5.0 out of 5 stars A great product for storing homemade baby food
Published on 29 Jun 2011 by Sallifer

3.0 out of 5 stars Good product
Good product although some times the lids are not great at fastening so could run the risk of them popping open in the freezer.
Published 22 months ago by lucie

5.0 out of 5 stars A great product for storing homemade baby food, 29 Jun 2011
This review is from: Philips AVENT SCF720/10 VIA Baby Food Storage Set (Baby Product)
When starting to wean my baby I did a lot of research into products to store homemade baby food, and ended up buying some cheap ice cube trays and this set. My daughters appetite soon grew after a couple of weeks of weaning so I stopped freezing food in icecube trays and started using these pots instead. I have found them to be a really great product and have just placed an order for another set so I can make even more meals in advance. I simply make up a batch of babyfood and put it in these pots, they have measurements on the side so I can decide how much I want to store in each pot, the numbers on the side are quite difficult to read, but you soon get use to it. Theres a space on the side so you can label each pot with date and contents in pencil, which stays on in the freezer but can be easily washed off. The night before I just take out a few pots for my daughters food the next day and place in the fridge to defrost over night, as the pots stack together I clip a days worth of pots of food together in the freezer and just take out a stack! This way it is easy to see how many days worth of food I have left. To heat them up I just put the pot in the microwave and using the weaning spoon feed my daughter directly from the pot.

I've not had any leaks so far and the lids screw on and off easily. It's great how these pots are also compatible with the philips bottle warmer, breast pump and teats. I stored my expressed breat milk into bags, but I wish I had found this product earlier as I found some bags would tear and there is no risk of that with these pots. From looking at other weaning products I think that this is a great price for 20 pots which I've found to be really durable so far and I can see myself using them for a while. They take up more space in the freezer than using the icecube trays and freezer bag technique to begin with, but when you get to the point where you're filling the pots with more food then there's less wasted space, plus they are much more convenient! I soon got fed up of trying to force squares of frozen foods out of the ice cube trays into bags and then having to take cubes out at night and put into bowls for each meal the next day (especially when my daughters appetite grew and was needing bigger portions). They are a good size to fit in the changing bag for days out rather than taking larger weaning bowls with lids.

I would definitely recommend this product to anyone starting the weaning process and intending on freezing batches of homemade baby food.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Avent set, 29 Mar 2012
The set is excellent, with plenty of storage cups and a very cute spoon.

As the product description is not very focused, I would like to list the content:
- Lid: 20 pcs
- Storage Cup (240 ml/8 oz): 10 pcs
- Pre-sterilised VIA Cup (180 ml/6 oz): 10 pcs
- Weaning spoon: 1 pcs

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent for weaning for stage 2, 26 Mar 2011
Really love this set. You can put in the dishwasher, mircowave and stack great in freezer making bulk cooking much easier. Would buy more. A must if you are giving your baby homecooked food and they are great for eating out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect cups and Lids, 25 July 2013
Look no further: just buy this set! It will suit your every need regarding your baby's food. The cups are TRULY non-spill, microwave, freezer and dishwasher proof... PERFECT!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, 18 Oct 2011
I put my son's soup in these storage cups and I love it. The food it's always fresh bacause they seal very good. Easy to clean and they last very long. I use mine for 3 months now and there's no sign that they need to go to the garbage.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic, 3 April 2012
brilliant buy saved me a fortune so far and I've only had them a short while very handy and durable :P its great you get two sizes as well :P

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, 2 July 2014
I LOVE this storage set and I did not regret buying it! I use it for freezing homemade baby food as well as taking liquid and non-liquid food when going for a walk. It really is leak-proof. I fully recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars These are one of the best things I bought in terms of baby products, 2 July 2014
These are one of the best things I bought in terms of baby products. They have been great from first weaning and continue to be incredibly useful for snacks and packed lunches

5.0 out of 5 stars great, buy it!!!, 25 April 2014
I wanted to give it a try even though for my eldest daughter I didn't need any kit and managed quite well with home made baby food with ice trays and plastic bags but.... they are great and worth every penny!! the tops really stay together in a proper pile- they clip to each other, wooah....- and fit so well to the cups. nothing compared to my cupboard filled of mixmachted food storage boxesI love them, it will save me time and will be far more convenient than the DIY- still ok-solution I used before.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 6 Aug 2013
Very usefull for baby food. I started using it for fruit juice. The spoon however is very hard. I use a silicon one instead.