5.0 out of 5 stars Yummy!
Published on 5 Dec 2005 by Michelle

2.0 out of 5 stars Sarah, Sarah, Sarah....
This book has a lot of fantastically useful recipes and tons of extras. I particularly liked the array of vegan sweet nibbley, picky things.

The only thing I disliked about this book, and it's a BIG dislike, hence the two star rating, was that there are no pictures of food but pictures of *Sarah's fabulous life* on just about every page.

I ended up...
Published on 16 Feb 2009 by flickerbook

5.0 out of 5 stars Yummy!, 5 Dec 2005
This is a great book for any vegan. The recipes are fast and usually make one to two servings. Perfect if you're the only one eating or if you have a vegan/vegetarian guest comming over. The deserts chapter is huge! And there's also a whole section for mock meats. I love this book (and her other two). Everything I have made has been great. If you're thinking 'What will I eat' this book is perfect

5.0 out of 5 stars Expecting tips on tree hugging? Think again., 13 July 2007
I decided around 2 weeks ago, after much research, to adopt a
Vegan lifestyle. I have been Vegetarian for a number of years and Veganism
was clearly the next logical step. At first, though, it seemed extremely
daunting.

That's when I decided that I needed some help! I've heard good things
about Sarah Kramer's books from friends who had already become Vegan so I
decided to invest 15 in La Dolce Vegan. What a great decision.

It's crammed full of recipes, not just for Vegan foods but also for
cruelty-free clothing as well as eco-friendly cleaning products. It's a
brilliant insight into how a complete Vegan lifestyle can help shape the
way we deal with our environments.

Another thing I loved about this book was the look of it. Many people
believe Vegans to be tree-huggin hippies. La Dolce Vegan looks beautiful
with it's retro 50's graphics and pin=up styling.

All in all, a great read and one I will be flicking through for ages!

4.0 out of 5 stars Would have been a 5 but for a couple of minor things, 9 July 2007
Although not illustrated, the recipes are generally clear and easy to follow. The chatty and informal style of writing is also very refreshing and insights about Sarah Kramer's life add to the enjoyment of the book and it is difficult not to dislike her - if anything I would like to know more about her and would be intrigued if she wrote an autobiography. However, the last chapter - 'DIY' - which included tips on how to make a Duct Tape Dummy, a Pillow Case Shirt and a Toothbrush Bracelet, was not particularly helpful and it would have been more useful if Kramer had included a list explaining some of the more unusual ingredients (liquid smoke, tamari, pre-schucked edamame beans, nutritional yeast flakes, etc) which were not familiar to me and also a list of worldwide websites and/or retailers where one might purchase them from. Otherwise, an excellent book with outstanding recipes. Overall, I am so pleased with the book, I am intending to buy its two predecessors.

2.0 out of 5 stars Sarah, Sarah, Sarah...., 16 Feb 2009
flickerbook (Southern England) - See all my reviews

I ended up finding that tiresome at best and it's a shame, because the recipes are great (eventually, when you've tinkered with US/Canadian measures until they seem to fit British sensibilities...).

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic - Not only for vegans!, 8 July 2007
U. Hartmann (Bristol, UK) - See all my reviews
This book is simply fantastic! It's understood that everything it is vegan, but the main thing is that everything is absolutely delicious!!! There are so many lovely recipes that sound so mouthwatering that I find it really hard to decide which one to try... ;-) I bet you could feed any of these dishes to meat-eaters and they would not necessarily realize that they're vegan or find any reason to complain. The dessert section is particularly great. I can only recommend this book to everyone, vegan or not.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Brilliant!, 21 Mar 2008
R. J. Clapham "NORTHERN ANGEL" (BATH, UK) - See all my reviews
I've been vegan for coming up a year now and have acquired quite a few vegan cook books to keep inspiring me to keep my diet varied. This is by far my favourite one! Everything i've tried in it (which is quite a lot) has been wonderful - it never fails to deliver. I make a lot of the soups (the curried ginger and butternut squash and peanut stew in particular) and they are so easy and incredibly tasty. I bulk cook them at a weekend then freeze them in portions so i have easy and nutritious lunches during the week. I have also made the lentil dip/spread many times as it's a good alternative to hummus to spread on rice cakes or have in sandwiches with avocado and peppers - delicious! The sections for desserts and baking are also wonderful and everything is just so easy. I would highly recommend this book as it's certainly got me spending much more time in the kitchen.

5.0 out of 5 stars FABULOUS, JUST FABULOUS!!!, 1 Oct 2006
I brought this book because I own a cake company and I needed to learn about dairy free baking. This book is fantastic. Whilst I myself am not vegan, I use this book for my own cooking at home as well as for work. The banana pecan pancakes are a favourite of mine and my boyfriend (who is tring to cut down the bad fats in his diet). You cannot tell that they are missing eggs, which is probably the hardest thing to replace. I have made the chocolate cakes for customers (vegans and non vegans) and they have been very well recieved. I used to be a vegetarian but I do try to have meat only a couple of times a week now so this book is full of great inspiration. My favourite non cake recipe in the book is the stuffed butternut squash. Mmmmmmmmmm. I also like the way sarah includes little blurbs about all the recipes and the DIY craft section at the back. This is not a book for lazy people. This is a book for creative people that love cooking and love life!

5.0 out of 5 stars Another winner, 9 Oct 2005
F. Pook (Lancashire, England) - See all my reviews
Yet another winner from Sarah! All the recipes I have tried so far have been fantastic and there are loads of new ideas to try; not just food but useful ideas for around the house - including 45 things to do with salt. This certainly deserves a place on your bookcase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Even a Dane loves it!, 17 Oct 2008
Meagan Kivig (Copenhagen,Denmark) - See all my reviews
I have owned this book for several year,it was the first cookbook I bought after going vegan. I have used it so much it's falling apart and badly stained with chocolate and sauces. I highly recommend this book.It's refreshing,fun and the recipes are spectacular. I recently got married and moved to another country where vegan restaurants are zero.I have had to cook every day for me and my husband who had never had vegan food until I came along. I have impressed him so much with my cooking,most being recipes from this book,that he is now (mostly)vegan(he's working on the last bit).
If I can turn a meat-eating Dane,where the word vegan is only very recently being heard,with these recipes,I think that anyone will love them,too.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you have a kitchen you should own this book!, 9 May 2008
K. A. Hill (UK) - See all my reviews
I received my copy of La Dolce Vegan only this morning and I love it already!
It's author Sarah Kramer has really put her heart in to it.
The recipes are simple and easy to follow and every one of them sounds delicious! I love the way the book is presented, it makes you want to
put the kettle on, sit down with a cup of tea and have a good read of it.
Sarah makes veganism very accessible, she is down to earth and talks about
veganism without sounding too opinionated or arrogant.
I would like to point out that I very rarely bother to review any of the
books I buy but this one deserves a recommendation!
I recommend Sarah Kramers "La Dolce Vegan!" to anyone interested in cooking
whether they are vegan or not, I also recommend it as a wonderful introduction to vegan cooking and lifestyle.
Basically, If you have a kitchen, you should own this book!
Well thanks for reading my review. Now I am off to buy one of her other books!