5.0 out of 5 stars A very useful instrument at a great value price
This item is great value. It is no larger than the alternatives - 10cm wide by 10.5cm high - but the digits are large - 2.5cm high. You can read them from 20 feet away. This is a very useful instrument for indoors, larders, conservatory or greenhouse etc. It shows the actual readings, but also has a memory of max and min values by pressing the "memory" button. I am...
Published on 25 Sep 2011 by E. Brightwell

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and cheerful
Clear and seems accurate but battery does not fit properly and needed to cover end of battery with tinfoil to make connection secure!
Published 18 months ago by Tony2468

‹ Previous | 1 2 380 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars OK ish, 9 Oct 2013
C. Thorley (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LCD Digital Temperature Humidity Meter Thermometer (Garden & Outdoors)
I bought 3 of these.

side by side after one month they all showed different times. and the temperatures didnt match by over 1 degree.

5.0 out of 5 stars cheap and cheerful, 23 April 2011
I've bought two of these now. They do exactly what they say, but they're not that accurate. Putting them side by side for an hour and a 2C difference in temp and 5% difference in hunidity, so if you're looking for accuracy don't buy a cheapo device.

However, as a general indicator it is ideal for room temp etc, and it does actually save you money !!!! Sometimes I'm feeling a bit chilly and normally I would have turned the thermostat up on my central heating, but now I look at the temp read out of this device and I can see that it's not as cold as I thought and there's no need to adjust the themrostat. I realise, of course, that this is just psychological, but it works, and consequently I don't turn my heating up nearly so often, which saves me on my heating bill. I was so impressed that I bought a 2nd device for the bedroom. The fact that it's not accurate is irrelevent, it's close enough, it's great value for money, and I'm satisfied with it.

:-) sarah

4.0 out of 5 stars good value, 11 Aug 2013
I have had this product for two years and it is still working a treat, easy to use with large digits on the screen.
would recomend.

3.0 out of 5 stars digital thermometer/clock/hygrometer, 23 Sep 2011
Mrs. L. A. Quinlan (Essex, England) - See all my reviews
Product arrived quickly, but took ages to work out the instructions! Seems they are for 2 different models, and trial and error approach is needed. The thermometer/hygrometer seem to work well, but the clock has a mind of its own and has changed the time setting a few times - expect I'll eventually work it out.
Value for money = reasonable. Looks are good.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's okay, 1 Sep 2013
jOhN (Church Gresley, UK) - See all my reviews
Displays all the information as described. However, I don't think it is that accurate as the thermometer showed 22 degrees but I'm sure the room was below 16 degrees.

4.0 out of 5 stars Thermometer, 22 Aug 2013
Easy to adjust and just what I was looking for.....The number of words needed for this one review is ridiculous

5.0 out of 5 stars Seems to be accurate, 11 Aug 2013
I bought two of these tempertaure/humiditymeters and checked them side by side over the course of 24 hours. Their readings agreed on temperature (never more than 0.1 degrees difference, normally agreeing exactly) and humidity (never differing by more than 2%) - which is encouraging - and each meter runs on a single AAA battery, so no weird "button battery" specs to be located.

1.0 out of 5 stars Be warned. This is a total waste of Time and Money, 1 July 2013
I first ordered this product in November 2012 and, given the Christmas period, I did not receive delivery until the New Year. This was fair enough and, as it wasn't crucial, I was not concerned

However, the product display was defective and I have had many emails to and from the supplier about a replacement. On each occasion the supplier has assured me that a replacement was being sent but one never arrived.

Finally, fed up with the situation I asked for a refund and suddenly the supplier stopped replying to my emails.

It is interesting that most of the negative reviews have taken place in 2013. Food for though

I would never buy anything from this company again and would not recommend anyone else to either

If I could rate this with a zero star then I would............and that would probably be too good!

4.0 out of 5 stars its very large, 3 Aug 2011
arrived very quickly, didnt realise how big it would be all works fine, but now i am looking for a smaller one.

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap Device That Enables Customizations... ish., 24 July 2014
Delivery took about 3 weeks, which was fine as I knew it was coming from China. However, attempting to get this thing to work was an unexpected challenge. A similar product I ordered a few months back basically involved a two steps... insert battery, set time. However, this one unfortunately was built so cheaply that the battery case cover pushed the battery off the contacts, kind of like an unintended off switch. I resolved this with foil - my battery no longer falls out, which is great.

The next problem was that only half the screen worked... but I noticed if you squeezed it, the problem went away. Realising it would likely shatter with frequent squeezes, I resolved the by opening it up and wedging a tissue over the wiring inside (i.e. squeezing the circuit board onto the screen).

Now it fully works - but albeit a few modifications. But that's ok, if you think of it as a 'kit clock' that you half build yourself... in fact I feel I should give it 3 stars as it made me feel all warm and squishy inside over the fact I managed to beat cheap Chinese engineering.

I guess now it a matter of seeing if the thing actually works, and it doesn't burn down my house. If that happens, I'm sure a follow up review will suggest placing it on a non-flammable surface to truly maximise your 3 cheap-temp-clock experience.

‹ Previous | 1 2 380 | Next ›