5.0 out of 5 stars Solid Research, Fresh Perspective on Preventive Healthcare
I am now 28, and have suffered for years with tooth decay. Many cavities drilled and filled. I never learned about preventive health care, especially for my teeth. Two things have recently improved my life.
First, After changing my diet about two years ago to a more traditional, nutrient dense diet (Weston A. Price Foundation), I have felt great improvements in the...
Published on 19 Dec 2010 by James Busch

3.0 out of 5 stars few can follow this advice
Published on 4 April 2012 by D&D

5.0 out of 5 stars Tooth Decay, 26 Nov 2008
Until I read "Cure tooth decay with nutrition" I thought tooth decay
was caused by the lack of cleanliness however this book challenges
the popular belief that tells us that a build up of bacteria and not
enough dental hygiene is the cause for tooth decay.

We've followed Rami's protocol and my husband has managed to save his tooth by not having a root canal. I highly recommend this book for anyone who interested in good health and wants to avoid having fillings on their teeth.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great book, so glad I ordered it, 14 Aug 2014
What a great book, so glad I ordered it.
Yes some things are difficult to obtain here in the UK, for example raw milk, but it's possible to order direct from farms if you can afford to do so.
You can order the butter oil/fermented cod liver oil blend easily through amazon, which I myself have done, such an easy thing to take each day.
I'm hoping my bones with benefit as well as my teeth with the advice from this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars very informative book, 15 April 2014
This review is from: Cure Tooth Decay: Heal And Prevent Cavities With Nutrition - Limit And Avoid Dental Surgery and Fluoride [Second Edition] 5 Stars (Kindle Edition)
Well worth a read. Very useful resource, written in a style that is easy to read and obviously written by a man who cares about the subject and his readers. If you care about your health and that of your family (whether dental health or general health) and strive to eat a diet that nourishes your body then add this to your reading list. Thank you Ramiel, your book has been incredibly interesting and very insightful.

3.0 out of 5 stars few can follow this advice, 12 Nov 2009
D&D - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
I believe the advice in this worthy and sincere book does work, but would you be willing (or able, come to that) to comply with these requirements daily, in order to cure and prevent tooth decay: fermented cod liver oil, high vitamin butter oil, raw grassland milk, bone broth soup made from slow cooking the bones and organs of fish, bone marrow from grassfed animals, and fermented foods such as sauerkraut, yogurt or kefir plus lots of vegetables. Then, several times weekly you must eat: rare or stewed (but preferably raw) wild-caught and/or grassfed red meat or poultry and raw fresh oysters.

There is a variation for vegetarians but this comes with the caveat that it takes longer. However, everyone must completely avoid: all sugar in any form except some fruit and a little untreated honey, alcohol, cigarettes, drugs (including prescription and over-the-counter), anything non-organic, all flour and grain products (even organic, unless freshly ground), all oils and fats except the following organic oils: coconut, palm, and olive plus butter, lard and tallow.

The information, especially showing that conventional dental "wisdom" is rubbish, is worth 5 stars, but I've docked 2 stars for the apparent utter impracticality of the suggestions. If you have a job, how would you find time to source the full "menu"? If you don't, how can you afford to? Anyway, where would you be able to find all the essential foods (even health food stores don't stock half this stuff).

However, if you are still keen, I'd like to recommend either "Eat Fat, Lose Fat" or the previous "Nourishing Traditions" by Sally Fallon (founder of the Weston Price Foundation, on which this book seems to be based), a great help towards this type of eating (I don't want to say "diet" because of the negative connotations - really this book and Fallon's are about a different, and far healthier, lifestyle). "Vitamin K2 and the Calcium Paradox" is also well worth looking at.

Later note: my dental issues (especially gum problems) improved when adrenal and thyroid issues were finally diagnosed and treated. Within two months after I started thyroid supplements (not that awful synthetic T4), my regular hygienist commented that my gums were noticeably better. 4 months after that (my gums have been so bad I see the hygienist 3 times a year), she confirmed they were continuing to improve. I had made no changes in my life and habits except for the thyroid and adrenal support. [see stopthethyroidmadness website and book if you suspect thyroid problems and especially if you have been told your test was "OK".

It's also worth knowing about "The Calcium Lie II" an intriguing book plausibly claiming to explain the root cause of most illnesses and which shows how taking calcium with vitamin D is actually dangerous and that the increased cancer and medical problems related to "vitamin" D hormone deficiency are more likely related to D hormone suppression from intracellular calcium excess thus leading to adrenal suppression with a resulting increase in illnesses.

