Shop now Shop Clothing clo_fly_aw15_NA_shoes Shop All Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop Amazon Fire TV Shop now Shop Fire HD 6 Shop Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Shop now

Thrustmaster T500 RS Force Wheel with Feedback (PS3/PC)
Price:£357.44+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on 5 June 2011
Hi all, had to put my two cents in.Took the plunge and bought my 1st wheel from Play the T500rs & a Wheel Stand Pro had it for 4 days.Awesome wheel.Rock solid, uber smooth and full of feedback.The stand fits like a glove.I liked GT5 could see the amount of work put into the physics but "do i drive my real world car with a ps3 controller?"i found it hard to hold a trigger or analogue stick at the half-way point often needed for a constant radius corner for example not any more! Read and watched everything i could before buying, its not cheap but the quality can be felt, i'm pretty into driving and cars, read the mags, watch tv shows related to cars did a supercar experience day in oxford,uk (highly recommended-check out "u drive cars") so maybe only someone like me will really get the sheer joy of driving "The Green Hell" Nurburgring in a great exotic with the wheel,but so far the T500rs is better than i could have hoped! just bought Dirt 3 it works perfectly with the wheel,has more wheel adjustment options than GT5.It is less of a pure racer than GT5 alittle more relaxed and fun,but the graphics,physics & "one more go" at getting the 1st place time are all present,great game will play a lot more. I hope this helps people make the decision to buy or not at least have more detailed info, i couldn't find many reviews from new T500RS owners like me around, but professional reviews helped make my decision clear.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I bought this wheel a few days ago, and my first impressions were good. Upon opening the box, i was greeted with beautiful shiny metal and it all looked (and felt) very well made and weighty. My wheel before this was a Logitech DFGT, which i thought was pretty good.
First thing i did was play gran turismo, where i was blown away by the wheels speed, and also how much force it took to fully depress the brake pedal.
The feedback was good, but not as 'brutal' as i'd envisaged. However, the feeling of oversteer, and more specifically understeer was much more impressive than the DFGT.

Today, i gave F1 2011 a go, and was absolutely stunned. on 100% feedback it was violent! So much so people in my house could feel it in the kitchen. Every shift could be felt through the wheel. It was INCREDIBLE, and I ended up doing a full race distance in just time trial. I was just enjoying 'driving' so much!

A little side note here: At my university, we have a £300,000 'cruden simulator', which is the same kind of thing that F1 teams use for their simulators. It's a big rig which shakes and reacts. It's pretty damn awesome. HOWEVER, I'd honestly say, that the T500 gives you better feedback of the road and the forces through the wheels. Also, the pedals have more 'feel to them'.

A second side note - I have raced karts professionally since 2007, and in terms of feel, the t500 is the closest thing to real i've ever used.

Well worth the money. I love it.
on 23 January 2011
As already said this wheel is plug and play with GT5. There is a new firmware update which can be found on the Thrustmaster Support section of their website.

Compared with the G27 + Bigger wheel, feels more solid, is smoother once you have done a few hundred miles, the feedback is stronger and more subtle. The vibration feedback is amazing. No dead zone problems on the straights, paddles are fixed to the wheel either a plus or a minus depending what you think, either way you get used to them fairly quickly.
You can re-map the buttons how you like and you don't need to resort to cable tying on an old PS3 controller to your wheel !

Compared to G27 - leather wheel is better, probably only a minor problem if you have very sweaty hands which I do. Comes with a gear lever which is very nice. Most seat set-ups have pre-drilled holes which saves you an hour with a tape measure and power drill. G27 is quite a lot cheaper ! Currently G27 works with more games and more platforms.

All in all, I sold my G27 for £200 on e-bay and I am delighted to have this one, the upgrade is more than worth it just for GT5 and if in the future I can use it on some other driving games or on the PC that is a bonus. The pedals are excellent althought the clutch is a little weak on resistance. This is because you can turn them upside down from F1 to Rally style. I am using mine on a Game Racer in the slighly raised mode in the Rally position. They feel great like this. I did find that the clamp although very very good is not as good as a hard mount and I have drilled and bolted mine on now.
Again there are instructions, diagrams and dimensions on the Thrustmaster website to help you here.

I have used the Original Logitech GT wheel, The GT Driving Force Logitech wheel and the G27. I would rate this wheel as being superior to all of them and I believe it is worth the premium if you are going to be spending some decent hours with GT5.

