4.0 out of 5 stars Nice piece of kit. Instructions a hoot.
Published on 9 April 2013 by A. Halstead

1.0 out of 5 stars Display not working properly
Arrived eventually. Very hard to understand instructions as they have been translated in English very badly. Some digits on the display do not work resulting in numbers becoming wrong (8 displays as 6).
Published on 31 Jan. 2013 by Steven McNally

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice piece of kit. Instructions a hoot., 9 April 2013
A. Halstead (Manchester) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LCD Digital Temperature Humidity Meter Thermometer (Electronics)
The unit arrived today ( a mere 3 weeks after ordering it online), and first impressions are favourable. Bear in mind that this identical product is available from several Amazon Third Party suppliers at a wide variety of prices, but this is the cheapest I could find, and the fact that it is posted from Hong Kong & takes ages to arrive has lost it one star. Don't order this thermometer from this supplier if you have an overidingly urgent & immediate need to check the temperature and relative humidity is all I'm getting at.

However, it arrived securely packaged but you'll need an AAA battery to hand, as one isn't supplied. It's quite large (about 4 inches square) and therefore, as some 75% of its face is devoted to the LCD display, the characters are very large and easily read.

The same can't be said for the minuscule instruction sheet, which is an absolute hoot to read actually. I laughed out loud at the absurd mangling of the English language this piece of paper displayed. It's almost totally unintelligible & you'll need an Enigma machine to decode its cryptic message, but the wife & I had endless minutes of fun & laughter working out what it actually meant.

But actually, as there are only 3 buttons to press on it, trial & error gets the thing working & displaying the correct time & date in a few minutes. It does the temperature bit itself with no user involvement required.

For its absurdly low price, the machine is very nicely finished & looks a lot more expensive than it is and as a matter of interest I placed it side by side with another old digital thermometer I've had for many years and eventually both units read the same temperature, to within a decimal point, so I guess it's pretty accurate. I mean, what's 0.1 of a degree C or F between friends??

I think it would be ideal for a greenhouse owner, as it can display maximum and minimum temperatures and humidity by date, if you want, which data can be reset by pressing one button on the back, helpfully labelled "Reset", so they at least got that word right. You can also change the display from Celsius to degrees Fahrenheit if you're American or very old. Jolly useful. Perhaps.

I don't really know why I've wasted 20 minutes typing this & staring at two digital thermometers comparing their accuracy, on a review of a product costing £3.22, but there you go. The humidity in my computer room is 40%, by the way, in case you're interested & it's 20 C. Which is nice.

Anyway, all in all, I like this product very much indeed & recommend that, if you need one, buy this one. It looks very swish & modern & seems to do its modest little allotted task very well, & keeps a Chinagentleman or Chinalady in a job too. Pity about the instructions though.....they might have thought of passing them to someone who could actually speak English before printing them, but a minor niggle.

Oh, and it has a pair of dinky little fold-out legs at the back so you can prop it up, and a keyhole thingy in the back so you can hang it on a nail if you're that way inclined.

5.0 out of 5 stars A very useful instrument at a great value price, 25 Sept. 2011
E. Brightwell (Marlow, England) - See all my reviews
This item is great value. It is no larger than the alternatives - 10cm wide by 10.5cm high - but the digits are large - 2.5cm high. You can read them from 20 feet away. This is a very useful instrument for indoors, larders, conservatory or greenhouse etc. It shows the actual readings, but also has a memory of max and min values by pressing the "memory" button. I am currently using my one to check the fridge temperature. I have 3 different digital temp/humidity meters, this being by far the cheapest. As long as you leave them to stabilise ( say one hour ) they all show exactly the same reading for both temp ( to the nearest degree - forget the decimal place! ) and humidity, so this one is as accurate as the others costing several times more. I bought the others for specific additional functions, such as remote sensors and dual memory etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent & Useful Product; Unbeatable Price; Fast Service!, 1 Mar. 2012
I wanted an 'independent' confirmation of how a recently installed gas central heating is functioning. The central heating RF Thermostat/programmer unit has very small display and is not much help as to what the current temperature status is. I saw the many positive reviews of this item, and decided to order it. All the glowing reports are correct! As others have said, once you get past the funny english (hey lets not be smug/arrogant in the global village, their english is way better than my chinese!), the item works perfectly and is very useful. I have fixed it right next to the RF Thermostst / Programmer in the hall and with the clear, legible and large display (NO SQUINTING!), I can see exactly what the temperature of the home is. Glad to say, the heating system is working properly and maintains a steady temperature. Checked for accuracy with 2 other more expensive digital thermometers and the temperature on all shows within fractions of a degree celsius. The Humidity % indicator I have now discovered is also a very good indicator of any damp and all round health/comfort requirements. The time/date are just a bonus. Ordering about 6 more for other areas of the home and relatives and friends. Now it is easy to be Eco-concious, green, healthy and comfortable! At this price, excellent service, just buy it! You need this more than you realise!

5.0 out of 5 stars thermometer/humidity meter, 4 Jun. 2011
Have just bought this meter and iam very pleased with it. It is realy well made, i have checked it against a £97.00 weather station and found it to be very accurate. For the price it represents excellent value for money

1.0 out of 5 stars Display not working properly, 31 Jan. 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value and accurate reading, 16 Feb. 2012
I purchased this for my bedroom so I could keep an eye on the humidity levels. I do have a larger weather station for my bedside but thought this would look nice on my desk, also allowing me to compare both readings.

The product has a nice large display making it very easy to read. I like the fact the temperature and humidity are the largest numbers, as opposed to the clock which isn't really needed. I mean they're everywhere!

The reading seems accurate and for the past few days has always been the same, or within 1% of my weather station reading.

A bonus is it comes with an AAA battery!!( I purchased mine from Standby/On) Im not sure if the battery will be included by all sellers or if I was just lucky.

1.0 out of 5 stars I got a dummy!, 31 Dec. 2014
I got this thing more than one month after I ordered it. After I eagerly opened and put in a AAA cell to see it working--lo and behold--it's a dummy! I don't think I am going to send it back and claim a refund as it cost me only 2.70 pounds.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK ish, 9 Oct. 2013
C. Thorley (UK) - See all my reviews
I bought 3 of these.

side by side after one month they all showed different times. and the temperatures didnt match by over 1 degree.

1.0 out of 5 stars inaccurate, 23 Jun. 2012
the themometer is inaccurate 2-3 degrees centrigade - dont know if the relative humidity is acurate as I dont have another measure for that but I do have two other thermometers so know that measurement is wrong

5.0 out of 5 stars cheap and cheerful, 23 April 2011
I've bought two of these now. They do exactly what they say, but they're not that accurate. Putting them side by side for an hour and a 2C difference in temp and 5% difference in hunidity, so if you're looking for accuracy don't buy a cheapo device.

However, as a general indicator it is ideal for room temp etc, and it does actually save you money !!!! Sometimes I'm feeling a bit chilly and normally I would have turned the thermostat up on my central heating, but now I look at the temp read out of this device and I can see that it's not as cold as I thought and there's no need to adjust the themrostat. I realise, of course, that this is just psychological, but it works, and consequently I don't turn my heating up nearly so often, which saves me on my heating bill. I was so impressed that I bought a 2nd device for the bedroom. The fact that it's not accurate is irrelevent, it's close enough, it's great value for money, and I'm satisfied with it.

:-) sarah