5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent tale -as far as it goes!
This is a really good tale - well researched, crafted and told. I read all three in the series, one straight after another; and therein lies it's main (only?) failing. As has been remarked elsewhere, this saga is not three books, rather one book with possibly three (or two) segments. I read it in Kindle form, so it's hard to judge accurately, but I'd reckon that if...
Published on 10 Oct. 2011 by CityGent

› See more 5 star, 4 star reviews
2.0 out of 5 stars Viking Rambo
As per previous reviews, this third installment follows the previous two in being rather short; two hundred and something pages on the Kindle. Nonetheless, the story of Halfdan continues to trot along at a decent pace, and certain threads begin to tie up.

I do, however, have a number of gripes with this series. Fundamentally it is very like Cornwell's Thomas...
Published on 9 Sept. 2012 by Mr. D. Hamilton

› See more 3 star, 2 star, 1 star reviews

3.0 out of 5 stars The Instalments Drag On a Bit, 19 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Viking Warrior (The Strongbow Saga Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
The Viking Warrior Series is not a bad read at all to be fair, but I think I should tell you that ( in my opinion) they are mainly short stories & I think the author is dragging the story out so that you will have to buy the next instalment. I personally think his "Oath" should have been over by the end of the Third Instalment.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Start, 16 Aug. 2012
Someimes a free book leaves you disappointed and other times wanting more.

For me, this book was the latter. It had me rooting for Halfdan and willing him on to exact revenge for the injustice of his situation.

Well written, action packed and leaving me wantimg more.

Well done and on to the next.

2.0 out of 5 stars Slow to get into a storyline, 26 April 2013
I spend a lot of time looking for good adventure books. I have read all WIlbur Smith books and look for more of same.First two hundred pages were explaining everything before any action started Already looking for another author where action starts somewhat earlier. Easy reading but lacks any beef.

4.0 out of 5 stars BOOK A GOOD READ BUT TO SHORT, 14 May 2012
A GOOD READ -IMMEDIATELY DOWN LOADED VOLUME 2 & 3
The minus point is that the total price of volumes 1,2 & 3 is over £9
the volumes are so short they should have been one book would you pay over £9 for one download?
Notice a preview of volume 4 is also available if you pay £0.77!

4.0 out of 5 stars Halfdan ? boy superman, 27 Jun. 2012
I have read and enjoyed the trilogy. The historic fiction was good and the story strong. I share other reviewer's comments about Halfdan. He comes across as a boy superman which unfortunately stretches his credibility too far for my liking.

5.0 out of 5 stars SUPERB!, 7 May 2013
Mr. Paul M. Rushton (the UK) - See all my reviews
The writer Judson Roberts is one of the best authors i have ever read! His ability to enthrall and capture his readers are second to none! I found myself addicted to his saga and needing more!

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, 2 May 2013
See my comments in The Road to Vengeance - enjoyable atmospheric romp through an interesting period. A bit brief and the hero is a bit modern in his views but that does not spoil a good read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Viking Tale, 30 May 2012
Mr. R. Heydon (Cumbria UK) - See all my reviews
This book is very well written,has been well researched and I found it so compelling I bought the other two in the series and read them all in three days can't wait for the fourth.

5.0 out of 5 stars An enjoyable viking tale, 14 Jan. 2015
Dor "Dor" (Lincolnshire) - See all my reviews
Well worth a read. I came across this book, the first of five, whilst trawling through Amazon's recommendations and I'm glad I discovered it. Onto the second book...

5.0 out of 5 stars Now a fan, 21 Aug. 2012
I read this book and became so involved in the story that I immediately downloaded the other two books in the series. I can not wait for the next installments.