4.0 out of 5 stars Better than most competitors' equivalents
I bought these bottles to replace my Philips Avent ones as I was fed up with the Avent ones leaking. I also previously used Boots Essentials bottles except the measurements didn't seem to quite match up (the ml didn't match with the fl oz for either UK or US fl oz, so I didn't actually know whether it was the ml that were out or the fl oz)!

These bottles are...
Published on 2 Oct. 2009 by foreverlys

I hesitate at 4 stars for this product but 3 stars seems a bit mean - so I shall say I give them 3 and a half stars!
I don't hate these bottles, they are not terrible but there are a few niggles I have with them which makes using them less than wonderful.
Published on 27 Feb. 2011 by J. Pledger

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than most competitors' equivalents, 2 Oct. 2009

These bottles are very comfortable to hold, and the teats seem to result in my baby having much less wind when compared with the Avent and Boots teats.

The tops fix easily and securely and as a result there are no leaks whatsoever, and the caps also fit nice and securely and I like their shape which makes them a bit easier to remove, especially if you're trying to do so one-handed!

The measurements on the bottles can be hard to see, although if the bottles are being prepared in good light this hasn't proven to be a problem and you quickly become aware of the measurements enabling you to do most of it by eye as it were and just double-check on the scale anyway. Having had the aforementioned problem with inaccurate scales, I'd rather have an accurate scale which handily emphasises typical-sized feeds than worry about whether or not the proportion of formula matches with the amount of water in the bottle.

They also work brilliantly with the Closer to Nature Mllk Powder Dispensers x6.

I just wish I hadn't spent out on other bottles first, and had gone straight for these ones!

3.0 out of 5 stars overall not bad but probably would try different make next baby, 27 Feb. 2011
J. Pledger (UK) - See all my reviews
I decided to purchase them as I liked the appearance! Plus I had read quite good reviews when I was pregnant, since owning them I have read nothing but bad! Thought Tommee Tippee brand was on par with Phillips Avent but it seems Avent are more superior?
I am combination feeding, so they are not heavily used, if I was only formula feeding I would perhaps be more critical.

I'll start with the bad points I have with them;

1) when shaking up formula they leak - especially when release the lid to let the air out and tighten it again - sprays milk all over the place when give it a second shake. This doesn't happen all the time, I can't work out why sometimes they leak more than other times

2) The teats fold in on themselves when my baby feeds, so I have to keep removing the bottle from my baby's mouth, let the teat pop back out then carry on.

3) Milk sits in the neck of the bottle when feeding so I find it difficult to make sure my baby gets all of the milk without tipping her head right back

4) Out of the several bottles I have they don't all seem to be the same shape. You can't tell by looking at them, but the lids don't fit well on some, plus I have a plastic stand that came with the electric breast pump which keeps the bottles upright when attatched to the pump...some of the bottles fit and some don't! There is quite a difference.

Now for the things I like about them;

1) they have enabled me to combination feed successfully. I was very close to giving up breastfeeding when my daughter was 2-3 weeks old, but by introducing the odd bottle I have carried on breastfeeding. She is now almost 4 months old. I think this is due to the shape of the teat - have not had a problem with nipple confusion.

2) the markings are clearly written on the sides. Some old comments say the bottles have clear markings but these are now bolder

Ok so only two things I can think of that I like, but the fact I am able to switch between bottle and breast for me is brilliant, and has meant I can continue breastfeeding for longer than I thought I would.

Overall I have mixed feelings about them, I would be tempted to try a different brand next baby, this is partly because other Tommee Tippee products I have are not the quality I had hoped.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 21 Dec. 2009
Mrs. Cl Bunton "Claire" (Norfolk UK) - See all my reviews
I also bought these to replace the terrible Phillips Avent bottles. They are 1000 times better, no wet bibs and much less wind ! They are also great for my 3 month old who is now transferring from breast to bottle ready for my return to work, he has accepted these much more than a standard teet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bottles, 12 Sept. 2011
This review is from: Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature 260 ml/9fl oz Feeding Bottles (6-pack) (Baby Product)
Cheap price. Quick delivery. Only thing i would like to see is for the pack to come with optional size teats. These come as standard with Size 1. We were looking for size 3, so we had to buy these separate.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's with slow flow teats only, 19 Mar. 2014
I needed these bottles for my 6month old baby - had to by additional fast flow teats. all of these bottles are slow flow.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic bottles, I wish I had bought them from the beginning., 2 Mar. 2012
I have purchased the first set of these bottles after things didn't work out with the NUK First choice bottles, my baby was drinking on them for hours without getting much milk out, but I had purchased them reading reviews on Amazon and because they supported breastfeeding.

