on 25 June 2011
Realizing I had an addiction to someone came as a bit of a shock to me as i thought addiction to love or someone was a ridiculous idea. But this book really helped me to see the extent of this addiction and it's impact on my wellbeing. It is easy to read and understand and I learnt so many things about myself and how addictions are related to our past. It helped me to feel stronger and able to begin to make changes for the better. Would recommend to anyone who has difficultly in relationships even if they do not think they are addicted.
on 3 September 2012
I found this book in my local library, brand new, I was the first one to read it and it has some worthy information, although in some parts goes to extreme behavior, most of the book made me feel identified. Don't think being addictive as the title suggests is something to be ashamed of. This is a self-help book for men and women that are eager to have the dream relationship and either choose the wrong person or any person whatsoever and refuse to let them 'spoil' the dream.

Read it, you will release you already knew most of it, take the bits you agree with and don't give much importance to the ones you don't. It talks a lot about all going back to childhood traumas, I don't think we are all traumatized children, but it may apply to you...

Highly recommended!
on 13 December 2013
If you are seriously suffering from being a love addict then I would not really recommend this book. I have got to the section about nagging and the advice that is given at the end of the section tells you basically that you should check at the beginning of a relationship whether someone is ok with being nagged. The advice may be helpful if you know why you are acting in this manner and or if you have control over your thoughts, but if you did then you probably wouldn't buy this book! Not everyone is keen on CBT but I think that it would be beneficial in that it deals with rigid thinking and automatic thoughts, unlike this book!
on 12 September 2014
This is a perfectly informative book, especially if you're in a coming-to-terms phase. I like its layout and the bulleted lists. I would just say that the tips for recovery aren't all that in-depth, and are sometimes vague and patronisingly simplistic. (E.g. "[bullet point] Try to face your fears.") But, bottom line, it was a good introductory read and I certainly don't regret it.
on 2 June 2015
It had some interesting observations but I was put off with the references to God. I am not a religious person and this made the book seem less credible.
on 5 October 2013
A very interesting book which related well to my own personal needs. Would highly recommend if you have tendencies of obsessive behaviour related to love.