on 30 December 2011
Most comments are based on the size of the keyboard. So, I'm not going into detail, I'd only say that the size is perfect for environments where there's not enough space or even to use the keyboard on your lap regardless the space.

After using this keyboard as my "main keyboard" I'm gonna comment about my personal experience.

Usage (the good):

+ really good reception. I've used the keyboard from unusual distances just to press "next" when I'm away from the screen and it has done the job very well despite the walls and doors in between. Mind you, not to extreme distances, maybe around 10 mts.

+ the wireless USB receiver is small enough to leave it plugged at all times.

+ the keys have a normal size and not small as some other keyboards

Usage (the bad):

- As some other people said before there are no indicators that the keyboard has "caps lock" on, or even that the keyboard itself is "on".

- There are important keys missing (No home, no end, no pg dwn, no pw up...)

- it is almost impossible to type fast. The keys must be pressed exactly "in the middle" for them to work. Pressing the corner of a key will result in a missing character when you type. This is particularly a problem when you use the "space bar" because, although it is a bit more responsive than the other keys, it is still not responsive enough for me.

(Personal experience: I've noticed that after 2 weeks using the keyboard either I got used to the lack of responsiveness of the space bar or it became more responsive. However, the other keys are still not very responsive unless they're properly pressed)

Usage (workarounds):

* If you are using the keyboard as a secondary keyboard you can use the LEDs in your main keyboard as guidance to know whether your keyboard is on or the "caps lock" is on. If this is your main keyboard you're gonna have a hard time trying to know this only by looking at the keyboard. Additionally, if you switch off the keyboard you can check this by pressing,for instance, "caps lock" and see whether the main keyboard reacts.

* I use a lot "home" and "end" to go to the beginning or end of a line. With this keyboard you can use Ctrl+left arrow or Ctrl+right arrow. It doesn't exactly does the same but kind of simulates this functionality. PgDwn or PgUp remains a mystery to me though.

* It is possible to switch off the keyboard by pressing "fn"+ F11, as some other reviewer said, other than that I couldn't find any other functionality of the key "Fn". I think they should have replaced "Fn" by "Power" or "On/off". Switching off the keyboard will save battery but I usually remove the battery after usage. If you leave the keyboard switched on (not pressing Fn+F11 or not removing the battery) the next day you might not have enough battery.

Usage (opinion):

I think the lack of important keys and the responsiveness of most of the keys are a fail in this product. I really want to use the keyboard because it has a comfortable size, but sometimes it is really uncomfortable to have to press almost "the centre of the keys" to see them working properly.

The layout is a bit nonsense because a lot of space has been invested in certain unimportant keys and some other keys seem to have a single functionality and must be pressed in combination with another key (the case of the infamous key "Fn").

After using this product I feel that I'm using a "beta version" of the keyboard, an unfinished product that can be excellent in the future but needs some improvements at the moment. I would compare they keys like playing the piano after being playing only keyboards (the keys must be pressed harder).

By the time of writing this review I haven't seen any other keyboard similar to this (wireless and compact size) for the price, or even at all, if someone knows a similar product, please, let me know.

If you can wait until someone release a similar product (even paying more) I would do it but if you want to have a sleek looking keyboard for occasional typing I think you can give it a go to this one.

Hope this helps!

UPDATE (03/02/2012) VIDEO: After two months of everyday use I decided to record a short video to show one of the reasons I think the keys are not very comfortable.

Mind you, this video shows my opinion about how some of the keys must be pressed properly for them to work. Most keys (in other keyboards) respond softly even when pressed in the corner, well, this keyboard doesn't work exactly in that way.

I also realised that if I switch off the keyboard (Fn+F11) the batteries can last as much as they do with other more expensive keyboards (that have some sort of "auto-switch off"). Once again, hope it helps
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 23 January 2011
This is my third compact keyboard - for use with my laptop when at my desk. I have limited space so a full size keyboard just gets in the way. My keyboard gets quite a lot of use so I need something that is OK to type on. I previously tried the sub £10 items that use a USB cable to connect, these had the hassle of a cable connection and were also inferior to type on - needing hard presses to work. In contrast the Xenta Super Compact is a pleasure to use needing only a light touch. Well-worth the little extra, the wireless USB dongle is also small enough to leave permanantly in my laptop.

Having wasted money on the sub-ten pound keyboards in the past I'm glad I spent a little more on this item to get something that actually works well. Fantastic to use and doesn't hog my whole desk like a full-size keyboard does.
on 18 April 2011
Since seeing the Apple compact keyboard I've been looking for something similar to use with my windows laptop. I have to say for the price this is a great buy, and is exactly what I've been looking for. A simple no frills quality compact keyboard. I did consider the Microsoft Arc keyboard but this is double the price and the F keys are not the standard arrangement. The Xenta keyboard has a pretty standard key layout, along with a pleasant key press and well made feel.

The only down side is its not Bluetooth. This is more a functionally suggestion than a problem with the keyboard

If you never use the number pad that most keyboards come with and want to save desk space, allowing the keyboard and mouse (or in my case Wacom tablet) to be closer to one another giving a more comfortable working position I'd strongly recommend this keyboard.
on 19 August 2011
For anyone who has ever seen the Apple compact wireless keyboard and is looking for something similar but distinctly un-Apple, this will fit the bill for most people.

