4.0 out of 5 stars Tommee Tippee monitor
I was initially put off by the number of reviews which said that the sensor alarm gave numerous false alarms, but having contacted TT beforehand, who told me as long as it is positioned correctly this should never happen, I went ahead and bought one.

Published on 30 Nov. 2011 by Mark P

1.0 out of 5 stars Overall a huge disappointment
Overall a huge disappointment. We have had two monitors and had problems with both.

Published 3 months ago by Zoe~Jo Moran

4.0 out of 5 stars Tommee Tippee monitor, 30 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Digital Sensor Mat Monitor (Baby Product)

What everyone doesn't mention, is that if you do get false alarms, you can switch the sensor mat off, using the monitor as a standard baby monitor.

I have a wooden slatted cotbed with a sprung mattress, the monitor was placed completely flat (No wobbles) roughly chest height where my baby normally sleeps.

I must say that I have been really impressed by this monitor. It is reassuring listening to the blips of your baby's movements rather than straining your ears trying to listen to your baby's tiny breaths. (I must add that this sensor seems sensitive enough to detect your baby's breathing!)

The clarity is very good, but it doesn't seem to be as sensitive as my old BT monitor (used for my first child).

The battery life seems to be much better though.

In the 6 months I have had this, there have been 2 possible false alarms (Waking to find a flashing red light which means that the alarm had been activated but movement is now being detected, throwing us into panic mode!)

This leads me onto the negatives for this monitor.

The alarm sound level cannot be adjusted, it just seems like it's not loud enough (Although if you pick your baby up, forgetting about the sensor mat, the alarm does get a bit piercing).

And the reassuring blips I mentioned earlier, they cannot be adjusted either, which means at noisier times it is difficult to hear and at bedtime when you are trying to sleep you have random blips constantly going off. (You can turn the sensor tones off and keep the sensor active, but personally I would of preferred the option of keeping them on but with variable levels)

If you are worried about SIDS, then you really can't go wrong with this monitor. For the price of a standard monitor, you have the reassurance that your baby's movements are constantly being detected and will alert you if the unspeakable should ever occur).

Would I recommend this? Definitely.

This would of got the full 5 stars if all sound levels could be adjusted, but overall I am really pleased and I am glad I didn't listen to the negative comments.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tommee Tippee Monitor, 7 May 2011
I purchased this item, as i already had the previous tommee tippee model, but found there was a lot of interference on the monitor. This product is brilliant. The sound is so clear, yet doesnt disturb you at night when baby moves about like the previous monitor. Being able to speak through the monitor is so helpful, as i've been able to calm my son without having to leave my bed. I would rate this as 5 star, and would highly recommend it. So easy to use as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Peace of mind, 21 Feb. 2014
Rhoanne May (UK) - See all my reviews
Great bit of kit. Didn't have a breathing detector with first child and did worry, so much happier now. No false alarms and super easy to use. No complaints at all.

4.0 out of 5 stars Other than that - brilliant. It has blue lights across the top of ..., 10 Jan. 2015
No point having the sensor mat. The times the alarm has gone off and I've gone running into the nursery only to find I have just woken up a previously sleeping baby that merely rolled off the mat...
Other than that - brilliant. It has blue lights across the top of the parent receiver so if the bubba has bedtime music on, or you are crying down, you can turn down the volume all the way and still know if bubba's making noise.
Varied sensitivity and volumes. Talk back is surprisingly useful.
I would save money and go for one without the sensor.

Do not drop the parent receiver. Dropped mine endless times and it doesn't charge properly, cuts out if noise is made when not on the cradle, and makes angry robot noises. - Worked fine beforehand; just a word of warning

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT!!! A MUST, 6 Mar. 2014
Absolutely brilliant, a MUST for any new parent, knowing that your baby is moving gives you such piece of mind

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good would recommend, 7 Mar. 2012
This product is fantastic. Been using this now for the last month and our baby is 8 weeks old now. I like that it tells you the temperature and the price is fantastic considering it is £99.99 in most places. The only concern is the parent monitor. It works but only on the stand. We have messed around with the battery but it still doesnt seem to work without the stand. But we aren't too concerned at the moment as never feel the need to take it off its stand.

1.0 out of 5 stars Overall a huge disappointment, 17 Jan. 2015

The first one was faulty as you couldn't turn the sensor pad off. So overtime we took the baby out of the cot we would have to reset the monitor to stop it from going off. Caused us even more interrupted sleep in the early days. Which we didn't need lol. We rang up amazon who were great and sent us a new unit. This one however appears to have a faulty parent unit. We've only had it a few months and the parent units battery dies very quickly. I can have it on charge all day and it just won't hold its charge. We also fond that the thermometer on both units we had were not accurate.

Again amazon have been great. They are letting us send the unit back and giving us a full refund.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent monitor, great sound, sensible features., 16 Mar. 2015
Great monitor, works very well once you figure out how to set the sensitivity and volume levels at each end. Very clear audio and sensible use of the alert (blue) lights. Batteries last for weeks in the parent handset.
My one and only complaint, if I'm allowed to sully the review with some negativity, is that for some unknown reason it takes a five second key press on the middle of a long rubber button to turn the parent unit on and off. There's no firm "button" that you can feel here, and why such a long keypress? Even the transmitter end can be turned on and off with a shorter keypress (therefore meaning my 2.5 year old can do it. No big deal, we don't need the unit for her anyway).
When our little one was a little one, this worked brilliantly.

5.0 out of 5 stars best product ever made, 21 Jan. 2015
i purchased this product from kiddicare for full price didnt think of looking on here but the mat has been a good investment as my baby was a prem it put our minds at ease there was a couple of times it went off wen she was first home so that panicked us alot but she was fine. now though that she is 8 months old n moves constantly that mat goes off more which we still rush in to her nursery but shes sound alseep. will be trying her without the mat next week as the alarm sometimes wakes her not sure how i would cope though. bottom line this has been the best thing i ever brought and would recommend this to everybody its well worth the full price and even better if u can get it cheaper

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid value for your money, but some annoying details could be engineered out., 25 Sept. 2014
- No on/off switch for motionless alarm in the baby unit.
- Baby unit is quite big (are display and night-light really needed?)
+ Although the baby unit has no charging (fire hazard?) it is nice to have the option for batteries in-case of power cut or no mains available.
+ Adult unit has battery charging and charging stand is well designed
+ Adult unit is pretty convenient to carry - could be flatter though and the belt clip is so-so, but overall positive rating
+ Settings in the menu are simple to understand