So I decided to give these a go and i wasn't disappointed at all. They're great because your baby has to keep his mouth wide open, like he would when breastfeeding and I found that with these I managed to get him back to breastfeeding a bit.
With the NUK bottles the mouth doesn't have to be as wide open and they have ruined my chances of breastfeeding, my baby wouldn't latch on properly after using them and I had to start expressing every day. After using these sometimes I can get him back to breastfeeding, although now he definitely prefers the bottle, in the future, if I had another baby and I needed to give him a bottle once in a while, I would definetely use these bottles from the beginning.

The milk flows nicely but not too fast. I cannot say about colic as my baby never suffered with them, so sorry I can't give you an opinion on that.

I have just purchased my second set of them and waiting on them to come, they're definitely a good value for money!

Another PRO of these bottles is the fact that you can warm up the milk directly in the microwave, which isn't possible with every brand of bottles.

I really cannot find any CON and I have been using these for 3 months now!

5.0 out of 5 stars Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature 260ml Feeding Bottles (6 Pack), 27 Aug. 2013
S. Wilson (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Just bought these in preparation for our second little one that is due later this year as currently on offer for less than half the RRP and we used Tommee Tippee bottles with our first born and couldn't be happier, so sticking with what we know so to speak. Still have the bottles from our first born although looking quite tatty now with some of the ml/oz markings rubbed off and as we would have had to buy new slow flow teats it actually transpired to be cheaper to just buy the new bottles with the teats included. Will only use the slow flow teats again for probably the first couple of months and then just switch to the vari-flow teats as these are so much better as they adapt to your baby and how much they want to drink rather than having to swap through slow, medium and fast flow teats. Love the Tommee Tippee bottles as they really do mimic the breast with the teat shape and so much easier for switching between feeding methods. Would highly recommend the bottles and the brand in general.

Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Variflow Flow Teats (2-pack)
Tommee Tippee Closer To Nature Slow Flow Easivent Teats x 2
Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Medium Flow Teats (2-pack)
Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Fast Flow Teats (2-pack)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent bottle and value for money, 19 Jan. 2014
I got these for my little girl when she started having the occasional bottle, aged around 10 months. Prior to that, she would not take any bottle but the shape of these teats seemed to suit her and with very little fuss she started drinking from a bottle! I especially liked that she enjoyed these bottles but it had no apparent affect on her latch so she could continue breast feeding with no impact.

The bottles are very easy to clean due to the wide neck and shape. We get the tommee tippee bottle brush which cleans them ideally. They also go in the dishwasher, although we do not wash the teats in the dishwasher as we found they easily became coloured with whatever else was put in with them. If you are able to run your dishwasher just for your baby's things then this won't be an issue for you! We found it just as easy to wash them by hand with soapy water, then rinse and place in the tommee tippee microwave steriliser for sterilising.

An excellent purchase. The shape of the bottle also means that our little girl could hold them herself from when she started using them, which helped her with her developing sense of independence.

1.0 out of 5 stars TT versus Dr Brown, 3 Jun. 2014
I tried TT for my newborn for upto 5 weeks after which I rightly moved to Dr Browns bottles. TT gave my baby very bad wind, slow teat was too slow and medium teat was too fast and she was such a unsettled baby vomiting milk out during feeds and gulping a lot of air.

Since moving to Dr Browns she is much more peaceful whilst drinking milk. She still gets some wind but does not have the same extent of issues as on TT.

People comment on Dr Browns bottles are a pain to clean but personally find TT bottles much harder to clean as it has smaller parts to wash compared to Dr a Browns. My Friends in the US adviced me to buy Dr Browns right from the start and I wish I listened to them. Even feeling the two bottles- TT feels a lot cheaper compared to Dr Brown. For new mums out there- don't buy too many bottles as I did at the start- buy just about 3 or 4 and by 6 weeks you will know if it is working of no. Think of getting Dr Browns as most babies tend to get wind etc. Also teat quality is much better, flow is more consistent and you don't see many bubbles in Dr Browns as you see in TT. Hope this helps.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bottles for a baby on a mixed breast/bottle diet, 2 Jan. 2013
Background: Baby is 5 weeks old, being fed mostly breast but one or two bottles of expressed milk or formula each day.

We've been using Avent bottles, which I think are a lot better constructed than these Tommee Tippee ones. The Avent ones are easier to put together, a lot sturdier construction and a less ridiculous shape (seriously, we can fit only three of these in the gigantic microwave steriliser because they're so absurdly shaped, and they're no more comfy to handle than a normal bottle!)

However... Despite the Avent bottles being better for parents, our baby does feed much better from these bottles. With the Avent ones, the first five minutes of feeding time is taken up by the baby struggling. With these bottles, baby latches on immediately and enjoys the feed.

So.. Five stars purely because baby loves them!