Price:£2.70+ Free shipping

on 13 August 2014
Despite the great reviews, this kit is not great. Firstly, one lure came without a guard/cover, so a large hole was soon made in the bag. The instructions are useful for those less familiar with fishing, so I suppose they would be of use to the everyday prepper or someone alike. The hooks themselves, albeit large, were thin and not likely to hold up against the strain of the fish they were designed to catch. The line is great. It's thick and durable, although it is monofilament and will degrade over time. I would like to see a test rating for the line, too. The swivels are of high quality and the weights are good, althiuh their swivels are fairly stiff. The lures are decent and present no immediate problems. The reel is not good. Setting it up with the given hooks would not be a good idea, as the plastic is flimsy and wouldn't stand up to the fish it's meant to catch. I think the reason people buy this kit and rate it so highly is because they are inexperienced in the way of fishing and look for a cheap way to procure food in an emergency. My advice: steer clear of this and buy a hardcase from the poundshop to throw some better quality tackle into.
on 16 May 2014
First delivery the winder in the fishing kit arrived broken. As a result of my bad-tempered review (now deleted) Survival Box contacted me and offered a replacement. the replacement arrived promptly(and intact) for which I commend them on their excellent customer service. I would agree with other reviewers that the addition of a few smaller hooks and maybe some smaller lead weights for either river or Stillwater fishing would make this the ideal survival fishing kit.
Once again; thanks to Survival Box.Com for their excellent customer service.
on 21 October 2013
I bought this simple fishing kit for a survival tin very neat and compact and its Ideal for the purpose
on 12 May 2014
Again, you could make a much better kit yourself, but this is convenient, although you could put a lot of extra stuff in the pouch. I would certainly add some smaller hooks, a couple of swivels, a few yards of finer diameter line, a few split shot and some tinfoil. And a couple of rubber worms or something similar.
on 23 April 2014
Very light and a good piece of equipment to have in rucksack. Mainly for sea fishing. There would have to be some adjustments to fish on rivers like smaller hooks and maybe a float.
on 13 August 2013
Wanted a good quality survival fishing kit and this looks like it will do just the job, and at a great price too.
on 30 September 2013
Just what I need for my emergency bag.
Thank you, exactly as described. Every thing listed was in the bag.
on 10 September 2013
GREAT LITTLE ITEM TO CARRY FOR THE JUST IN CASE OR A BIT OF FUN OF THE CLIFS. IS GREAT
on 15 May 2014
I bought this to go deep sea shark fishing off the cape of good hope, but think its a bit light weight, so I'm gonna keep it in my rucksack in case of zombie apocalypse.
on 16 February 2013
This is an excellent, and inexpensive piece of survival equipment. I would recomend it totally to anyone who is knocking up there own survival kit.