5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent tale -as far as it goes!
This is a really good tale - well researched, crafted and told. I read all three in the series, one straight after another; and therein lies it's main (only?) failing. As has been remarked elsewhere, this saga is not three books, rather one book with possibly three (or two) segments. I read it in Kindle form, so it's hard to judge accurately, but I'd reckon that if...
Published on 10 Oct 2011 by CityGent

2.0 out of 5 stars Viking Rambo
As per previous reviews, this third installment follows the previous two in being rather short; two hundred and something pages on the Kindle. Nonetheless, the story of Halfdan continues to trot along at a decent pace, and certain threads begin to tie up.

I do, however, have a number of gripes with this series. Fundamentally it is very like Cornwell's Thomas...
Published 22 months ago by Mr. D. Hamilton

2.0 out of 5 stars Slow to get into a storyline, 26 April 2013
I spend a lot of time looking for good adventure books. I have read all WIlbur Smith books and look for more of same.First two hundred pages were explaining everything before any action started Already looking for another author where action starts somewhat earlier. Easy reading but lacks any beef.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Enjoyable, 19 Mar 2013
A very enjoyable Story,i liked it so much i ordered the next two books and devoured them in record time.The story is a simple tried and tested formula very much in the bernard cornwall vein.
Pick a period in time,do enough research to make it as historicaly correct as possible,then create an underdog that rises for one reason or other above their station.The underdog has to be goodlooking,ruthless but fair.I dont care if its simple,it makes for a very good trilogy so far and i am looking forward to the next books to conclude the story.

My only crititism would be is the books are a litlle to short.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great story, 18 Dec 2012
This review is from: Viking Warrior (The Strongbow Saga Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Well told story without and pretensions. Good characters. I want to read the others in the series. no real historical information but worth a read

5.0 out of 5 stars Now a fan, 21 Aug 2012
I read this book and became so involved in the story that I immediately downloaded the other two books in the series. I can not wait for the next installments.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Start, 16 Aug 2012
Someimes a free book leaves you disappointed and other times wanting more.

For me, this book was the latter. It had me rooting for Halfdan and willing him on to exact revenge for the injustice of his situation.

Well written, action packed and leaving me wantimg more.

Well done and on to the next.

4.0 out of 5 stars The rise of the Viking Warrior, 24 July 2012
I started this book not knowing it was part of a saga but; the book started off slowly but gave me the chance to get to know the Viking in question. Once the story started to pick up and become more intense I was hooked,The characters are well described and I soon got to relate to each one. As I neared the end of the book I got to realise that there was no way the story could end with so few pages left, I was right but I do believe the next book I buy could well be the next in this series, I do need to know what happens next! An easy read and not too taxing on the brain, a good story that builds and builds.

4.0 out of 5 stars Halfdan ? boy superman, 27 Jun 2012
I have read and enjoyed the trilogy. The historic fiction was good and the story strong. I share other reviewer's comments about Halfdan. He comes across as a boy superman which unfortunately stretches his credibility too far for my liking.

5.0 out of 5 stars viking warrior, 20 Jun 2012
Judson Roberts has wrote a very beliveble story of the Viking History and made it a riveting read.
I like the Viking Warrior so much that I just had to buy the next two books in the saga and carnt wait for the next book to read it was the first book by Judson Roberts and now that I have read his books I am a Fan

Kind Regards

Liberty CoachesViking Warrior (The Strongbow Saga)

5.0 out of 5 stars Viking Tale, 30 May 2012
Mr. R. Heydon (Cumbria UK) - See all my reviews
This book is very well written,has been well researched and I found it so compelling I bought the other two in the series and read them all in three days can't wait for the fourth.

4.0 out of 5 stars BOOK A GOOD READ BUT TO SHORT, 14 May 2012
A GOOD READ -IMMEDIATELY DOWN LOADED VOLUME 2 & 3
The minus point is that the total price of volumes 1,2 & 3 is over 9
the volumes are so short they should have been one book would you pay over 9 for one download?
Notice a preview of volume 4 is also available if you pay 0.77!