4.0 out of 5 stars Some useful bits for the beginner
As an introduction to the world of plumbing, this is not a bad start. I only needed a brief overview of plumbing matters as I am working in a plumbers merchants and wanted to at least understand some of the terminology and basics so that I could offer at least a degree of competent service to our customers.
Published on 17 Mar. 2011 by Mr. Michael A. Green

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad guidance, but not great
Bought this as I was fitting a new water supply for bathroom/kitchen/outhouse and garden feed to my house and wanted the gist of what to do in a DIY setting. It didn't really give it. Whilst a good technical read, I just wanted a few pics: do this and that and you'll be fine-had to buy a different book (Haynes)
Published 14 months ago by daveo_78

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Some useful bits for the beginner, 17 Mar. 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just, 5 Jun. 2011
Not just the basics!This book is loaded with info,dense detail,makes this a must for anyone seriously interested in the subject from students to keen DIYers. Written in an accessible style using the correct terms for common and more complex components and concepts.
A full glossary means you can talk on equal terms at the plumbing merchants. Covers everything from guttering to drains and everything in between. Excellent

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good for any level of knowledge, 10 Feb. 2012
im currently doing a plumbing course and brought this book to help supliment what im already learning and it has helped me no end. its simple un complicated with minimal use of jargen that only a plumber would understand. if you know absolutely zero about plumbing this book is all youll need.

4.0 out of 5 stars Basic helpful, 6 Mar. 2011
This book is a useful tool to help with for the normal jobs around the house, not too complicated for basics.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just like talking to a plumber!, 28 Nov. 2011
This book is fantastic. It covers a large range of plumbing issues and discusses them all in straight-forward language.

For the price, you really can't go wrong.

I think I'll find myself referring back to this plenty of times.

In saying that, this won't teach you the skills to be a plumber. I.e. it doesn't go into length about how to solder or use a compression fitting (although it covers what they are and why and how they are used). But I didn't buy the book for that. This book provides lots of pointers (how to unblock pipes, move trapped air in pipes, strip a tap, etc) and allows for easy identification of plumbing mechanics such as different types of heating systems.

Definitely 5 stars for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for the beginner, 27 May 2012
Great book for someone wanting a good overview of Plumbing. Lots of hints and tips. Quick and easy to read / understand. Cant go wrong with the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful book to have, 16 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Master Basic Plumbing And Central Heating: Teach Yourself (Kindle Edition)
I found that this book covered all the basic's & more about plumbing & heating, with some useful tips on how to correct some small problems that occur sometimes, that you could deal with yourself.

5.0 out of 5 stars great for a beginner., 13 Mar. 2013
Plumbing was always a bit of a mystery to me, but this book lifted the lid on the basics and gave me the confidence to try my hand at some projects, which have all worked out well.

would highly recommend if you want to be able to repair, or change and install plumbing items in your home, like a new bathroom... but maybe not the boiler!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 8 July 2012
I am thinking about getting qualified as a gas safe engineer and this book has taken some of the mystique of plumbing and gas and given me lots of encouragement that I can do the job and also ideas as to hat projects I can t tackle myself. Finally his writing style is easy and it reads better than a heavy novel, but not as good aa a paget turner. I will almost certainly be buying more of his books.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good text book., 19 Mar. 2013
A good text book particularly for students of plumbing. It covers so many topics and the problems that can arise in the different systems.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›