Format: Audio CDChange

on 13 February 2015
Wow what a CD .
Great sounds , brings back so so many memories .
Fantastic price, great value.
If you like the Phil Spector sound , this is certainly for you
on 14 March 2013
I had been trying to get a Ronnettes CD for some time (takes me back to my youth) and was very pleased with this one - only pity was it did not include Frosty the Snowman.
on 31 March 2013
I am so delighted with the purchase of The Ronettes a great sound, I used to wear my hair like them! so listening to them transforms me back to those times, bliss!
on 24 June 2013
it was a present for a friend who was delighted with the product, the delivery service was good and all the advised delivery dates were met. Thank you
on 22 March 2013
This is iconic 60's music is easy listening. Be My Baby is just superb and worth the listing in any 60's fans music collection,
on 13 March 2013
The best girl group ever,Ronnie Spector is great.Its a pity they did not have more success.Blame Phil Spector for that.
on 29 June 2013
Highly recommended. Bought this as a gift that was requested but having listened to it, I think it's great. Love it.
on 21 June 2013
A lot more than I expected--Didn't realise they had done so much Gr8 stuff
Anyone into the 60's would love this
TOP 50 REVIEWERon 18 October 2011
I'd heard the 'Shirelles' and the 'Crystals' then wham! Ready Steady Go 1964, The Ronettes singing 'Be My Baby' on a settee. Hormones in overdrive. This 18 track expertly remastered album (Vic Anesini) is most welcome and provides a 'clean' separation of the elements produced by Phil Spector but not forgetting arrangements by Jack Nitzsche. The group were started in New York in 1957 with the line-up of Veronica Bennett, older sister Estelle and cousins Nedra, Diane and Elaine. The latter two dropped out when the remaining three signed for Philles Records in 1963. The hits have been presented over the years most notably on the LP 'Presenting The Fabulous Ronettes'. Phil Spector seemed obsessed with Veronica (Ronnie) whom he later married but fortunately the bulk of their hit recording career was kept as a trio on the insistance of Ronnie and Estelles' mother. The numbers are fabulous. Typical Spector sound but undisputably 'The Ronettes'. 'Baby I Love You', the wonderful teenage songs 'The Best Part Of Breakin'Up', 'Do I Love You?','When I Saw You', 'I Wonder', 'Walking In The Rain', 'So Young' are all classics.Surprisingly only 'Be My Baby' and 'Baby I Love You' made the UK top twenty.
Whatever the quirks and idiosynchracies of Spector, he remains a genius. Difficult and sensitive to criticism it seems, he produced a musical sound that changed and influenced record production. The tracks I have not mentioned on this album are all excellent, although less broadcast. 12 of these Ronette numbers are on the Phil Spector CD boxed set 'Back To Mono'. Belt these out at full volume and compare them to the remastered versions. I have played them to family and friends and the improvement of the remastered set is immediate. A few older ears preferred the mono takes. This album is a marvellous collection of The Ronettes' achievements and talent and is highly recommended. Enclosed booklet informative.
33 comments5 of 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 October 2015
This is a great CD it takes me back in time and I enjoy playing it in my car.