5.0 out of 5 stars Great for limiting food intake
My two Tonkinese cats have always had a bit of a weight problem, made worse by the fact that I would feed on-demand just to shut them up. The vet suggested getting them something that would make eating a little more challenging. So I had a look round and found this fantastic cat-tormenting device.

It's early days, but so far it's brilliant. They both learned...
Published on 21 May 2011 by DavidE

2.0 out of 5 stars Badly made
5 minutes of her trying to get food out, before she realised she could just knock it over.
Now I put food in it and she simply goes and knocks it over each time, to eat the food off the carpet.
Published on 1 Sep 2012 by ronin4

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for limiting food intake, 21 May 2011
DavidE (LONDON United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Catit Senses Food Maze (Misc.)

It's early days, but so far it's brilliant. They both learned how to use it in a day (it was either that or starve). It's incredible how much less they are both eating once the tiniest bit of effort is involved. It fully leverages a cat's natural inclination to do sod-all: after a couple of biscuits they're all like 'I can't be arsed with this' and it's off for a lie down to recover.

There has still been a bit of hurt and wounded yowling for food but whereas before I felt the need to jump and respond at once (bringing a whole new meaning to the term 'pussy whipped' in the process), now I can just go 'cat, feed thyself'. After all, food has still been provided - just under new Ts and Cs.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars A little pizazz to grazing food!, 25 Oct 2011
This review is from: Catit Senses Food Maze (Misc.)
Imagine this. A bowl of boring biscuits laying on the kitchen floor for an entire day.

Now put those biscuits in the food maze and suddenly its more exciting for a cat! My cat Smudge adores this food maze which I have connected to the senses circuit. Its easy enough pour food in top.. set the bottom disc to difficulty. I had to set it to half closed as Smudge quickly learned by even nudging the maze all the food would move to the bottom. So now it is set to half closed and a bit more of a challenge. Its brilliantly simple as that.

The only problem I have with it is without the circuit at the bottom I think he might be able to just push it over.. Also the hole at the top is just big enough that if he was to stretch out he could probably eat them out the top as he is a very long cat. Solved that by just adding a cardboard circle over the top so he eats from the shelves instead.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Idea, 23 April 2011
This review is from: Catit Senses Food Maze (Misc.)
I love this, but more importantly so does my cat. A real challenge that he really seems to enjoy, with the added bonus of his favourite treat at the end. I was very impressed it held his attention for so long!

Very stable (it fell over once but that was my fault for not attaching the base properly) and remarkable well thought through. You can even vary the difficulty as your cat works it out.

Excellent idea if your out all day and that bowl of dried food left on the floor is seeming too boring for your cat to even bother with.

The whole range of CatIt products is excellent and so refreshing. There are so many toys like this aimed at dogs that are impractical for little paws so find a range like this that isn't just brightly coloured things on strings is great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great entertainment for cat and me!, 21 May 2012
Length:: 2:10 Mins

We bought the maze after noticing that our cat seemed a bit bored with his food, also to provide some entertainment for him and slow down his eating to help him lose some weight.

Initially he just sniffed it a bit and walked off so I put some treats inside it and he got started. It didn't take him long to figure it out although he mainly tried to cheat by pulling the food out by the holes on the sides. Then he discovered that he could eat more efficiently through the big hole from the top. Consequently, we had to put the play circuit around the maze to keep it from falling over and some cardboard at the top to keep him from cheating. By now he seem to have figured out how to get it out through the maze and seem to really enjoy it as he never leaves a single bite! He'll try to get us to give him "easier" food but once he realises he's not getting any he spends a long time at it getting the food out.

I would recommend the food maze as it keeps them mentally and physically entertained, it slows down their eating and it's rather entertaining to watch! The product is of good quality and the rubber mat keeps it in place. The only downside is the big hole at the top where a lid would be useful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes you can teach an old cat new tricks!, 24 Mar 2011
This review is from: Catit Senses Food Maze (Misc.)
This is great fun! I am spending happy hours watching my elderly cat at work.

When I first introduced her to it she thought she could just sit and mew and I would do it for her, like everything else difficult in this life. She soon sussed that this wasn't happening, and she was going to have to take matters into her own paws. She isn't the brightest of cats, but has worked it out enough to be getting the treats out. Not always by the route the manufacturers envisaged, but she is getting them.

The item is solid, and she has not managed to knock it over. The rubber ring that holds it in place works well, the toy does not slide on laminate floor, so this would be fine on a table or a kitchen floor.

I would recommend this for keeping a bored, elderly, idle cat occupied. She would not be willing to chase toys anymore, but is she is willing to keep working at this, and she is getting a fair amount of exercise walking round in circles trying to work out how to get the next treat.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just do the job!, 14 Aug 2011
This review is from: Catit Senses Food Maze (Misc.)
After the vet told us he never saw so much fat on such a young cat (having pulled a layer of 2cm fat for an op') we decided it was about time to do something! Only 1 year old and not much into outdoors, even though we kinda forced them to go out, we tried the CatIt food maze. It brought a lot of laughter at home, as the male was doing all the hard work for his sister to eat the treats that fell! But even she worked it out in the end and was able to feed herself.
Result: from 5 to 4kg in 3 months, huge effort!!!! Better than WeightWatchers!!

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it, the cat tolerates it., 5 Feb 2012
C. Mulliner (UK) - See all my reviews
Length:: 1:08 Mins

I bought this because I was worried that my newly adopted indoor cat would get bored, and she was getting through her food really fast. Not only has it worked on both counts, it's also freaking adorable to watch.

It took her a while to figure out - for the first couple of weeks she was hooking food out of the holes in the sides, which worked ok but was slow. I also had to move it after she worked out she could stand on the coffee table and eat straight out the top! She's had it a few weeks now though and has got pretty good at it - but because she eats every biscuit as soon as it falls into the bottom tray it's still slowing down her eating. She's never exactly thrilled to get food in the maze instead of a bowl, but she puts up with it.

Build quality seems fine, I'm a bit concerned that the pegs on the base won't stand up to repeated washing and reassembly but it's been ok so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars Clever cat, 19 Dec 2012
This review is from: Catit Senses Food Maze (Misc.)
After reading other reviews I decided on this to help keep my cat Marley, amused while I was out at work. You do need to put a dish on the top as other reviewers have mentioned otherwise he just eats the biscuits from the top. Have also found he doesn't eat as many biscuits so helps with weight control too. Excellent product, sturdy and easy to clean.

2.0 out of 5 stars Badly made, 1 Sep 2012

2.0 out of 5 stars Bit of a disappointment, 1 Jan 2012
This review is from: Catit Senses Food Maze (Misc.)
Bought this for my two indoor cats but not only do they knock it over to get the treats out but Ziggy takes them from the top. Maybe it's just my cats that are either a bit dim or far too cunning? Anyway they lost interest in about 2 days not a good buy.

Catit Senses Food Maze