Format: Audio CD|Change

on 9 May 2013
Even if I'm a guitar player, in these years I find only few acoustic guitar cds that I like. Most of them have incredibly good techniques and really poor emotions in the music. Not this one, this is music for everyone, well played, well recorded. Wow!
on 28 February 2012
If you see the name "Tommy Emmanuel C.G.P" then you know you are in safe hands, very safe hands. He is a stunning and fantastic guitar player, and he is so full of inspiration, happiness and vim and vigour (if you have seen him live then really really shows).

This CD is a joy to listen too and a pleasure to own, and if you really love great sounding and technically brilliant music you shall love this. It has tracks such as "The Jolly Swagman" which is a fun little track performed in a Scottish style with a wonderful Waltzing Matilda ending and a relaxing track called "The Fingerlakes" which is a master piece.
on 12 April 2013
A brilliant set of performances from a brilliant guitarist. Some tracks not to my taste, but lots that really hit the spot. A few covers, but a goodly number of his own material. Haba Na Haba, the title track, bears special mention for its complex rythmns and melodic flow. Waiting for a Plane also merits high praise. Superb!
on 22 June 2013
What an absolutely fantastic album this is. A great variety of styles and how one man can make such beautiful sound is totally beyond me. I will be buying more of Tommy's work, but hopefully in DVD format - he is a joy to watch.
on 19 October 2013
Who knows? For my money, having seen him live with Martin Taylor, he is my favourite guitarist. His obvious enjoyment of his music connects with the audience. Even from this CD, the shear complexity of his playing (Martin Taylor described him as a frightening talent!) and his energy shines out. It will probably be solidly in my car CD player for the next few months.
on 12 August 2013
If you are a guitar player of any kind you can only listen in awe and enjoy the fluidity and musicality of one of the truly great guitarists of our time. I only found out about this guy by chance. Arguably it's worth 5 stars but there is a lot of music here and it does not all tie together as a whole. But thoroughly recommended. Great stuff.
on 27 December 2012
I went to his concert knowing nothing about him. My friend told me that it would be interesting for me. Concert was great and I decided to buy this album and I love it. Fantastic guitar music, fantastic performer.
on 5 February 2014
What a great selection of all of a musicians talent neatly put on one album, blues, rock, instrumental all together showing such a breadth and depth of spirit. I am totally hooked on it
on 8 May 2014
Lovely playing. I didn't know him before so took a risk. Some tracks not to my taste but all playing top class
on 16 March 2014
Good music, and does justice to the classics that we've all come to know and love from the original artists.