5.0 out of 5 stars not written by dummies
Excellent value for money. Many manuals are written by people who are experienced with the product and so miss the basics, as with all things 'if you do not master the basics, you will struggle to progress'. This manual addresses those basics.
Published on 22 Mar 2011 by Wag 78

3.0 out of 5 stars Bought it for my 70+ year old father, he still calls me to find out how to do things
I was hoping an easy guide would get used by me father, but no, he stills me up first. I had a read, and it goes through the basics in very bland manner. Does what it says on the cover, but in my particular case may be more useful to bang my head against.

I'm not a massive fan of the "dummies" series, they are good to start you off, but quickly you...
Published 7 months ago by David Pursehouse

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 16 April 2013
Just what I needed to learn and understand the basics of Sketchup. It is easy to follow. Would highly recommend it!

4.0 out of 5 stars A good starter especially for architects, 11 April 2013
I bought this after getting stuck using a more advanced book, and have found it a useful introduction for the basics of Sketchup. I still needed help and consulted someone who helped me out of a few jams, however I found it easy to follow and pretty thorough. Its examples are making buildings, whereas I want to produce landscape designs, so I will be also consulting the Daniel Tal book Google Sketchup for Landscape Design.

I've not finished the book yet - this could be a five star book by the time I've finished!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good reference book to have, 30 Mar 2013
J. B. West (Redditch,Worcestershire,UK) - See all my reviews
This bok covers many topics and is a useful handbook.
The exercises did not work for me as when I tired to make the interiors of the house separate from the shell of the building lines were still attached and there was no information on how to solve this problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 3 Feb 2013
I order this product which turned up very quickly with now problems good value for money. would recommend to others

5.0 out of 5 stars It's so easy, 9 Jan 2013
I thought I had a decent knowledge from my self teaching of Sketchup.

How wrong I was. There are so many shortcuts hints and help in this book. I have been through the whole lot and will no doubt be referring to it again in the future.

This book has made complicated models manageable. It is geared towards Architecture that was ok for me but the techniques can be applied to produce anything.

5.0 out of 5 stars A useful guide, 31 Dec 2012
M. Allen "m214463" (Exeter, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Google SketchUp 8 For Dummies (Kindle Edition)
Google sketch up is a useful and 3d program, with the advantage of being free! There is a help file, but not very user friendly.
I'm still starting to use the book and it's better then a hard copy book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Manual, 3 Dec 2012
Gordon R. Macgregor (UK) - See all my reviews
Not usually a fan of the 'Dummies' series of guide books but will admit that this one is simply excellent. The information is presented well and somewhat wittily but moreover the information is succinct,helpful and informative. At the price you can't go wrong.

5.0 out of 5 stars If there would be a competition for teachers..., 4 Nov 2012
Aidan Chopra should be on the podium. The book is suitable for learning from scratch and for those, who are working in SketchUp already but want to do it faster and better. Very well structured manual with lots of cross-references and video demonstrations.

5.0 out of 5 stars Become a sketchup master !, 14 July 2012
This book is well written and structured well, to bring you from beginner through to a master of sketchup

The online windows which accompany this book - are a great help too.

The book is geared towards and uses architecture for the learning examples, but the author states and as you know, sketchup although heavily geared towards 3D architectural drawings, sketchup can be used for many other things

This is my very first "for dummies" book and I think I have picked a great one.

Congrats must go to the author for his style of writing, and for the thought he has puit into the breakdown of the lessons.

5.0 out of 5 stars Google Sketchup in a day, 11 July 2012
This review is from: Google SketchUp 8 For Dummies (Kindle Edition)
Ok, an intensive day but I modelled my 4 storey house in a day using this book as my mentor. I bought it as an e-book and had it running alongside my laptop as I saw my house grow before my eyes. Excellent step by step guidance, and I didn't need to look at a video. Highly recommended.

Google SketchUp 8 For Dummies