5.0 out of 5 stars Hi-Tec Men'sVlite Altitude Ultra
Published on 1 April 2011 by C. Donovan

3.0 out of 5 stars Altitude Ultra Luxe Low Hiking Shoe
Ordered a pair of these shoes as the price seemed pretty competitive compared to other online vendors, they arrived swiftly as with most things through Amazon.

Published on 31 Oct. 2010 by CC

5.0 out of 5 stars Hi-Tec Men'sVlite Altitude Ultra, 1 April 2011
C. Donovan "Splitroll" (Bucks, UK) - See all my reviews
Bought this boot end of March having read 2 earlier reviews. Ordered size 9 as I take size 9/9.5 last size depending. Correct decision as, as advised, sizes are generous. I wear a 'foot slip-on sock' inside a more substantial hiking sock and this is very comfortably accommodated by the size 9 boot. Worn straight from the box and 'over the local Blackdown Hills'. Very comfortable from the start. I particularly like the genuine vibram sole, rather than the usual hollow (and soon worn) hollow soles usually found in boots at this price. For me it is an excellent boot that I have been looking for for some months in that it bridges that gap between a pair of serious trekking boots and a pair of stout, normal shoe for casual walks. All round very good value at the offer price of £45 or so.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good One, 8 Feb. 2011
Hi, I bought this Item about 2 months before. When I tried them I felt bit hard from the top (just underneath the tongue) but later on it was adjusted. I would say still upper part is bit hard. other than that Shoes are very warm and cozy with good comfort. Very good grip and sole seems to be very strong. Yes they are waterproof did not try them in extensive rain or some thing but tried on wet grass and in little rainy weathered. I will say buy one or half size less what you normally wear. I read this in review (as some body mentioned before) and ordered accordingly which worked perfectly. Can wear in casual as well. I will recommend this item.. Very Nice

5.0 out of 5 stars Very highly recommended, 26 July 2011
The first time ordering boots online without trying them on first in a shop, so I was a bit wary of how they would turn out. I ordered in my normal shoe size and found that these fit perfectly with a thick pair of hiking socks. Feel nice and sturdy too, despite the lack of ankle support. (I tend to use trekking poles, so I don't worry about that much.)

I broke them in with a 90-mile hike over 6 days, and didn't get a single blister, which is quite amazing. Some numbness in my big toe indicates that insoles are necessary, however. The hike also involved some of the worst rain of the year so far, and the boots performed *extremely* well with no extra treatment beforehand.

Overall, these are the best-fitting and most waterproof boots I've ever bought - absolutely love 'em!

3.0 out of 5 stars Altitude Ultra Luxe Low Hiking Shoe, 31 Oct. 2010

The shoes seem well made and quite light, however... I have aranged to return mine as the fit is very generous, when ordering I choose size 8.5 as this is usually my perfect size and usually very difficult to get half sizes, otherwise I go for a size 9 but these can sometimes be a tad too big, so was rather dissapointed to find that even with two pairs of thickish socks on these were still a loose fit! I'm guessing Hi-Tec make them slightly larger to allow for thick hiking socks maybe?

The shoes themselves are quite stylish and have good chunky "Vibram" lightweight soles, had they fitted ok I would have been happy to keep them, so will probably order another pair onece my refund comes through.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best, 20 Nov. 2011
In the past have purchased high end walking boots and always believes Hi-Tec to be of poor quality, how wrong was I, these boots have just completed a weeks walking in Tenerife over very abrasive surfaces,and show no signs of cuts/damage to sole, or any part of the upper construction, Only warning is that Hi-Tec sizing is generous and I should of ordered a half size smaller but two pairs of sock sorted my error out. Excellent value and quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hi Tec Ultra Luxe Low., 7 July 2011
A good all round walking shoe at a good price excellent Vibram Soles which are normally only on expensive boots waterproof as well. They are a very generous sizing makes these size tens slightly loose i could have done with a 9.5. other than that they are for me a 5 star walking shoe.

5.0 out of 5 stars bit big..., 30 May 2011
Great pair of low cut walking boots, they are just a bit too big, I have another pair of hi tec low cut boots at home, both are a size 10, at least on the label, these are bigger than the other pair, more like a ten and a half, guess thick socks....

5.0 out of 5 stars Hi-Tec Men's Vlite Altitude Ultra Luxe Low Waterproof WPi Hiking Shoe, 26 July 2011
Generous sizing allows for sorbothane insoles to protect my poor knees, but otherwise are excellent straight from the box.Hi-Tec Men's Vlite Altitude Ultra Luxe Low Waterproof WPi Hiking Shoe

4.0 out of 5 stars Good materials, good life but beware of american sizes with Hi-Tech and similar brands, 28 Sept. 2013
I have had these shoes for a while. They are comfortable, now almost at the end of their life I use them for gardening only. Be aware when ordering Hi-tech shoes in Uk (they are 1/2 size wider than expected).

4.0 out of 5 stars excellent - but!, 8 Nov. 2011
A great walking shoe at good price. Repells water and dirt well and largely comfortable BUT tongue on one shoe badly made so when shoe tight it digs into you.