Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.09

on 1 January 2011
Beautifully sung collection of tracks which show the sweetness and gentleness of a voice which at times demonstrates a quite remarkable power. Highlights are definitely Bring Him Home for which he received a standing ovation during the Les Miserables O2 concert that stopped the show mid point and the duet with Kerry Ellis which trips your heart. It's stunning!! This man sure knows how to sing a love song.
Alfie Boe is new to the world of Musical Theatre but so very quickly has established a place of prominence and this album gives but a taste of his talent but enough of one for this fan of MT voices to put this album on repeat.
This album showcases Alfie's voice, neither of his duet partners, the choir or the music itself is any more than an accompaniment to his vocals I felt. The same cannot be said of many albums, a great job done by the production team too.
11 comment|170 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 January 2011
I had seen Alfie Boe perform on TV in the Les Miserables celebration at the O2 and decided to get his CD. What a wonderful voice this man has. Great songs from everyone's favaourite musicals. Alfie Boe is truely gifted with a wonderful voice.
on 22 April 2011
Alfie Boe has all the colour, fullness and richness of a tenor 10 years his senior. Lucky for us, he's only in his late 30s so there'll be lots of music to come.
I enjoy almost every tune on this CD - 10/12. Two of the pieces I had never heard before and they have become favourites. Of course, "Bring Him Home" from Les Mis" can't be beat for its power and beauty and Alfie Boe gives us such a sweet, ringing note at its end. This song alone is reason enough to buy the CD. Then when you have it, you can discover your favourite songs.
on 3 January 2011
I've only just recently discovered the awesome Alfie Boe after seeing him on the 25th Anniversary DVD of Les Miserables, which I received as a Christmas gift. I was so completely blown away with his amazing voice that when I noticed he'd just released this album, I just had to buy a copy and I am SO not disappointed. This is a wonderful collection of well known show tunes and a couple of duets too. Loved the duet with Matt Lucas singing 'The Impossible Dream'. I can't recommend this album highly enough, something I shall play again and again and again.
on 3 January 2011
Stunning album from a proper singer. Love the record. Glad that people are finally getting to know Alfie Boe, possibly after his 5 minute standing ovation at The 02. Choice of songs is fabulous. I love the title track, "Bring Him Home" of course, but the two duets are amazing too. Its an album that just gets better and better the more you listen. "Hushabye Mountain", "Some Enchanted Evening" "On The Street where you Live" "Come What May"................Alfie has possibly the best voice around and this collection of songs really shows his wonderful talent. This is an album I won't stop playing. Just fabulous !!
on 5 August 2011
This CD does not disappoint. It is everything it promises to be.
Music can make you smile, think and even cry with emotion.
Would thoroughly recommend this CD, brilliant.
on 27 May 2012
Wish I'd taken a little bit of time in looking at the selection of songs before buying this c.d.

I really love the sound of Alfie Boe but was a little disappointed in the choice of music. Why on earth is there a duet with Matt Lucas.....truly awful and sounds like a pub karaoke player singing with the wonderful Alfie. It is unbelievably awful and I really have to push the skip button each time it comes on.

Apart from that I would say it is OK but certainly not his finest.
on 27 June 2011
Purchased this album after hearing him on the 25th Anniversary Les Miserables DVD. Great to hear Bring Him Home and some other classic songs. I particularly like the duet with Matt Lucas :-)
on 16 November 2012
Rather disappointed the selection of songs a better selection of songs would have made a more successful CD with easier listening. Many of these songs have been recorded better by other artists.
on 12 January 2011
Any music recorded by Alfie Boe is well worth purchasing be it CD or DVD, and his latest CD is no exception. A fine selection of memorable show songs are included on this album and as always, are sung beautifully by Britain's favourite tenor.
Difficult to choose favourites as each song is a gem in its own right, but personal favourites are title track 'Bring Him Home' from Les Miserables, 'Tell Me It's Not True' from Blood Brothers, and 'Hushabye Mountain'from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.
I definitely recommend this album to anyone who enjoys musicals and impeccable singing, in fact everyone should 'take him home'!