4.0 out of 5 stars Tommee Tippee monitor
I was initially put off by the number of reviews which said that the sensor alarm gave numerous false alarms, but having contacted TT beforehand, who told me as long as it is positioned correctly this should never happen, I went ahead and bought one.

Published on 30 Nov. 2011 by Mark P

1.0 out of 5 stars Overall a huge disappointment
Overall a huge disappointment. We have had two monitors and had problems with both.

Published 5 months ago by Zoe~Jo Moran

4.0 out of 5 stars Tommee Tippee monitor, 30 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Digital Sensor Mat Monitor (Baby Product)

What everyone doesn't mention, is that if you do get false alarms, you can switch the sensor mat off, using the monitor as a standard baby monitor.

I have a wooden slatted cotbed with a sprung mattress, the monitor was placed completely flat (No wobbles) roughly chest height where my baby normally sleeps.

I must say that I have been really impressed by this monitor. It is reassuring listening to the blips of your baby's movements rather than straining your ears trying to listen to your baby's tiny breaths. (I must add that this sensor seems sensitive enough to detect your baby's breathing!)

The clarity is very good, but it doesn't seem to be as sensitive as my old BT monitor (used for my first child).

The battery life seems to be much better though.

In the 6 months I have had this, there have been 2 possible false alarms (Waking to find a flashing red light which means that the alarm had been activated but movement is now being detected, throwing us into panic mode!)

This leads me onto the negatives for this monitor.

The alarm sound level cannot be adjusted, it just seems like it's not loud enough (Although if you pick your baby up, forgetting about the sensor mat, the alarm does get a bit piercing).

And the reassuring blips I mentioned earlier, they cannot be adjusted either, which means at noisier times it is difficult to hear and at bedtime when you are trying to sleep you have random blips constantly going off. (You can turn the sensor tones off and keep the sensor active, but personally I would of preferred the option of keeping them on but with variable levels)

If you are worried about SIDS, then you really can't go wrong with this monitor. For the price of a standard monitor, you have the reassurance that your baby's movements are constantly being detected and will alert you if the unspeakable should ever occur).

Would I recommend this? Definitely.

This would of got the full 5 stars if all sound levels could be adjusted, but overall I am really pleased and I am glad I didn't listen to the negative comments.

5.0 out of 5 stars Peace of mind, 21 Feb. 2014
Rhoanne May (UK) - See all my reviews
Great bit of kit. Didn't have a breathing detector with first child and did worry, so much happier now. No false alarms and super easy to use. No complaints at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tommee Tippee Monitor, 7 May 2011
I purchased this item, as i already had the previous tommee tippee model, but found there was a lot of interference on the monitor. This product is brilliant. The sound is so clear, yet doesnt disturb you at night when baby moves about like the previous monitor. Being able to speak through the monitor is so helpful, as i've been able to calm my son without having to leave my bed. I would rate this as 5 star, and would highly recommend it. So easy to use as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars LIFE SAVER, 20 Dec. 2012
This item saved my daughters life today. she didnt make any noise so i wudnt have heard her. the monitor alerted me to her not breathing. we were rushed to hosp in an ambulance and thank God shes ok! Do NOT be without a sensor pad - theres no price for a childs life x

1.0 out of 5 stars Overall a huge disappointment, 17 Jan. 2015

The first one was faulty as you couldn't turn the sensor pad off. So overtime we took the baby out of the cot we would have to reset the monitor to stop it from going off. Caused us even more interrupted sleep in the early days. Which we didn't need lol. We rang up amazon who were great and sent us a new unit. This one however appears to have a faulty parent unit. We've only had it a few months and the parent units battery dies very quickly. I can have it on charge all day and it just won't hold its charge. We also fond that the thermometer on both units we had were not accurate.

Again amazon have been great. They are letting us send the unit back and giving us a full refund.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good monitor, 28 April 2015
Amazon customer (London) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
The monitor is straightforward to operate and is very user friendly. I noticed the battery runs down quickly when using the under mattress mat and you need to keep it on the cradle all night to keep it working.

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid value for your money, but some annoying details could be engineered out., 25 Sept. 2014
- No on/off switch for motionless alarm in the baby unit.
- Baby unit is quite big (are display and night-light really needed?)
+ Although the baby unit has no charging (fire hazard?) it is nice to have the option for batteries in-case of power cut or no mains available.
+ Adult unit has battery charging and charging stand is well designed
+ Adult unit is pretty convenient to carry - could be flatter though and the belt clip is so-so, but overall positive rating
+ Settings in the menu are simple to understand

3.0 out of 5 stars Monitor great but sensor pad possibly unreliable, 18 Mar. 2013
Used the sensor pad in the moses basket initially (though I don't think you are supposed to). Found it reassuring that movement was being monitored so it helped me sleep well. However, one day it started going off in the night which nearly gave us a heart attack. Started doing this quite frequently which was quite alarming. Baby seemed to be ok each time though. In the end we had to stop using it because of all the false alarms. Because we had used it for so long, we had become quite dependent on it, so suddenly not using it anymore made me quite panicky. Wished we had never used the sensor pad...even when baby transferred to a cot bed, it didn't work properly. However, the monitor itself is great. The 2-way talk system is useful if one of you is upstairs with baby and your partner is downstairs and you want a drink making/bringing up to the room whilst you're stuck feeding baby! The thermometer is also useful, as is the night light. Need to keep it charged on the base unit frequently though otherwise the battery runs low.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works so well, 23 July 2012
We bought this about 2 months before the birth of our baby girl, and i am now in a position to write a proper review for the product.

I have to say for the price it is excellent, it fits absolutely fine under our daughter and the little green light flashes every time she moves, and if you want to the click function on the parent unit works well as well although you can switch this off very easily. You can also adjust the sensitivity of the unit from the parent part too.

The two way function also works very well indeed probably down to the digital nature of the product and both parts can either be battery powered or mains powered which will save on batteries.

All in all, i would recommend these over the others of a more expensive price, i have looked at most of the others as the family have a little array of them for their own new arrivals and they are a bit jealous of the features we have got.

Why spend loads when this cost effective product works just as well if not better.

3.0 out of 5 stars the sensor mat is ok it can't be used in a Moses basket so those first few weeks where you would like to use it you can't not un, 25 Aug. 2014
This monitor is OK, the sensor mat is ok it can't be used in a Moses basket so those first few weeks where you would like to use it you can't not until baby goes in their cot as it needs to lie on a hard flat surface, my parent monitor always Buzz's I've tried every way to stop the buzzing even when I contacted TT and they told me how to stop it it didn't work, so I have to keep the volume low and keep my eye on the monitor for when the lights flash