I hope this helps you make your mind up.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 8 September 2014
Love it to the moon and back, its a fantastic piece of engineering, Ive gone and blown my hard earned cash on a playseat chair, TH8 shifter and both the ferrari add on wheels, its a superb bit of kit, makes sim racing a million times better, I had a logitech g27 before, its fisher price compared to this beauty, have no fear thrustmasters here!
on 13 March 2011
I am relatively new to sim racing so my review will be focused on a newcomers experience.
Having played on a Logitech G27 and hearing this was better. I decided to pick one up.
My first impressions is that the wheel is quite large mainly because of the powerful motor and fan. It makes the g27 look kind of small and toy like.

In use on Gran Turismo 5 the wheel gives an exceptional experience for newcomers and is how the game should be played, force feed back is powerful allowing you to feel the bumps and terrain change in the road and collusions with other cars to be felt which can send you spinning (unlike if you use a pad). Steering is a joy with the wheel, the wheel being powerful and smooth in taking turns and the wheel recoil in drifting feeling like a real car. The shifting with the fixed paddles takes getting use (but once you get to use to it its really satisfying clicking up and down)to and the lack of a gear shifter is a slight let down for such an expensive product.(It is coming out supposedly latter this year)

With the pc drivers out now PC support is good with Richard Burns Rally being really good in terms of showing force feeback. (I have heard Iracing is good I have not tried it with this). Settings on PC allow for changes to force feed back and other additional variables. PC is well supported so you can use better pedals and shifter combination with the Thrustmaster wheel.

The pedals are solid and better then the G27 in practical use. I'm not too keen on the silver face plate its a bit too flash for my taste. I have not applied the brakemod. The pedals can be used in either Rally or f1 mode. I'm use them in F1 position with Playseat Evolution Black (Wii, Xbox 360, PS3, PS2, PC) . The pedals are difficult to attach and I have had to use a additional drilled plate and washers to attach it. Playseat have announced a plate to attach the pedals but, will only be available later this year. The wheel is easy to attach to the centre steering column. I have just used the clamp and it remains secure (If possible I would recommend drilling for better stability). I have found the wheel so powerful at times that I have placed some padding under the centre column to increase it stability as the column on the seat is not completely level where the axis is and will vibrate. I suggest a Gamepod rig as an better alternative which I tried at my friends for better stability.

If you don't have a wheel and have a PC and PS3 and the money. I would recommend to get this now. If you have a G27 already or a Fantec steering wheel the decision is more difficult. The wheel is exceptional, but those with the Fantec perfect pedal may want to wait for Thrustmaster to release just the wheel in the future.
If you have a G27 its a hard decision as the G27 wheel is a good wheel and buying another may seem a bit of a waste. I would weigh up if you like Gran Turismo alot (I mean really alot) then the G27 does not cut it and I would upgrade. If you don't play Gran Turismo much I would consider waiting and see whether Logitech or Fantec release an upgraded wheel.
The Thrustmaster does not seem to have much PS3 support, with older games not working with force feed back. Of the new games coming out such as Dirt 3 and NFS Shift 2.It seems Dirt is the only one confirmed to support this wheel. On shift it seems the wheel at the time of this review is not in their supported wheel line up. So if your only using this with PS3. I would recommend waiting to see if additional games have confirmed support before purchasing.
This wheel has been confirmed for use with PS4, so is a good long term investment.

