on 24 August 2014
I am a believer in the one true God and read this book to find out about the differences between Islam and Christianity, my own religion. As a mature person I am glad to say that there are more similarities between our religions than differences. Thank you for the way you laid out the book and explained all of the various points.
on 19 November 2015
I found this book to be a fair introduction. It covered a vast range of relevant topics. However due to the amount of topics covered the book was unable to be as comprehensive on some, that it might have been. This was a shame, as those completely unfamiliar with Islam were only able to receive a basic overview in some areas, and naturally in a non academic text such as this, those areas are always at the discretion of the author. Thus, a beginner would benefit further from other similar books to supplement their learning and to gain an alternative perspective. In fairness the book was unafraid to discuss and comment on sensitive topics such as Islamic terrorism and women's rights. If there is to be any criticism, it would be that the author tended to drift into a critique of Islam in some places, however I felt that engaging in apologetics should really be left for another book altogether, as I would imagine that most people are purchasing go book to gain an insight into facts about Islamic beliefs and practice, and not the authors critical analysis of such things. Perhaps the author feels a responsibility for setting the record straight, ( which is perhaps understandable given such times where Islamophobia is rife), I don't know, but I am not convinced that this is the place to undertake such endeavours. Nevertheless after completing the book the reader will be considerably more knowledgable of the fundamentals of Islam. For those who already know a fair bit, then you are unlikely to learn much more here and may instead require something that delves a little further below the surface.
on 29 July 2015
Although this is a good introduction to Islam for non Muslims, detailing the basics of the religion, it does contain many mistakes and the author has out a lot of her own opinion in there. As a Muslim, reading this was very difficult as some sections had obvious mistakes and I could not see the value of some of the authors insights to a non Muslim or new Muslim trying to learn about Islam
on 14 January 2015
Very interesting book. Wanted to understand the basics which this book taught me and more. Might read it again one day.
on 4 September 2011
This is a great book which introduces the religion very well. The writer knows the subject in depth and has a wonderful way of explaining things. The book is well laid out and covers all the bases. An enjoyable and essential read for anyone wanting to learn about Islam or thinking of converting to Islam.
on 22 July 2012
I can not put this book down. The information contained is perfect for anyone wishing to learn about Islam and it is a wonderful guide for us muslims, who often get misguided by the cultures we live in. This was a gift for my sons friend who is interested in converting but i can not stop reading it myself. Inshallah i will buy another book for my sons friend. I will keep this for future reference when needed. Brilliant, informative, easy read, may Allah (SWA) bless and guide the author.
on 12 November 2014
Really informative without being boring. Really cheap too!
on 25 November 2012
i found this a good book to read for an introduction to islam. easy to pick up and read sections.
on 21 January 2015
Great informative book
on 23 October 2013
SHORT, SIMPLE INFORMATIVE. A BOOK I STILL GO BACK TO AND I'VE JUST HIT 30. WHETHER YOU ARE NEW TO ISLAM OR LOOKING FOR A REFRESHER, YOU CANNOT GO WRONG WITH THIS BOOK, WHATEVER FORMAT IT IS IN.