on 29 June 2011
When starting to wean my baby I did a lot of research into products to store homemade baby food, and ended up buying some cheap ice cube trays and this set. My daughters appetite soon grew after a couple of weeks of weaning so I stopped freezing food in icecube trays and started using these pots instead. I have found them to be a really great product and have just placed an order for another set so I can make even more meals in advance. I simply make up a batch of babyfood and put it in these pots, they have measurements on the side so I can decide how much I want to store in each pot, the numbers on the side are quite difficult to read, but you soon get use to it. Theres a space on the side so you can label each pot with date and contents in pencil, which stays on in the freezer but can be easily washed off. The night before I just take out a few pots for my daughters food the next day and place in the fridge to defrost over night, as the pots stack together I clip a days worth of pots of food together in the freezer and just take out a stack! This way it is easy to see how many days worth of food I have left. To heat them up I just put the pot in the microwave and using the weaning spoon feed my daughter directly from the pot.

I've not had any leaks so far and the lids screw on and off easily. It's great how these pots are also compatible with the philips bottle warmer, breast pump and teats. I stored my expressed breat milk into bags, but I wish I had found this product earlier as I found some bags would tear and there is no risk of that with these pots. From looking at other weaning products I think that this is a great price for 20 pots which I've found to be really durable so far and I can see myself using them for a while. They take up more space in the freezer than using the icecube trays and freezer bag technique to begin with, but when you get to the point where you're filling the pots with more food then there's less wasted space, plus they are much more convenient! I soon got fed up of trying to force squares of frozen foods out of the ice cube trays into bags and then having to take cubes out at night and put into bowls for each meal the next day (especially when my daughters appetite grew and was needing bigger portions). They are a good size to fit in the changing bag for days out rather than taking larger weaning bowls with lids.

I would definitely recommend this product to anyone starting the weaning process and intending on freezing batches of homemade baby food.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 March 2011
Really love this set. You can put in the dishwasher, mircowave and stack great in freezer making bulk cooking much easier. Would buy more. A must if you are giving your baby homecooked food and they are great for eating out.
on 29 March 2012
The set is excellent, with plenty of storage cups and a very cute spoon.

As the product description is not very focused, I would like to list the content:
- Lid: 20 pcs
- Storage Cup (240 ml/8 oz): 10 pcs
- Pre-sterilised VIA Cup (180 ml/6 oz): 10 pcs
- Weaning spoon: 1 pcs
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 July 2011
These are fantastic and a must if you are starting the weaning process. We started off with the Annabel Karmel icecube trays, but they cant go in the dishwasher or steamer, you cant put anything hot in them and they cant be washed in too hotter water! So we bought the vital baby pack, which was great for the first 4 weeks. Now my little ones appetite has grown so she eats 2/3 ice cubes worth a meal.

These are great as they can go in the dishwasher, steamer, freezer, microwave - anywhere! In this pack there are 2 sizes, so they can hold your 3 ice cubes worth or more. I either blend up the food and pop it straight into the pots, or freeze up some, and use the ice cubes from vital baby and then pop them in the pots when mixing them(e.g. apple, pear and peach) after i have a made a batch of something. They have a screw lid - so easy. They go into the freezer, come out and about with us and I feed her straight from the pot. A really fantastic design and one that will grow with us, small fruit will fit in here and the big pots will fill even an adult! I bought 2 boxes and use them for everything, I have just done a bit batch of stock, measured to size and will pull out when needed. I can not recommend these enough. Such a simple product but no-one else seems to do them! Well done Avent!!
on 18 October 2011
I put my son's soup in these storage cups and I love it. The food it's always fresh bacause they seal very good. Easy to clean and they last very long. I use mine for 3 months now and there's no sign that they need to go to the garbage.
on 25 July 2013
Look no further: just buy this set! It will suit your every need regarding your baby's food. The cups are TRULY non-spill, microwave, freezer and dishwasher proof... PERFECT!
on 3 April 2012
brilliant buy saved me a fortune so far and I've only had them a short while very handy and durable :P its great you get two sizes as well :P
on 29 September 2013
I bought these pots for my five month old when I started weaning her. I decided not to buy the smaller stage 1 pots as I heard reviews saying they'd only be used for a short time and I'm really glad I made that decision. My little girl soon wanted a larger portion and moved to stage 2 quickly so the smaller pots would have been a waste of money.

The pots are excellent for stacking when empty and all the lids click together for good storage. They are excellent for travelling too as the screw lid means there are no leaks. It is Very easy to feed straight from the pot. The fact that you can write in pencil on the pot and then simply rub out and rewrite is a useful feature. They wash well in the dishwasher too.

The only reason I've given this product 4 stars instead of five is the fact that they melt in the microwave. If you don't plan to microwave heat though this won't matter.

At Stage 2 the pot is still not full and so I think will easily accommodate Stage 3 and the fact there are two sizes in this pack means you could use the smaller ones for dessert if they become too small for the main meal. Great value for money too, I conducted a thorough price comparison and these definitely came out on top.
on 14 April 2015
These are great, but why are the suddenly more than so much more expensive? When I bought this exact product on Amazon earlier this year, they were 13.99. I wanted to buy another set and they're almost 30 pounds!

I am really happy with these. They're great for storing breastmilk, and I was keen to buy more as we'll be starting solids next month. They also come pre-sterlised which is very handy!
on 3 April 2013
I had been searching for weaning pots to put my home made food in and all of the other ones I found were either too small or too expensive. These are perfect and can be used for a long time after weaning to store various items. I really like the screw top lids so there is no chance of them coming loose in the freezer or your bag. I have just ordered another set!