update 250511 : Dirt 3 has full support with this wheel on PS3 and PC.
update 150911 : A shifter Thrustmaster TH8RS Shifter (PS3) and F1 2011 removable steering wheel are soon to be released to complete this great steering wheel package.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 13 January 2012
I purchased this item as Thrustmaster has a great reputation for producing great simulation wheels. What can I say, this is fantastic. The force feedback and responsiveness of the wheel is just about spot on straight out of the box, but is adjustable through the software. I bought this along with the Ferrari F1 wheel add-on. Just to note, if you are using this with the F1 wheel you have to update the software on the T500 (even if you are using it with a PS3) before you put on the F1 wheel. This means you have to connect the T500 to a PC and go to the Thrustmaster website to retrieve the firmware update.
This besides, this is the best steering wheel I have ever had and is certainly highly recommended.THRUSTMASTER Official Gran Turismo 5 - T500RS Steering Wheel [PS3 - PC] + Dual Shock 3 Game Controller [PS3] + HDMI male-HMDI male Cable - 2m (MC380-2M)
on 10 August 2015
I used to play on a Logitech Driving Force GT. To go from that to this is a big step not only in production quality but also price so make sure it is something that is for you & want to get the best experience in driving games. I recommend what I did which is looking at Youtube videos of people playing with this wheel, reviews & forums were those who own this give their views compared to other cheaper alternatives.
It will take some time getting used to, for me about a week. When I bought this at the start I was not too impressed, I thought it was alright but maybe too overrated. That changed when one day I did a comparison to the Logitech DFGT when playing a couple of games. The T500RS felt not only more solid but also delivered better force feedback. I also felt like I had more control of any car I was driving.
The pedals are fine. I have not had any problems since the start of using them.
Overall I would recommend this for those who are into their car simulators & want as realistic a driving feel as possible. If you are a casual racer though, then the cheaper Logitech DFGT + the paddle shifter mod (about £30 & very easy to install) may be a better option as I still think it is a very good wheel which can still provide a fun driving experience.
I would have also liked to compare this to the Logitech G27 but I do not own or have tried one.
on 21 January 2011
excellent, makes my life a lot easier compared to controller. easy for throttle control, braking and smoother steering.

- construction is very good, metals and plastics are solid. the wheel been on all day and not even that warm, so cooling must be pretty good. if you turn the sound off you can hear the fan(s), but i don't even notice it when playing

- ease of use - well it's just plug and play. i did remap a couple of the buttons to suit me better (ie windshield wipers etc...) i wish i could remap clutch pedal to be reverse, using the triangle button is far from ideal, either that or downshift from 1st to R

- clamp - very good, stable and doesn't move. i don't think i need to bother drilling holes in the gamepod.

- pedals - very happy and using the inverted set up. i tried the brake mod at first, but thought it was too heavy/stiff for my liking - am happy with the default brake feeling - that said i could be swayed by a perfect pedal type mod, as long as price is not ridiculous. also i may use the included brake mod for the clutch when the shifter becomes available later this summer. also they are very stable and i haven't even hard mounted them on the gamepod.

- steering wheel is solid and i love the paddles. no prob for me, i like that they are fixed. wheel dimensions are good. ffb is responsive and you feel what the car is doing. rubber grip is better than expected, but still i would have prefered real leather like the G27 . it is detacheable, so i hope thrustamster make add-on wheels as options - i would love a ferrari wheel in leather i haven't found a way to reduce the 1080 rotation, bit too much if you ask me, esp with some really fast cars on tight cornered street races. i guess good for drifters, but i am dreadful at that

havent tried with any other game than GT5 or on PC. PC drivers should be out by end of jan. hopefully will be same for EA and Codemaster games compatibilty

overall am very pleased with it so far (except for lack of leather on steering wheel), definetly helped me be better at GT5 in the short time i have used it(not surprising really after ps3 controllers) - I can't compare it to logitech g27 or fanatec GT2 since i don't have those, but i can tell you it's miles better than the MS wheel in Forza

just my 2cents
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 10 December 2014
I purchased this wheel from amazon, the actual wheel is a good wheel, however after under 2months of use the steering wheel literally fell of in my hand. This was only purchased due to ps4 only bring compatible with thrustmaster wheels, and if I'm honoust I much preferred my g27 wheel to the t500, overall the wheel is a 4 out 5 when working, but the g27 was just perfect in my eyes, plus I never had a single issue with g27, unlike the t500 rs which I'm still without as thrustmaster asked me to send the wheel base to them. For 360 pound I expected better quality from this product and to not have a replacement sent to me is a joke, especially with the purchase date only 6 weeks before the fault. I will recurve either a repair or replacement however I don't believe it fair that after 6 weeks I'm left with no wheel.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 17 March 2012
I have now had this product for a year and have used it four of five times weekly, doing about 150,000 virtual racing miles with it. (mostly at the Nurburgring with Gran Turismo 5). It has stood up well to the heavy demands I have placed on it. It's response time remains excellent even when racing online. I highly recommend this racing wheel and pedals for anyone seroius about online racing.
It doesn't lend it's self to rally to well due to the lack of specific handbrake but it will allow you to learn the 'scandanavian flick' type of turn.
I keep it covered with a cotton cloth when not using it because it is a little susceptable to dust.