on 18 September 2012
I bought these to create a curlwave. They slip out of the hair, only heat to luke warm temperature,cool enough to touch with hands. The rollers are also actually small.
on 4 March 2016
Great rollers, have quite thick hair so only downfall is have some hair left over once all rollers are in
on 4 January 2012
These Jumbo Rollers are great and easy to use, but I think they work best if you have natural curly\wavy hair and rather long too. I bought them almost a year ago and I've been using them almost every day since then and they still look new.
Their section is too wide to be able to give straight hair definite curls, but if, as I've already said, you have curl and waves of your own, these rollers will provide extra volume and frizz-free shine that last all day ( at least on me).
I usually wear the bigger ones (purple) on the top of my head and the smaller ones (gray) on both sides and on the middle of the back of my head, leaving the strands at the nape free ( some might complain that 12 rollers are not enough to cover the whole head, but, I have to repeat myself, if your hair is already curly or wavy you can leave the lower strands and the locks behind your ears roller-less, as the strands treated with the rollers will cover and blend with the other ones perfectly). The result will be a very glossy and volumized hair, some kind of sixties look ( like B.B. or Sophia Loren style) and even if you decide to tie your hair (ponytail or bun) the look will be more chic and glamorous as the added volume gives a more tidy and professional result to home made hair doing.
on 28 December 2013
After a frutrating wait for delivery (had to order 3 times via collect+) I am very pleased with the rollers. They are easy to use and leave me with soft, shiny big curls. Ignore what some have sad about weight, the rollers are light and easy to handle - the soft surface feels kinder to hair than hard ceramic. Highly recommended.
VINE VOICEon 27 January 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
These Jumbo Curls Hair Rollers do not quite do what they say on the box.
The good points are that they are neatly packaged and easy to put into the hair. The smooth velvet surface makes keeps the hair unfrizzed as you roll them into your hair and the claw style clips slip on easily. They also have to option of being pinned in with the curling pins provided.
They are not too hot to touch to put in, or uncomfortable on the head.
As there are 8 rollers anyone with longer than shoulder length hair may find that there aren't enough to do a whole head.
The real problem is that when you take them out there is a definite lack of any curl, jumbo or other wise!
My hair had great volume but no curls.
So if you really do want big bouncy curls you may need to buy a different set of rollers.
11 comment|88 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 June 2011
Had high hopes for these, especially given the mostly good reviews. While they didn't give any real curl, they did give a fair bit of volume to my shoulder-length hair. For about three minutes! Then my hair just flopped flat, with even less volume than normal blow-drying. It looked awful. My hair is very fine so it wasn't the weight of my hair pulling it down, I think the problem is they just don't get hot enough to really do anything. I am really disappointed, especially as they were not cheap, but Amazon have been great as usual. Is it so hard to find heated rollers that actually work and give real curls? Apparantly so, but the search continues..!
on 31 July 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
My wife used these and was not overly impressed. They seem to heat up quite quickly but when left on my hair for the recommended time they did not seem to make much difference to it. Next time I left rollers in for a little while longer with much the same results; perhaps they would work better on someone with much finer hair that was easier to manipulate, or if there were more rollers in the set so that not as much hair needs to be placed around each roller.
If you have thick hair I wouldn't really bother.
VINE VOICEon 16 February 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I'm always on the look out for new products to curl my very straight hair and I have used similar products to the Remington H0747 Jumbo Curls Hair Rollers in the past but they didn't have the Ceramic Ionic conditioning that these do so I was interested to see how they'd compare.

I don't hate them but I didn't love them either. With 12 rollers, there's just not enough to do a full head of hair - I'd say they curl just over half my hair which meant having to heat up the rollers again to finish the rest or use another curling product as there is a noticeable difference in length from the curled/straight hair. They did leave my hair frizz free though and there were some lovely curls but the results just didn't last. They did give my hair good volume though which lasted a bit longer.

The rollers are very easy to use and both the pins and clips keep the rollers in place. It's very time consuming waiting for them to heat up then waiting for them to cool while in your hair. Just not really worth it for the overall style they give me so I'd rather stick to the BaByliss 2289U Glamour Waves Curling Tong or straighteners.
VINE VOICEon 13 August 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Myself and my wife (yes it took two of us) really struggled with these rollers. In fairness and balance, my wife had never used rollers before, and of course I had no experience, but for me, a large part of a products appeal is the ease of use.

The set seemed neat and comprehensive when we opened it, a smart roller heating base unit which needs to be plugged in, with 8 smaller rollers and 4 large rollers and a variety of wide plastic clips and slim metal clips.

Plugging the rollers in for the first time, they seemed to get hot in around 10-15mins. The unit emitted a slightly chemical, burning smell, which I attributed to it being new, it wasn't overpowering, but caused my wife some concern, if she had been alone, she would have turned it off, not sure if something was wrong. It seems nothing was wrong.

In trying to apply the rollers, my wife had trouble getting a good wrap of hair around the roller and pinning it in place without the roller dropping 3 inches when she released it, meaning the hair was more being curled at the ends rather than along the length; and she has reasonably long hair. No doubt extended practice would have improved the results.

I then had a go with the rollers (in my wife's hair, not mine) and found them too hot to handle!

Eventually we got a few rollers in place and left them to cool down. The tension was building as the minutes ticked by, how curly would the hair be?... would this be a new era of hair styling?... had my wife missed out on years of lovely curls being unaware of the benefits of roller usage?... Eventually we removed the rollers and, tada! Amazing... the hair was possibly straighter than before we started!

She won't be using rollers again.
on 3 April 2011
Remington HO747 Jumbo Curls Hair Rollers

Sorry but this product does not deliver what it says on the box. The rollers do not grip tightly enough to be effective - they need bristles or 'teeth' to grip the hair in order to do this. The rollers are not hot enough - no matter how long you heat them - as a high temperature is a 'must' to set the hair firmly. This product is a waste of time and money and gets an absolute 'thumbs down' from me.