4.0 out of 5 stars Heart warming and life affirming
I came across this novel as a free read on the Kindle at the time. With no other customer reviews I wasn't sure about it but decided to give it a try. I'm glad I did. The story is a journey into hope through forgiveness with many lessons for me personally. Thank you for this story!
Published on 19 May 2011 by P. Cowell

3.0 out of 5 stars Love rediscovered
Published on 13 July 2011 by Avid reader

4.0 out of 5 stars Heart warming and life affirming, 19 May 2011
P. Cowell (Milton Keynes) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Undemanding but well written, 27 Feb 2012
Anne (Sheffield, Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Pastor's Wife (Kindle Edition)
Maura left Nick shortly after marriage when he became a pastor and the demands of the job got in the way of their life together. This story is about their reconcilliation which results in them coming to understand each other better and being able to forgive the events of the past.

Before reading this novel you have to understand that it has a Christian theme which means that although Maura questions God's role in her life she never questions the existence of God (and the questioning she does do doesn't go very deep). I didn't find this a difficult theme in the book, I did not feel that the author was preaching at me and I thought that the book was very much about the demands of the church and its people rather than the demands of God but if this is not an area that you want to read about or which you want examined in more depth (this is after all a romance story) then this is not the book for you.

The main improbability for me was the plot theme about a will, a condition of which required Maura and Nick to live together for six months. I am positive that these conditions in wills exist only in fiction (Nora Roberts is very fond of this plot and has used it at least twice that I know of). Once you have got over the unbelievability hurdle the rest of the book makes perfect sense.

I enjoyed the story more than I expected to and I felt that it was well enough written. The past difficulties are explained and overcome as the two main characters come to terms with the fact that they each had expectations of the other that were not realistic and that they should really have talked about rather than making assumptions. This is a romance story between a married couple and it has a totally expectable ending.

Enjoyable reading.

4.0 out of 5 stars Slow starter then came good, 3 Oct 2011
This review is from: The Pastor's Wife (Kindle Edition)
This was a freebie so I thought I'd give it a try. That said, it sat on my kindle for a while as I read other novels. Finally I thought it was time to read the book. Have to say, I found it a struggle at first. I didn't really feel any connection with the characters or care about them.

I'm not sure why, the way the characters were written or maybe just the scene setting part of the book, maybe.

However, I persevered and I'm very glad I did. Suddenly the story was compelling, I began to enjoy Maura's character and care about her past experiences and how she viewed her marriage. Nick was a bit up himself but I forgave him in the end, perhaps that was the way he was meant to come across, a bit of a tool.

I gave this 4 stars in the end because it did turn out to be a good read (I'd have given 3 1/2 if I could).

5.0 out of 5 stars The Pastor's Wife, 21 May 2011
This review is from: The Pastor's Wife (Kindle Edition)
While I'm not a fan of Christian literature, the spiritual aspect certainly had a core role within this book, whereas others I have come across have included lots of references without being intrinsic to the thread of the story. This was a really lovely love story not only in terms of two people's rediscovered love for each other but also their mutual love of god.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good!, 22 July 2011
This review is from: The Pastor's Wife (Kindle Edition)
Although this is Christian literature I did not find it too 'preachey'. Basically a story about overcoming prejudice and about forgiveness. Only initially downloaded it as it was free for the Kindle. Good story, found myself hooked at times. I would like to read more by this author.

3.0 out of 5 stars Love rediscovered, 13 July 2011
Avid reader "Janet" (North Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Pastor's Wife (Kindle Edition)
A Christian love story of a Minister and his wife. A couple marry and break up within months, but circumstances bring them back together six years later. Eventually they address the issues that drove them apart, and discover a better and deeper love. Despite the Christian storyline, of a Christian Minister and his wife (and the relationship with the congregation), it is a story of misunderstanding, of learning to consider one anothers feelings and needs, and "love conquering all" that could apply to any of us.

3.0 out of 5 stars We can all be tested..., 6 Jun 2011
This review is from: The Pastor's Wife (Kindle Edition)
This Christian novel shows how, no matter who you are, and what you do in life, there are areas where we all feel we are tested about normal day to day issues, which include forgiveness, compassion etc. The ending was somewhat predictable, but on the whole it was a pleasant, very easy read.

3.0 out of 5 stars Christian literature, 19 May 2011
This review is from: The Pastor's Wife (Kindle Edition)
This is Christian literature about forgiveness & overcoming prejudice , & while quite interesting was a bit too preachy for me but a light easy read for all that. It also shows that practice & theory are difficult as the main characters are all involved deeply with their Church & still find doing the right thing as difficult as anyone else.

1.0 out of 5 stars Slushy Christian romance, 30 Dec 2013
This review is from: The Pastor's Wife (Kindle Edition)
I think I should have known by the title that this was going to gush God.....it's a nice enough story but very predictable. I read it to the end because I hate to put a book down unfinished but if, like me, you're not religious it will probably drive you mad with biblical references and praise the Lord type stuff......

5.0 out of 5 stars Warm story of love and hope, 27 Dec 2012
This review is from: The Pastor's Wife (Kindle Edition)
I got this free on Kindle and enjoyed every minute reading it. You can easily fall in love with the characters and feel for them at every awkward moment. An easy-read.

The Pastor's Wife