There are a couple of issue though that are worth considering, most of which have been mentioned in other reviews, but here are the ones that bother me the most after spending about 2 weeks with it.
1) No indicators - this thing has no lights what so ever, and to be quite frank only really needs 2: a caps lock light and a power light.
2) No Page Up, Page Down, Home and End keys - if you work in a lot of large documents, then chances are you need these keys which the keyboard doesn't have.
3) No batteries in the box - it says this in the descriptions, but worth underlying that there aren't the needed two AAA batteries in the box.
4) A 'Fn' key which doesn't do anything - for all the missing keys, there is a key labelled 'Fn' which doesn't do anything. A 'Fn' key on a laptop is often a modifier for a second function on some keys but not here, and neither are there any drivers.

I still love it, not sure if I will always love it, but there is something fantastic about having something so compact on my desk making my work area that much more tidy and making my monitor look even bigger.
on 11 April 2013
The keys are sticking out too much which causes some difficulty when using the large keys like Enter, BackSpace, or Left Shift.
If the keys are not pressed in the middle they get stuck.
The keyboard does not have altgr key which is an inconvenient to type some characters.
For the rest, the keyboard does the work, and the size is perfect. But I will definitely buy another one since I type fast and for long time, and the keys getting stuck and the missing altgr key is a big inconvenient for me .
on 19 October 2012
If you like to walk while you type this keyboard is for you. The keys feel really nice, the spacebar sounds sweet and you can walk half a mile(ish) before you're out of range, excellent piece of kit. Same size as a VAIO keypad which I love for gaming. For multi monitors or split room usage this is perfect, I have my Tv linked to my pc over 10m away for movies and such; this keyboard is perfect for me.

*edit.

Now I've been using this for a while, and the novelty of my first wireless keyboard has worn off; the keys are sticky (especially the space bar) if you're an aggressive typer its no issue but if feels pretty ugly. You have to remember when you turn on capslock etc. I think it's the keys just being to pronounced thats the issue.

I would pick something else if I was you. (sorry for the sexual undertone, it was not intentional)
on 23 September 2011
Edit: On second use, the batteries are gone. So much for conserving them by having a device sleep. Save yourself some hassle and get a better one.
If it worked like a usual device would give 3 stars.

I wasn't expecting a great quality keyboard for the price, and it does feel a little cheap. The keys have an okay feel to them, but having experience with other mini keyboards, the quality of the pressing is noticeably poorer.

That being said, the only problems I've had so far are a little key sticking which seems to have cleared up relatively fast after a few presses.

I can't comment on the range as I'm very close to the reciever, I plugged it in and worked within a few moments.

I would reccommend it for anyone using it for light use, but for heavier working application I think a higher priced keyboard would be worth it.
on 7 April 2013
*In contrast to my initial four stars i'm now reducing it to two since the resistance of the keys has become too strenuous. It's not like each keystroke is a task but it's largely hindering my typing flow and consequently i'm now looking for a new keyboard: Waste of money. Also, if you go logitech the unifying receiver means you only need one USB for a mouse and keyboard AND you can program the fn keys...

In summary: It's not bad... I've had this keyboard now for 9 months and it's still working, but I have picked up on a few nuiances and things that should have been included to make this keyboard better.

Pros:

Easy to install: It just worked really, plug in the usb and you're away

Low battery consumption: Have never needed to change them and have used this every day

Compact and light: Easy to move about on the desk and takes up little room

Cons:

The Keys: Unlike to begin with some of the keys now take a little more effort to push than before, it's only minor but it can be quite annoying and shouldn't be happening. As others have mentioned the Fn key is pointless and therefore annoying.

No On/Off switch: This is also annoying since it affects the transportability of the keyboard. If this keyboard is in your bag and linked up to your laptop still then you'll find it conflicting with your inbuilt keyboard. You could take out the Usb receiver but there's nowhere to store it which is present on similar devices such as computer mice that you can store the receiver in when not in use. Then again these tend to have an on/off switch too.

For the same amount of money I'd strongly recommend the Logitech K360. It has a larger footprint but is overall a much better wireless keyboard. Logitech K360 Wireless Keyboard - Black
on 8 February 2012
I have just transferred from a laptop to a desktop as my main machine. I have limited physical space on my desk and found the full keyboard with numeric pad left too little room. Use of the mouse was awkward and, most importantly, it made it impossible to have my Wacom pen tablet in the natural close square-on position I was used to. This is crucial for accurate drawing tasks. My son had bought one of these amaziongly inexpensive compact keyboards so I gave it a try. It isn't perfect but it certainly gets over the problem described and I will continue to use it. I don't use the mouse which comes with it; I have retained my familiar Logitech.
My criticisms are perhaps normal when changing from any familiar keyboard to a new one and they are not overwhelming. The keys are a little noisy with a high clicking rattle. They require to be hit fairly hard and square-on otherwise they may not register. If not hit square the key may graze its socket which may mean non-registration. I improved this radically by giving the keyboard a good soaking spray with a silicone furniture and curtain glide product and then drying off the excess. Other points are that the enter key is reduced to a horizontal oblong (compared with the vertical reversed L shape I was used to) and the forward delete is positioned at the bottom of the keyboard (one removed to the right of the space bar). These are taking time to get used to but I am improving. I don't miss the absence of special navigation keys - home, end etc as I never had them on the laptop and I have made my own familiar keyboard shortcuts for everything I need. The key factor for me was size and this keyboard has met my requirement.
on 1 March 2011
Actual keyboard OK very disappointed there isn't a light for caps lock as it sticks on and you can't tell until you are typing. Keys are a bit stiff.
Also would like to be able to page up and down.