Colour Name: Black|Size: QTY 1|Change
Price:£3.71+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on 14 March 2014
Yeah, it works. Just bear in mind what SORT of DVI connection this is. There are two main types, DVI-I and DVI-D. This is a dual link (they all are now), DVI-I This means there are four extra pins so it wont fit in a DVI-D (have a look on google images for simple schematics). Any decent graphics card will have both, but if you only have one DVI slot, or one already in use - be sure to check which type of connection you need.

In summary: good quality DVI-I to VGA connector. Bit pricey but that's in the build quality.
on 21 October 2012
This pretty inexpensive product made my cheap VGA-only 1920x1080 LCD monitor work flawlessly with a DVI graphics board plug, allowing me to have 2 similar monitors connected simultaneously (the other one on the native VGA out).
on 25 June 2010
Having a modern video card and yet still an old CRT display I found myself seeking a bridge until I can afford to update my monitor also. This was the perfect solution. Worked perfectly. What is there to complain about? Simply plug it into the newer DVI socket and connect the older D-sub cable to the adapter. Very pleased.
on 23 August 2010
Works fine to connect a second monitor. The graphic card on the computer I use has one DVI and one VGA connector. The monitors only work properly if both are connected via the analog (VGA) signal. Adapter works fine to achieve this as it carries both the digital and the analog signal.
on 12 April 2012
I have two VGA monitors and my graphics card has one VGA port and one DVI Port and one HDMI port so of course i needed both monitors working.

This adapter bridges the vga to dvi and everything is 100% great.
The product is well made also it's not a cheap design.
on 5 March 2015
This is not a DVI-D to VGA adapter. It is not advertise as a DVI-D to VGA adapter. A DVI-D port (interface) does not have 2 pins per side of the blade. The image clearly shows 2 pins per side of the blade - so it cannot be a DVI-D. 1 star reviewers should first google 'DVI types' to clarify before showing ignorance. It works perfectly as advertised - DVI (DVI-I) to VGA.
A DVI-D to VGA adapters that look like the normal DVI to VGA adapter will not work* (for further information see internet search engine of choice). It should look like the 'StarTech DVI-D to VGA active adapter converter cable'(copy and paste for review)**.
* These are being sold on amazon - I doubt all sellers are ignorant of this fact.
** Cheaper options are available.
on 12 March 2011
i got this product so that i could dual screen my computer. as one of the connectors on my graphics card was not the right type.

this little piece did exactly what i wanted it to aand arrive very quickly.
on 28 February 2016
Works as it should! I bought a new computer base unit not realising that it didn't have the right input for my old but reliable monitor.

I looked at new monitors then stumbled across this little bundle of joy. No setup or specialist knowledge needed, just plug and play.

A very cheap addition to get some extra years out of existing hardware!
Would buy again without hesitation
on 16 July 2013
No doubt a fine adapter, but very difficult to tighten (or loosen!) the screws that secure the DVI plug when connected to its socket counterpart. The poor design provides adequate room for neither one's fingers nor a screwdriver. I'm looking for a replacement that involves a length of cable between the DVI and VGA parts. I would not buy this again, nor would I recommend it.
on 5 February 2016
Completely ineffective and worthless for DVI adapter to VGA monitor. I subsequently found that DVI-D needs an active component to create the VGA signal to output to the monitor, such as Camac DVI-D 24+1 (Male) Dual Link Source of PC/Laptop to VGA (Female) Monitor / TV Cable Active Adapter Converter Lead (DVI-D to VGA M/F), ***Power Free*** - Black