on 2 June 2013
I have been looking for a watch with an interval timer for a long time, I have been making do with an old timex which had a count down timer with an alert beep which lasted 10 seconds so I could do standard tabata's but still had to keep track of the rounds in my head, I have this watch less than 24hrs and it is already the best thing I have bought in years, I have had at least 4 Gymboss timers and although they are excellent I have a habit of losing them or they break down if I train in the heavy rain, the only criticism would be the beep at the end of the first interval could be louder / longer, I suspect swimming intervals could be difficult to hear it, not tried that yet.
on 3 November 2012
This is a first-class, reliable, reasonably priced running watch.
It is very easy to use and the big numbers are useful for someone like myself who normally wears glasses, but not while running.
I bought it because the strap holder snapped on my previous Ironman.
And, on the Ironman before that, the actual strap broke.
Let's hope I have better luck with the strap this time, but I have no worries about the watch itself.
on 2 January 2013
I wanted something with big numbers and backlighting so I didnt have to a) swithc the light on and b) find my glasses to be able to tell what the time was. This has been perfect. Waterproof and tracks time in 2 timezones as well as all sort of complicated timing that I dont use.
on 21 December 2014
Had this watch for 14 months when the strap snapped. I rarely take it off and no force has been applied. Otherwise I would have given it 4 stars.

Good: large clear digits. Good options for runners with dual time, 3 alarms, interval timer, countdown timer and lap recording. Very easy logical menu system. Comfortable.

Bad: the strap usually lasts less time than the battery. If you do change the battery, the watch is no longer waterproof. Timex print a stupid logo on the screen that impinges on the upper read-out.

I have had 5 Ironmans and the strap rarely lasts more than a year. As it is built into the structure of the watch it is almost impossible to fit an alternative replacement (you can get one from USA for about $15). I regard this as cynical built in obsolescence but keep coming back to buy them because I can't find the functionality, clarity and comfort in competitors' watches. As soon as I do I will abandon them and then I won't get annoyed every year when the strap breaks.
on 7 April 2014
If your eyesight is failing like mine , then buy this watch, only thing is I didn't search enough and could have bought for £33. Instead of £48. But easy to operate etc
on 8 April 2016
Hello beautiful people, I bought this watch from Amazon (love to shop from...) and I always had it on my wrist! After one year, 365 days + / - , strap broken, snapped, cracked, craped! I LOOOOOVE the watch! It's very smart! Works perfect! Excellent Indiglo light! Great 3 alarm, smart and easy to use menu! I don't need another watch! [(I feel so sorry for Amazon which does not take the time to write the excellent features of some real good stuff they are selling as this watch right here but anyway...)]
But bullsh!t.... The freaking RESIGN STRAP is a pain in the buttttttttt! As you see in the pictures and as another gentleman stated, it is a crappp, the strap is crap! I tell you what! Hope Timex people are watching this review... if they do this watch as a bracelet stainless steal, they will over sell this model....! I hope they give me one for free as I told them this idea... ;). Anyway... the strap is freaking expensive online, and I carry it with me every day as it is, with the strap broken. I gave the 1 star rating for the crapping strap but in reality for me is 5 stars! Freaking STRAAAAAAPPPPPPPP!!! What is wrong with Timex design team people at Timex? They don't love straps? Can they deliever a time piece with timeless warranty on it? How about this to think about TimeX Team People? Hope you decide what is best for you. Thank you Amazon for the privilege of honest reviews! Bless ya'll ! Thank you!
review image review image review image
on 8 March 2013
husbands anniversary present he loves it number big enough so he doesn't need to put glasses on to read the time
on 30 August 2011
I bought this watch mainly for it's large and clear lcd display (I do a bit of running and don't want to strain to read the digits) but also for the orange strap. The product arrived in good time as per usual with amazon but the packaging had been a little beaten up in the post. Despite this the watch was unmarked. In practice it's functional, extremely lightweight, the large tall digits are easy to see under running conditions and so far I am a happy jogger. AND it looks cool (love the orange), I just hope the strap doesn't break over time.

Update: I've owned this watch for over a year now and any fears I had of the strap failing have been dismissed, it's still going strong, unlike my worn-out knees!
on 12 June 2014
My last watch was an analogue and now that I run for fun rather than against the stopwatch, I didn't think I'd need another digital watch.

However, having developed Macular Disease/Degeneration, I wanted a watch that was easier to read. The numerals on this one are nice and large and it doesn't scream "I'm a fitness fanatic" like others I viewed here on Amazon.

I'm sure it's good for running times etc too, but more importantly for me, it is fit for its intended purpose.

Big plus point for me - you can set it to day:month in the British format, rather than being restricted to the American month:day format.
on 18 June 2015
Unfortunately I wouldn't buy or recommend this product. I bought the watch last year (May 14) and used it on a number of events, however the strap cracked in three places and broke last month and the firm that supplied it on Amazon ("discount watch store") only provide a 30 day guarantee. The Timex 12 month guarantee does not cover the strap nor basically everything else apart from the internal movements. As an "Ironman" watch I would have expected better as the strap is intrinsic to the watch. My only option is to buy a replacement (non Timex) watch.