Size: Medium|Colour: Black|Change

on 22 October 2013
Excellent pair of leggings, excellent in cold but even in warm weather I dont over heat in them. I wear them for running out doors, weights in th gym, and for grappling. I'm 5'11", 83kg, and 33" waist, I puchased the medium which are a snug but good fit. Tall/people with big thighs should probably get large. Will definitely buy another pair soon.
on 13 January 2013
First of all the good points - they're warm and comfortable, and I was pleasantly surprised that they were long enough for someone who's 6.7". The reason for the one star? I put them on for the first time today and they tore next to the seam on the thigh. I'm aware they're meant to be tight, but they're not as tight as any of the various pairs of Skins I've worn over the years, and I've never torn them despite some pretty rough treatment and hundreds of washes. A shame, really, as I think the SUB tops are excellent, but I won't be buying the bottoms again despite the competitive price.
on 6 February 2014
I thought I'd give these a go rather than fork out double/treble the price for some Skins. Can definitely recommend them. Have kept me really warm on cold training runs and provide a nice compression fit without being too restrictive. I agree with some other posts that the leggings are far too long. I'm 6'3', bought a large and they would easily fit someone 6'5'. However, although the bottoms are a bit scrunched up, I personally don't find this a problem.

My only gripe is the constriction around my gentleman's area. Now, I'm not suggesting I am some latter-day Dirk Digler but for the first couple of training runs I experienced significant discomfort to my old chap leading to regular manual re-organisation. Much to the alarm and disgust of some respectable young ladies taking an evening stroll. However, I can report that after a couple of washes and some stretching of the fabric they are now a more supportive fit and I am no longer in fear that the next couple of months of marathon training are going to seriously impact on my ability to father children.
on 14 June 2011
I bought this tights about a month ago and have used it 4 times to play football/soccar.
It fits amazing. does not matter if you are short or tall, 70 or 80 kilos, these tights just sticks to you.
I have tried another tight but i was nothig near as good as this one.
It is about 20-25 degrees celcius in denmark now, and the thights does not make me hotter, it actually feels cooler.
I will be using it in the summer and winter. and when it gets old, i will buy the same again.
if you look at the picture and think "its never going to fit that good on me", well YES IT WILL!
hope this review helped, its my first.
on 20 December 2014
Sub Sports have come along way since i last tired thier stuff years ago.
These tights are very nice and provide excellent warmth.
Sizing:
The sizing is odd. I fit a Small in Skins and In these i needed a Youth XL. As these tights are long! Plus you can pull up the waist way past your belly button.
The waistband is soft and warm, the ankle cuffs are tight and require some effort to pull over your feet. To to fair their isn't much stretch in these compared to the premium brands.
They do have a compressive fit but are a little more restrictive compared to Skins and 2XU.
The design and cut are very simple yet comfortable. The male front panel is designed to support your man area. They are a little squashed but not overly. They do cup you well but also press them up against you. Not the worst and not the best.
Wearing these as underwear for many hours isn't too bad. Wearing these as outerwear, you need to be confident about your body as they are form fitting in all areas.

As for their thermal properties:
Ive ran in cold windy British weather wearing just these, a Skins S400 top, gloves and a simple tech tshirt. I couldn't feel the cold or wind on my legs. Top marks for thermal properties.

In conclusion:
Considering the price these are pretty good tights. Beware of the long leg length and those of you with massive quads or calves may need to try a few sizes to get the right fit. Good thern
on 25 April 2016
I bought these as a base layer for skiing. I bought in red (very red) and I think they looked great, even if my entire family had a jolly good laugh when we got back to the hotel! They took a good beating on the slope with no signs of wear, even after the exhaustive on/off routine each day.
These are meant to be tight, for the whole compression thing, and I think it probably did help with leg exhaustion. They are so tight, however, that they are difficult to get over the ankle, although after several days it does seem to have got easier. I'm over 6' and 33" waist, the medium size was a perfect fit for me. They are lined with a thermal layer and on the slopes my legs felt perfectly warm, but not hot, even on colder days i was well insulated.
on 7 September 2015
Very comfortable and warm. I used these when I went to the north of Norway, as a base layer. It was perfect for activities, as well as just walking around. It was very warm to wear indoors, but once outside (minus 15 ish) it was very comfortable. Didn't feel cold at all.
on 9 December 2014
With regards to fit I followed the size chart and went with small and they fit like a glove, like they were tailored! I'm 5' 9" - 30" waist, 10.5 stone and lean as a wolf. I'm so glad I didn't size up. The overall construction quality seems very good for the money, good stitching, good fabric and the fleece lining is very soft, softer than Polartec found in Rab and other quality outdoor garb.
The colours seem quite accurate to the photography, maybe a touch darker.

As for the performance, I have yet to test them but should be on Dartmoor this weekend so I'll come back with an update.
on 9 May 2016
My son is 9stone 7 pounds and 5foot 10inches - that is extremely skinny! In order to get these on the first time, he actually broke some of the stitching so I couldn't send them back. To say they are skin tight is not exaggerating. Also too warm to wear with a thermal top as well.
on 21 October 2015
I often feeling muscular fatigue in my legs when I go out for long distance runs. I normally run with running tights which feel comfortable while running, but do not feel warmth when the weather is cold.

The Sub Sports Cold Compression pants did exactly what it says it does. My legs felt less tired and muscles felt more support with the warmth generated from the material of the pants.

The fit was excellent. I would personally recommend buying your size as it reads on the sizing charts. I read some reviews that say you should buy a size up because of the tight fit. But these compression pants as well as the top, are meant to have that skin tight fit so it helps with blood circulation and lock in moisture to your skin.

I have no complaints and look forward to enjoying more winter runs!