Platform: PC/Mac|Edition: Standard|Format: Box|Change

on 28 February 2011
Well, I got this as soon as it came out, since I have every other expansion pack for Sims 3.

Off the bat, I have to say that I'm a total Sims 3 player. I love the game, and am completely hooked.

That being said, I'm not sure that we really gain anything of significance with this expansion pack - except for a new BBQ outside. I mean, hey, I love a good BBQ, but I was hoping for more. Okay, sure, you get a new TV as well, that you're encouraged to put outside - but lets be fair, if you're gonna pay that much for the TV, you're gonna put it inside your house. It doesn't rain in the game (unlike on Sims 2 with the Seasons pack), so really, you could put any TV outside - you don't need a special one.

The new hottubs were quite a nice feature, I found. It adds a bit more variation on the external themes you can have outside in your garden.

I still love the game, and this expansion doesn't really give you lots of new stuff to play with, but it adds a few new items you can play with in your garden. Overall, 4/5.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 4 February 2011
This is the third stuff pack for the The Sims 3 (PC/Mac DVD) and although it isn't an actual expansion pack, thus not a significant addition to gameplay, it is an interesting addition to our little Sims' lifestyle.

Basically, it is what it says; a staff pack and nothing more. In my opinion, it is a lot better then the first one: The Sims 3: Design and Hi-Tech Stuff (PC/Mac DVD), which I didn't like at all, and not as good as the second: The Sims 3: Fast Lane Stuff (PC DVD), which was a bit more then just new stuff.

The main addition is a variety of garden furniture that can also be placed indoors and some kitchen appliances, hot tubs, outdoor lights, some fireplaces, a new telescope, and some nice decorations to use outdoors. The only thing I actually liked were the new clothes, but they are not that many anyway, and there is only one hairstyle. After Fast Lane, I expected something better and I am rather disappointed as the items are very few and not that great. I didn't regret getting this, but perhaps I should have made a selection of objects from the store instead.

This stuff pack was easy to install to my PC and so far it didn't cause any problems to my gameplay.
on 11 February 2011
This pack is okay, I like the stuff but there's not alot in it. I am glad that I didn't £10 for it, but on the plus side it fixed the problems that were caused by the Late Night Expansion Pack. So for that reason it was worth it.
on 6 February 2011
This is probably the best stuff pack that EA have released for the Sims 3, but that isn't really saying much seeing as the last two were simply terrible. The first one, The Sims 3: Design and Hi-Tech Stuff (PC/Mac DVD) only provided further variations of items that you already had, with the exception of the 10th anniversary items. The second one (The Sims 3: Fast Lane Stuff (PC DVD)) somehow managed to be even worse than the first and only provided a handful of ugly cars and some junk items that you'll likely never use. If you're a massive Sims 3 fan, you should know about Fresh Prince Creations which has a larger selection of much nicer cars for the game (and they're free!).

This game still doesn't give you many additional objects, but it does provide several "new" items rather than more variations of what you already get in the base game (such as the outdoor kitchen appliances). As for the items that provide more variation in your collection of buy-mode stuff, well... they're actually quite nice!

The new hot tubs are better than the ones from Late Night (different sizes are now available too), and the outdoor furniture is much nicer than anything that the base game had to offer, although it does take a while to find it all as I initially thought there were only 15 new objects. If you have downloaded "Los Aniegos" world from the Sims 3 exchange, this expansion pack fits perfectly with the Californian summer theme.

So if you're thinking of buying a stuff pack for your Sims 3 game, I would recommend this one above the other two. It's still not that great (I always find that they never offer enough new items) and you no longer get the game guide with it, but if you already have all the expansion packs and you really want to treat your Sims to some new items then this stuff pack will be less disappointing than the other two.
on 18 February 2013
I find sims 3 a very exciting game to play and I would recommend it. However, I don't think this pack is as good as some of the others.
It did have quite a lot of stuff in it, but didn't really add anything of importance. It added a few hairstyles, clothes, and then (like the name) a lot of stuff for the outdoors. Like these bubbly bath spa things that they can woohoo in, and lots of BBQ stuff.
If you are looking for big improvements, no don't get this. However; if you are looking for a few items to make your game a little better then do!
(please note, you need the sims 3 base game to be able to use this!)
on 24 June 2013
Thank you Amazon for delivering this so quickly! The stuff pack is great as it adds a bunch of really awesome objects for my garden and anything "outdoorsy". Only thing is these stuff packs tend to have roughly half as many objects as those in The Sims 2 Stuff Packs, but hey, I'm still happy with my purchase. :)
on 1 July 2013
I was very excited to receive my product and was really excited when it came through the door a couple of days later! I got all 4 I ordered at once so i was overwhelmed with excitement! They all work perfectly fine and was exactly what I ordered.. Brand new, unopened! Thank you! One very happy customer! :)
on 4 February 2012
I keep asking myself, 'What is it that keeps me buying these?'
I've brought almost everything they've released, enjoyed them thoroughly. But I've been left with the feeling that two and three to date are really just one, badly remade. Each had it's good bit's. Sims One was a classic, I played two copies to death. The Sims Two had better graphics and seasons, but it lacked the long term playability of the first and was riddled with glitches and bugs that were never properly fixed.
The Sims Three is an interesting game but to date has had almost none of the broken code fixed, and has some serious game anomolies and badly thought out game dynamics. So I'd suggest that you only invest in these extra packs if you really, really like The Sims Three, have had a glitch free Sims Three so far or feel you are definitely going to use everything in the pack. Otherwise it's just a waste of money.
I guess I'm just addicted:)
on 4 January 2014
Unfortunately I had to return this product twice as the despatched item was the french version not the English version ordered. Very frustrating as the item was purchased as a gift for Christmas, although great customer service during the returns procedure.
on 27 February 2012
Wow this game has great quality but it dose bring a small bug when you are creating a sim.If you install a new stuff pack then its normal.The pack i installed was late night, it may work with other disks but overall GREAT!
ENJOY!!!!!