Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis DIYED Listen with Prime Learn more Shop now

on 6 January 2012
My daughter (almost 4) got a ds for her Christmas, after playing the wii. She was also given the Peppa Pig Theme Park game and the Cars 2 game (she is cars daft). At first she didn't seem too taken with the ds as she found the game pad required on the cars game too difficult and kept trying to tilt the ds as she would with the wii. The Peppa game on the other hand is a brilliant introduction for young users of the ds as it is totally controlled by the stylus and requires no reading ability.

The game starts with getting Peppa and George ready for a trip to the theme park, where they do some very basic stylus movements to wake them up, prepare a picnic etc. They then move on to some games where they are asked to find a tool to fix the car, play I spy (either by colour or letter) and fix the map - jigsaw of 4, 6 or 9 pieces. When they arrive at the theme park they must drive the train, after all these activities have been completed the theme park games are gradually unlocked by playing. The games are trampolining, balancing the seesaw, musical fountains, water cannon, making candyfloss and ice cream, hot air ballon, bumper cars, spining teacups, picnic and a final game of remote controlled cars, that is unlocked by purchasing the remote control in the shop. They vary in difficulty and they can chose to race against the clock in some games. After each game tokens are given which can be spent in the shop.

It doesn't take long for the whole game to be unlocked, which is good for little kids with little patience. I thought it would be a little repetitive, but my daughter loves getting tokens to go to the shop, but as she has nearly bought everything we may need to reset the game or set up a new profile so she can start again. We have now ordered her the previous Peppa game and the Thomas the Tank engine game and hope she will enjoy these as much. If you are looking for an easy starter game for young children then I would recommend this, but I wouldn't expect them to by playing if month after month.
on 26 August 2012
Got this for my daughter's 3rd birthday as she loves playing apps on our phones if we let her! She loves Peppa Pig and this gives her something she can take control of and play by herself, as everything is clearly explained. She finds a couple of the games trickier than others and tends to give up before completing them the required number of times (which sometimes seems too many even to me!), but there are plenty of options for her to choose from and she loves the reward of buying toys in the shop with the tokens she's earned. All in all, I'd say it's a well thought out game for young children, with plenty to entertain them.
on 19 February 2012
Great game for 3 years plus.All Peppa fans will love it! Easy to understand.Would recommend to other friends with youngsters.
on 12 September 2011
My daughter is an absolute fan of Peppa Pig. She has been craving for this game for a while and was so happy when it arrived. The game is fun and the sound quality is very good too. Would recommend to anyone.
on 27 August 2012
The game was delivered very quickly. The game is good as you don't need to supervise your child because it's a verbal game. Great graphic's from the game.It's very enjoyable.
on 6 May 2011
I brought this game for my 4yr old son and he absolutely loves it. There's lots of different games to choose from and I always know when he's playing this DS game as I can here him chuckling! A definate for all Peppa & George fans.
on 20 February 2012
Graphics and sounds true to the TV programme - Found this to be a brilliant little game for my 3 year old Grandson. As well as being an additional learning tool with teaching him the alphabet numbers and colours, he has gained skills in using the sylus and moving around his DS screen. The Game starts with you waking up Peppa and George and helping them to brush their teeth wash their faces and dress for the day at the Theme Park. You then help to make up the picnic basket to take with them then its off in the car having a few minor mishaps to resolve on the way, like piecing the map back together in the form of a jigsaw. At the theme park There are various little mini games to play including driving the train, shooting the ducks with water, making your own candy floss, trampolining to catch the balloons and many more equally enjoyable and easy to complete. Would highly recommend to anyone looking for a good starter game for ages 3 - 4.
on 28 November 2011
I bought this for my two year old daughter after reading the reviews. I decided it sounded the most suitable for her age and I havent been dissapointed. While some of the mini games are too challenging for her in terms of physical skill there is plenty that she can do by herself or with some assitance. Even after a few plays I've noticed she understands what she needs to do and how to hold the stylus with increasing accuracy. My daughter likes getting Peppa and George ready for the day by waking them, getting them dressed and clean. I like that there is a variety of mini-games that stimulate her now and provide some challenge for her as she grows. I would highly recommend it for a young child as their first game.
on 15 May 2012
My son had been watching me play games on my DS for awhile. This was the first game we gave him to play by himself. He took to it and with little instruction or intervention was soon playing intently for an hour of a long train journey. He would have played for longer but we had arrived at our destination. It has lots of minigames filled with sounds and colourful shapes. Completing each requires a little learning or exploration and unlocks other minigames. Somehow along the way he has learnt aboout balancing peoples weights on a seesaw. Although he has now completed the whole game he still enjoys returning to it on long car journeys. The only thing is he is still playing it on my DS and I want it back!
on 1 August 2012
This game has many learning elements in it at the same time of being fun with a well liked tv character peppa pig and family. A great game to start with for younger children; enjoyed by my 5 old.

See one answered question