5.0 out of 5 stars A cracking good read from a master storyteller
Reviewed by Robert Parkinson
John and Susan Carter find their dream home, a large turreted house in an idyllic part of London. It needs work, but John's company are at the cutting edge of computer technology and on the way up; Susan is an editor at a City publishing house. They decide to take a risk and invest all they have in the new house.
Then the abyss...
Published on 20 Oct 1998

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor -stick to the Roy Grace series
I 'assumed' as I liked Peter James' Roy Grace novels that I might enjoy other works. Wrong. This was poor- an unoriginal and irritating mish mash of The Omen and Rosemarys Baby.
Published on 29 Jun 2012 by Deborah

‹ Previous | 1 2 38 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Confusing and dull., 12 Jan 2011
This review is from: The Truth (Mass Market Paperback)
I found this a rather dull and confusing story; rather a disappointment compared to his other books. Nearly did not finish it; not one of his best !

5.0 out of 5 stars The Truth, 18 July 2009
This review is from: The Truth (Mass Market Paperback)
This my 1st Peter James book, I have got to admit I got it due to such positive reviews on Amazon. When I 1st started reading it, I really thought I had made a mistake as thought abit slow, I didn`t want to quit it though. Boy glad I didn`t, it got me hooked, I couldn`t put it down..it keep me on the edge of my seat, it was mind blowing & kept me desperate to know what happpened..(don`t want to give away anything) must say though Kundz is seriously weird. When I completed the book it left me creeped out, however upset it was finished. So a warning has to be given...this book is addictive & an excellent chilling read. If you love chilling, occult books you will love this. Looking forward to more addictive Peter James`s books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Compulsive read!, 18 Feb 2009
This review is from: The Truth (Mass Market Paperback)
When I realised the plot involved devil worshippers, I wondered how plausible it could be. But the tension builds up right from the beginning and what happens to the characters seems completely plausible. I read this book very quickly, with bated breath and couldn't put it down. Even if you don't believe in pure evil, this story shows that many people do, and the lengths they will go to further their aims. It makes you wonder about the source of evil doings around us, and how vulnerable we may be to them unknowingly . The writing is intelligent and informed too.

1.0 out of 5 stars not good, 13 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Truth (Kindle Edition)
I have read most of Peter James' books. This is the first one I didn't like. I struggled to keep reading it, as it wasn't very exciting. I thought it was a build up to something great, but if fizzled.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good holiday read, 9 April 2014
This review is from: The Truth (Mass Market Paperback)
This kept my attention although it was a bit creepy at times and not really believable. On my cruise another three people were reading it

3.0 out of 5 stars A new read, 8 April 2014
This review is from: The Truth (Kindle Edition)
I have previously only read the Roy Grace novels by Peter James and thought I would try something else he had written. As usual the story kept you moving and guessing but I did not enjoy the occult aspect of the plot and found the ending rather unacceptable.
I'll stick with the Brighton Police in future!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great as usual !, 7 April 2014
thea1710@aol.com (Tredegar, South Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Truth (Kindle Edition)
Another thought provoking, outstanding read from Peter James.
Comparable with the best fiction writers in Britain today.
This book takes you on an emotional ride where you begin to question the truth in your own existence .

2.0 out of 5 stars not captivating, 14 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Truth (Kindle Edition)
The central characters are not sufficiently developed - they don't grow enough to engender any real emotion from the reader - would be better as a film for TV script allowing the actors skills to develop an otherwise decent plot.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read but not his best..., 7 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Truth (Kindle Edition)
I love Peter's novels as his writing is always engrossing and the dramas unfurl beautifully. The Truth is captivating and kept me thinking and wondering right to the end... this is not Peter James best novel but well worth reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great page turning book!!, 4 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Truth (Kindle Edition)
Really enjoyable book. Nearly missed my bus stop several times when reading it! It's a real gripping thrilling story. A must read for any peter James fan!!

‹ Previous | 1 2 38 | Next ›