information, the basics e.g. "what does X mean?" and "how do I" are often ignored. For instance it is very clear in insisting that large photo files should be reduced when sending emails but does not explain how to do it. Isn't that what a guide is for? Also, shouldn't a guide have a glossary?

4.0 out of 5 stars Office 2011 for Mac, 27 Feb 2013
The Manual is fine - the learning curve for a long standing user of Windows has been rather intense!

We're getting there gradually though!

Best regards and thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars Really should have been in the box, 22 Feb 2013
This is my favourite series in computing reading source and have never failed me and have no reserve in recommend it to any new and intermediate users

4.0 out of 5 stars Very comprehensive., 27 Jan 2013
Rated 4 rather than 5 stars because though it is very comprehensive it is very wordy with long complicated sentences in small type. It needs a firm editor to cut out all the excess verbiage. Manuals should not be written as essays in English. I'm a speed reader but even I find I'm getting brain fatigue trying to find which button to press to take an action and at 790+ pages it is very heavy. Having said that, the index is good and I have found what I needed to, when needed.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this, 17 Jun 2014
I do a lot of work in Office applications, particularly Word. And this has answered a lot of my questions. And it's very simple and easy to follow - beautifully designed guide.

5.0 out of 5 stars Should come with softeware, 18 April 2014
Very clear book as we all think this should come with the software.no I can use the package to its full potential

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›