5.0 out of 5 stars Great read,
I originally bought this book for the price but enjoyed it so much and am now reading book 2 in the St Ives series. I thought it a great read and loved the characters and history given to the family members and how the 2 main characters grow. The backgroud story for this book was also interesting an it made a change to read of Ireland political background.
I...
Published on 19 April 2011 by Nik

3.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable except for errors
Published 18 months ago by Venetia

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read,, 19 April 2011
Nik (Solihull, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Black Angel (The St Ives Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I realise this is an old book written back in the late 90's along with the 2nd book but I hope Barbara Samuel will go back and write more books to tell the stories of the other family members.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Warm and Feel Good Story., 22 Sep 2011
This review is from: The Black Angel (The St Ives Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Having previously read two titles by Barbara Samuel, 'A Winter Ballad' and then one of my favourite books 'Lucien's Fall', I had very VERY high expectations of 'The Black Angel' and I was definately not disappointed! The story of Tynan Spenser, Earl of Glencove and the friendship and love that grows with Adriana St. Ives is told with such warmth and feeling. I was so wrapped up in their love story that the hours literally slipped by - up early to finish it and oops late for work! I don't want to spoil the indepth parts of the book (and there are many to discover) because I feel you need to unwrap them for yourself as you glide through the pages. I can't recommend this book enough, such a pleasure to read and it could so easily have been missed amongst all the books Amazon have on offer..... I loved every word....

4.0 out of 5 stars GOOD LITERARY READ, 19 Feb 2012
Carol 'avid little bookworm' (LEEDS, Yorkshire, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Black Angel (The St Ives Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Although I really enjoyed this book and would recommend it I can't say I loved it as much a Lucien's Fall which had me hooked from start to finish and was the reason I purchased this book, this I've also reviewed (see all my reviews).

The writing was excellent and I warmed to all the main characters. The author built the characters up throughout the novel not just Adriana and Tynan the two main characters but also a number of other family members, which I really enjoyed.

The book was quite long so I didn't think it needed to be any longer but after building the story throughout, the end was sudden - I had no idea I was reading the last chapter when I got to it - and I was left feeling I wanted to know more of what happened to Adriana and Tynan. This is the first in the series so maybe we get to know more in the next book/s, I hope so.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Black Angel, 25 July 2013
Mrs K B (South East England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Black Angel (The St Ives Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I actually liked this story and will probably look at some of the authors other work. Although the heroine was a bit wishy washy I liked Tynan Spenser very much and felt engaged in his struggles to make the best of his marriage and his quest to do the best for his people.

5.0 out of 5 stars The black angel, 2 May 2013
This review is from: The Black Angel (The St Ives Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I loved this book, I found the story captivating. l could not put my kindle down. Unlike many free ebooks this one did not read like a school essay.

3.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable except for errors, 13 Jan 2013
This review is from: The Black Angel (The St Ives Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed this book but felt that Ms Samuels needs to learn a few basic things about the English. Prime example? We don't eat hot cross buns all year round and never with clotted cream and jam. Presumably she meant scones but never bothered to check. I also wondered why the heroine went riding in the park with a fan in one hand. Surely this must have made riding a bit tricky? There were a myriad of other crass mistakes - which is a shame, really. Overall, it's not a bad book and I did like the hero very much indeed. But American authors really need to take more care when writing English historical romance - or stick to a world they understand.

1.0 out of 5 stars Historical 50 Shades of Grey It's Not!, 13 May 2012
This review is from: The Black Angel (The St Ives Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Awful. What was I thinking about? Stereotypical 'characters' and non-existent story. Deleted from Kindle as couldn't stand to even look at cover.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Black Angel, 22 April 2012
This review is from: The Black Angel (The St Ives Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
This is superbly written. A novel to make the reader keep turning the pages. What started out as a marriage of convenience between the two leading characters developed over the course of the story into a binding love. The trials and tribulations undergone by both characters led to a very entertaining read.I recommend this one and I will read more of this author's work.

The Black Angel (The St Ives Book 1)
0.77