5.0 out of 5 stars A must read for any sales man
The book is a tale of the greatest salesman of his country. He bears the secrets of this talent until he finds one noble & worthy enough of this knowledge. These secrets are locked in a vault amongst the pages of a scroll. Through out the tale these guidelines are revealed.
Published on 31 May 2005 by C. J. Kimber

3.0 out of 5 stars Usual themes of self-help in a quasi-religious parable style
Published on 24 April 2003

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read for any sales man, 31 May 2005
C. J. Kimber (southampton uk) - See all my reviews
I found this book compeling and inspirational. So much so that I went back though it with my laptop to write quotes from it that I could use in every day conversation and my life. I was left with three pages. Enough said I think.
I eagerly wait to read more titles from Og mandino. Worth the read definitely.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best book I've ever read, 4 Jun 1999
By A Customer
I've had this book for some time now. It was a gift from my mother that just sat in my desk until I decided to give it a chance. I can't beleive I had written this treasure off as just another self-help book. Since I've read it I look at things with a little more optimism, and a liitle more zest. The scrolls in this book inspire you to live life to it's fullest, and be successfull in both you're career and you're personal life. It dosn't matter if you're religous or not, this book will brighten your outlook on everything.

5.0 out of 5 stars An inspirational story, 15 April 2006
A. O. Ayodele "Bode Ayodele" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I was prompted to write this review based on a number of negative reviews I read on this page about the book.

One reader actually said he read it twice with out getting the point-or much out of it.

Og Mandino's is one with a difference-it is not what you can get out of it that matters ( he is not really trying to impart knowledge in the real sense) it is what the book can impart into your subconscious mind that makes it different.

As one reviewer explained the best way you can acquire maximum benefit from book is by following the recommended procedure-reading each chapter for 30 days, three times daily and not turning to the next chapter until you have completed the preceding one.

I know this might sound strange and a waste of time (we are talking about 270 days here) but it is indeed worth the while.

If you go about it this way you will start noticing a change -have a more positive attitude to life-persist more and wake up with more vigor.

What you have read will keeping seeping through you conscious to your subconscious (especially when you face tough situations) and this will inspire you handle life better.

I personally read the book in 1993 - I could not believe that there was such a wonderful book in existence and it really changed my life>

How I wish more of us could learn to inspire and motivate like Og.

He definitely got me thinking about going into inspiration motivation.

5.0 out of 5 stars A life changing book, 24 Mar 2006
Gareth Edwards (London United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Every once in a while we all read a book that has a profound influence on the way we think about what we do and how we live. This is such a book and not just for sales people. Anybody whose job involves dealing with people will benefit from this insightful, humane and deeply spiritual book.
Buy it and put the ideas into practice. They are fundamentals that can't fail you. Inspirational stuff.

5.0 out of 5 stars An incredible parable - essential for every salesperson, 5 Jan 2003
C. M. Perkins (Stirling, Scotland.) - See all my reviews
This book is quite remarkable. In a story that you can read in an evening, Og Mandino has captured what it takes to be successful in sales.
Through an inspiring parable, you will learn the simple secrets to becoming a great salesperson. It is an ethical message and I try to live and work by these principles every day. I re-read sections if my sales are taking a dip (especially scroll number 9), and I get the boost to my motivation that I need.
Every salesperson should read this book.

3.0 out of 5 stars Usual themes of self-help in a quasi-religious parable style, 24 April 2003
By A Customer
Anyone who has read self help books will know the themes that they ALL peddle: think bigger, try harder, don't give up, count your blessings, think positive etc. And most people will know that they are pretty hard to follow in reality. The success of any individual self-help book will depend on how successfully the author can get the truisms into your mind. That in itself is dependent on how you relate to the author and his/her style. So rating such books is difficult and not all that useful. The book is OK and, of course, if you actually follow the rules you will experience some changes in attitude. But if you are non-American you are likely to cringe quite badly at times too. Especially the audio book which starts with "I'm the luckiest man alive" speech and moves to "DEAR friend...let me take you by the hand and..." - it's pretty toe curling.

5.0 out of 5 stars A MUST FOR NEW BUSINESS START-UPS AND THOSE NEW TO SALES, 10 Dec 1998
By A Customer
If you are just starting a new business that requires you to sell your services to others, especialy if you are going to the client and not having the client come to you or your store, then this book is a must. If you have already experienced some defeats and don't know if sales is the life for you, then read this book! It is more of a soul searching book to see if you're truely up to the choices you 've made. Once you're inspired by its contents go on to more detailed books on selling techniques like 'How to Master the Art of Selling' by Tom Hopkins. My best wishes to you and may you're choices be yours - Jim Brown, Entrepreneur/Salesman

2.0 out of 5 stars I was expecting better, much better, 12 Nov 2008
This book could be condensed into one page max, the rest is just waffle based on a fairy tale. I'm amazed that so many people have given this book 5 stars as they were clearly not reading the same book as me. I was hoping for some decent hints and tips i could use in my daily profession but instead all i got was a fairy tale talking about nothing more than positive mental attitude. Frankly if you need to be told that you have more issues than this book could ever dream to solve. Search for Frank Bettger's book "How i raised myself from failure to success in selling" if you actually want a decent book on how to improve your sales technique.

5.0 out of 5 stars I couldn't believe a book could hold so much power., 6 Oct 1998
By A Customer
In the summer of 94 I made a brave move and decided that I would sell books with The Southwestern Company in the US for the summer. I was just a college student in the UK so this was a BIG step for me. It was quite simply the toughest thing I have ever done. Thankfully SW give you all the tools you need to deal with such a tough task - one of those was "The Greatest Salesman in the World" by Og Mandino, it quite literally gave me a new perspective on my summer and life in general. It inspired me, gave me the will to keep going and helped give me a positive outlook on life that I carry with me to this very day. I must have read that book a hundred times that summer and thank God I did! This book is a fantastic inspiration and I wholeheartedly reccomend it to Salespeople and non-salespeople alike.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Book for All Seasons, 10 Aug 2004
This book taught me that no matter what your IQ,your financial position or your personal cicumstance,with a positive attitude you can become who you choose to be.It gave me the constitution to reach for goals, previously considered, to be dreams.
Read it,keep it,but above all......share it.

The Greatest Salesman in the World