5.0 out of 5 stars You will NEVER find this book in your dentists' waiting room !!, 2 July 2012
Ask your local dentist about the connection between nutrition and your teeth.
We did with ours in Scotland and he steered us off the subject.
We tried again with a dental surgeon in Budapest. Same result.

The truth is - buy this book, follow its advice and you will never need to visit a dentist again in the normal course of your daily life.

Teeth are living organisms, constantly repairing themselves from the inside out.
Feed them the resouces they need to do their job and you can say goodbye to gum decay, bad teeth and dentists.

Wonderfully clearly written in everyday language, this book is an excellent guide to the layman.

It is based very much on the work of the genius dentist Dr Weston A Price, who is almost totally unknown, but whose work was groundbreaking and anti-establishment, recently deservedly resurrected.

Nutrition and Physical Degeneration: A Comparison of Primitive and Modern Diets and Their Effects

Read this book if you value your teeth and you will understand more about them than you thought possible.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cure tooth decay, 14 Feb 2014
Brian Redwood (Kirriemuir, Angus United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
A very interesting way to treat the subject with multiple examples and quite specific advice. Fermented cod liver oil recommended which I am currently trying. To early to tell to say that it is definitely working but looks encouraging.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is what I needed!, 23 Jun 2014
What triggered off my researches on Ramiel Nagel's work was the fact that what he says MAKES PERFECT SENSE. Unlike what they say to us, we CAN take control of our teeth, and with something as straightforward as our diet, I may not always be able to perhaps follow all his recommendations for food to the letter (how I wish I could!), yet it gives you guidelines and opens your eyes to the reality of dental health.

Extremely eye-opening and self-belief boosting. Recommended to all my family and friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read, 18 Mar 2014
Very interesting book, well researched and very informative. I would highly recommend it to anyone wanting to improve their health, especially mineral levels.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent information and advice, 2 Feb 2010
K. Norstedt - See all my reviews
I have followed the advice in this book and my tooth decay has greatly improved in just 1 month.

5.0 out of 5 stars I wonder..., 24 Jun 2013
Well it all started when i suddenly got a toothache, i couldn't even bite on my poor tooth. It has a large filling in it, and i was scared it got loose or what, but i really didn't want to go to the dentist and get it drilled again. So i started looking around if i could fix it some other way (bare in mind i still made an appointment just in case in gets bad two weeks from the first pain symptoms). I came across this book. As a scientist, i was skeptical. They do say that teeth cannot repair themselves. But i thought there is no harm in trying out anyway. So I've been on the diet (slightly modified) for 9 days, and to my surprise - the toothache is pretty much non- existent. I can bite on my tooth and it's not sensitive anymore. So here is what i did: i stopped eating grains completely. I started taking cod liver oil capsules, vitamins, vitamin C, i ate only grass fed meat and organic butter and milk/cheese/yoghurt and also i bought Biorepair toothpaste without fluoride, which is amazing. I honestly don't know if its a coincidence or what, but the fact is my tooth isn't hurting anymore and that's what i was after. But I'm still going to the dentist in a couple of days just to make sure the tooth is actually fine.

UPDATE: ok it is a long awaited update. I did go to the dentist, and they did an x-ray on that tooth that hurt and they couldn't see anything wrong with it, which was good news. But as everyone go about their life, I kinda started eating whatever i wanted again. In the end that tooth started hurting again, and it was just the filling coming loose and i couldn't go to the dentist for a few months, so i had to restart that diet just to keep the pain away. It worked, maybe because there was no sugar to irritate it or something. In the end the dentist replaced my filling and the tooth doesn't hurt anymore. Saying that, I've got to say I've been reading a LOT about teeth during this time, and as much as i wanted to believe this whole teeth-healing themselves... no.. they don't. the only thing you can do RIGHT NOW, is to make sure they don't get worse than it is right now, because you can do that by eating healthier, brushing your teeth regularly and flossing! But unfortunately teeth aren't going to re-grow out of nowhere. And if you have sensitive teeth (i do), just use special toothpastes that help sensitivity. The only thing I can say is that sugary, as well as refined carbs, attract a lot of bacteria into your mouth, this is what ruins your teeth. Need to either brush twice a day, floss and use mouthwashes to get that stuff out (did you know that bread and potatoes stick your teeth like glue and there the bacteria breeds like nothing else, creating tooth decay), or fix your diet and have nothing sweet or refines carbs in there (still need to brush your teeth though haha)