5.0 out of 5 stars Well presented and detailed
This is very professionally produced and impressive. They break everything down for you so you can learn what to do step-by-step. Unlike other DVDs it points out common mistakes that I didn't even realise I was making. I would definitely recommend it for anyone else who is working towards their Wado Ryu Black Belt!
Published 21 months ago by Nj

3.0 out of 5 stars Good content and detail
Published 17 months ago by Fight Zine

5.0 out of 5 stars Well presented and detailed, 30 Sep 2012
This review is from: Get My Black Belt Wado Ryu Karate 6 x DVD Home Study Course (DVD)

3.0 out of 5 stars Good content and detail, 12 Feb 2013
I was looking forward to reviewing this Wado Ryu Karate instructional 6 DVD set when I saw it advertised earlier last year. It offers a huge amount of content for the price, and so, over the duration of a weekend I worked my way through all 6 DVD’s. The first DVD opens with the basics like many other instructional guides, and gradually works its way through the warm ups, stretching, stances, techniques, punches, blocks, guards and kicks. It then follows on with forms, explanations of the forms, and sparring. I particularly found the highlighting of common mistakes useful, as with numerous instructional DVD’s you are never sure if you have the correct posture or positioning. The onscreen graphics draw much needed attention to feet and hand positioning, and also demonstrate balance and posture. This is of great benefit to beginners and even experienced karate-ka looking to polish their practice. I also found the close-up shots helpful, although I would of liked to have seen more to confirm the correct application.... Read more at Fight Zine

5.0 out of 5 stars Great learning aid for kids, 26 Sep 2012
My kids do karate so I got them this DVD box set. It is very well thought out and put together and my kids love the way they can jump to whatever section they want. This helps them to practice their katas if they forget what they were told in class.

5.0 out of 5 stars top notch, 19 April 2014
Quality dvd. Top notch production, content, explanations and demonstrations.I am very impressed and believe this will bring my 7 year old son on leap and bounds to reinforce the info and practical taught in his karate lessons as he struggles to concentrate for the full hour.ive decided to do the dvd myself along side my insanity dvd .very highly recommended.dont hesitate to buy.from the thousands of products that I have purchased from amazon this is the first I've ever made the effort to leave a review.That speaks for itself.many thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars Teach yourself Wado Ryu karate at home, 24 Oct 2012
S. R. Mills (Hertfordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This 6x DVD set goes into incredible detail about everything you need to know to get to black belt standard in Wado Ryu karate. It includes basics, kata (forms or patterns), bunkai (the explanation and application of kata), blocks and counters and the theory and application of sparring - both free sparring and competition techniques. What I particularly like is the onscreen highlighting of what the narrator is explaining - a very useful visual aid. There are also demonstrations of how NOT to perform the various basics and techniques which is also a useful teaching aid.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great boost to Karate Lessons, 24 Oct 2012
I have recently started Karate and bought this DVD to supplement my lessons. It's absolutely brilliant for this purpose. It comes with a DVD for each belt so you can focus solely on what is needed to attain each grade. The moves are broken down and dissected to show you each part of a move and understand how to perform it correctly. It shows commonly made mistakes and how to avoid them, who knew there was more to kicking than just swinging your leg? The only down side is that this fantastic learning tool was made by my instructors so I have no excuses to be getting things wrong in lessons!!!
Would recommend to anyone at any level who wants to practice in the right way between lessons. The explanations of the Katas are particularly enlightening. 10/10 A must buy!!

5.0 out of 5 stars All you will need for your Black Belt preparation, 21 Oct 2012
Superbly put together and can we watched over-and-over! The DVDs cover everything you will need for your Black Belt. All techniques, katas and fighting are complete and with detailed narative, slow motion and enough repetition so anyone can learn everything required from basic to advanced techniques and kata applications. It covers every level step-by-step as you progress through each color belts on your way to your Black Belt.

4.0 out of 5 stars Full course not included., 10 Mar 2014
I was really looking forward to getting this DVD as my two sons had just started doing Karate. However Disk 1, which I presume should be an introduction to basic techniques, had the same material on it as Disk 6 which is much more advanced. Also Disk 2 had scuff marks on the label; being a new DVD this is not acceptable. Very disappointed, returned the same day of delivery for refund.

Update.
The seller has been in touch. He is aware of the issue and is taking steps to rectify this. The quality and content of the other DVD's is excellent. So I will be looking forward to eventually receiving the whole course.

4.0 out of 5 stars Blackbelt, 15 May 2013
Great DVD set very useful for someone who's a complete beginner to karate, I'm a 2nd dan blackbelt in kickboxing and I've always loved karate and wanted to try it but couldn't find anywhere local to train so did kickboxing instead and I must say karate isn't easy to learn but the self defence side of it is absolutely great. I would recommend this DVD to anyone who's into karate.

4.0 out of 5 stars Well done!, 19 May 2013
Firstly, I appreciate the labour the teachers put into it.
Secondly, for the production quality and the mass of information contained the price is unbeatable.
Thirdly, it is obvious that the performers really love what they practice.
The only slight drawback could be that for an absolute beginner there might be too much information in a somewhat fast paced manner. However, this is personal taste.