5.0 out of 5 stars Works on the Nexus 7
It works on the Nexus 7! Sorry to see it is still not available on the Google Play store.

Well worth the download if you have a Android tablet.
Published on 3 Oct. 2012 by marcoscu

Read Contacts: This permission is used to so that you can access your phone contacts from the Amazon app for the purposes of sending Amazon gift cards.- IM SAYING NO TO THAT, AS I DONT NEED THIS APP TO GO THROUGH MY CONTACT LIST!!!
Published 1 month ago by John Doe

1.0 out of 5 stars UNNECESSARY SPYING PERMISSIONS, PLEASE READ BELOW AND BE AWARE !!!, 30 May 2015
This review is from: Amazon (App)
* Receive SMS: This permission will be used to simplify the process of phone number verification for several exciting upcoming Amazon app features.- ...UPCOMING FEATURES? REALLY? IM SAYING NO TO THAT !!!
* Camera: The camera is used to scan barcodes and for Flow, a new way to search for multiple items quickly.-YEAH RIGHT AND SNAP SOME SNEAKY PICTURES, WHO IS SCANNING THE BARCODES... DEFINITELY NO TO THAT! !!
* Location: Location permissions are required to support the convenience store delivery service offered by Amazon in France and Japan. Customers in those locations can request delivery to a convenience store near their current location. This service is not available in other countries supported by the Amazon Shopping app.-I LIVE IN UK FOR F#*K SAKE, ALSO YOU PROVIDING YOUR FULL ADRESS DETAILS DURING REGISTRATION PROCESS, SO YOU DON'T NEED ACCES TO MY LOCATION!!!
* Account: Account permissions are used for integration with Facebook and other social networks you have connected to your device to allow you to share products with friends and family.-INTEGRATION WITH FACEBOOK, READ THIS AS SPAMINNG AND SPYING WITH FACEBOOK, IF I WANT TO SHARE SOMETHING I CLIC ON SHARE BUTTON OR COPY AND PASTE THE LINK WHY SHOULD I GIVE A PERMISSION FOR ANOTHER SPYING, SPAMMING FETURE!?
* Phone calls: within the app you are able to place a call to Amazon Customer Service. Tap Menu > Help & About > Contact Us > Call Customer Service, and we will place the proper number in the phone app and dial it.-DO YOU REALLY THINK ALL PPL AROUND THE WORLD ARE SO THICK THAT THEY CAN NOT DIAL THE NUMBER!!! ANOTHER USELESS SPYING THING, BE AWARE!!!
* Phone status & local storage permissions are required to support notifications in China.-I HAVE SAID THIS ONCE AND ILL SAY IT AGAIN "I LIVE IN UK U C#*~S"
* Read / Write USB Storage

2.0 out of 5 stars I did love it but now...., 17 May 2015
This review is from: Amazon (App)
It has always been a handy app for me and I have used it frequently, but the latest update wants access to SMS, which is completely unecessary for a shopping app.

1.0 out of 5 stars Too much access, get Google Play version, 9 May 2015
This review is from: Amazon (App)
Unnecessarily requests access to far too much on your device. Get the one from Google Play instead, slightly less intrusive. On some devices it comes preinstalled, just uninstall and get from Play store instead.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works on the Nexus 7, 3 Oct. 2012
marcoscu "marcoscu" (Chorley,UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Amazon (App)

Well worth the download if you have a Android tablet.

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than what's on Google's Playstore but..., 11 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Amazon (App)
*disclaimer* I am a web developer and security professional by trade, and have a great understanding of the risks associated with installing apps outside of the offical play store. Do not do this unless you know what you are doing and the affects it can have on your device.

This is a good app. It's better than what's on Google's Play store for a number of reasons. For 1, it is more feature complete, it has prime video built in for example. It makes for a more complete shopping experience. Easier to find things as barcode scanning is built in, etc.

However I don't like the fact I have to disable certain security features on my phone to install the app. While I trust Amazon to ensure there isn't anything malicious in their apps (be it the Amazon app, Kindle, their appstore etc) I don't trust everyone and having my phone not able to install anything clicked on by accident or downloaded is a good thing. That being said I understand that the Amazon app contains features that Google didn't like and hence why Amazon had to separate out their app. I just don't feel I can give something 5 stars that encourages people to turn off a critical security feature on their phones.

1.0 out of 5 stars Unacceptable Permissions Creep, 22 May 2015
This review is from: Amazon (App)
This app now asks for permissions I'm just not prepared to give it. It was working fine until now, so why does it need to be able to _send_ SMS messages?! If that is required for a different country, then make people in that country install it - not me! Some of the other permissions are not required either. I have just uninstalled it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Severe invasion of privacy, 26 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Amazon (App)
I Will no longer be using this app due to the recent changes: requesting access to to my contacts (including information on frequently dialed/texted number). Who I speak to and how often should have nothing to do with what I am purchasing..
Being able to send or recieve sms (charges can incur).. really going to let you do that aren't I??
publishing details of my purchases or browsing choices because again I really don't do surprise gifts or don't mind the world knowing that I spend a lot on my little pony (for my child) or looking for video games..
so thank you amazon and your equally poor fellow companies such as Facebook and google for now removing any shred of privacy I once had with my internet usage.. Yes I did share links or photos but this was my choice as to what and when I shared now that's been taken away.. and btw yes I did look at a new kettle and bought it so I don't need to keep seeing the same advert for it or anything else I've browsed for and bought.. I'm not obsessed with the damn things..

5.0 out of 5 stars Been satisfied with my purchases & not had anything of poor ..., 21 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Amazon (App)
Been using Amazon for while now.
Originally for purchasing my kindle fire hd ebooks & more recently for buying craft & jewellery making supplies.
Been satisfied with my purchases & not had anything of poor quality or fail to meet my expectations.
I always check the buyer reviews & if comments draw attention to items size etc I look again at the item..If too small, I reorder & choose a larger version of product.
The interaction between the market place & us customers is very useful for us all...

5.0 out of 5 stars Vivat, vivat Amazon!, 3 Jun. 2015
Derek A. Harmer-Morris "Derek" (Burnley, Lancashire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Amazon (App)
I use Amazon a lot for dvds and books and I have always found their service excellent and the products highly satisfactory. They have been very prompt and helpful on the very few occasions that I have needed them and I would not ever consider not ordering from them on a regular basis. Amazon performs a very valuable network service and I am so glad they are still going strong.

5.0 out of 5 stars One App I cannot live without, 16 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Amazon (App)
I must use this app everyday, numerous times. It has saved me a fortune since I downloaded it. Its on my phone and it was the first app I downloaded on to my tablet....which I bought through Amazon....! If you like a bargain this app is for you.

Amazon