on 13 January 2016
Great value. Solid set with almost everything you need. No stainless steel tot measure included but I ordered one for a couple of quid. This was a Xmas gift for my son who wanted a Boston shaker similar to the type they use in the cocktail bar where he works. He said this was very comparable.
on 21 November 2013
Nice set, tin and glass are great quality, strainer and muddler are good.
Only let down is the spoon, its awful, cheap and I threw it away and ordered a better one but set it still great value!
I use it every weekend in the bar and it seems like it will last a good while.
on 4 March 2016
Great quality and at a good price. Just what I wanted as my previous cocktail kit was cheap, and boy could you tell. The spoon I received (as there seems to be a difference of opinion on reviews) is in my case, exactly as the photo. Hic !
on 24 November 2012
This item was exactly as I expected it and in a very good price. Arrived really fast and in excellent condition. The muddler especially is of the highest quality. I recommend this deal for someone who wants a good shaker for mixing coctails at home, but cannot spend a ton of money to buy top notch items
on 5 November 2013
I purchased this as part of a gift, and was slightly disappointed with the packaging (scruffy cardboard box filled with polystyrene) - the actual kit looks good, just have to buy a box for it all now.
on 22 August 2015
Received ahead of schedule. I was originally a little worried about quality, but everything is up to professional standard. Muddler has a nice weight to it, tin and glass are great quality items the spoon matched the picture and is also top notch. I would buy, and probably will buy, again (Always good to have 2 shakers). Thanks for helping me get great items at a great price!
on 21 May 2016
I should have reviewed this item a loooong time ago. I've got to say for the price (currently £13.99), you simply cannot go wrong if you are looking to start mixing drinks at home. This set has pretty much everything you need apart from a jigger (measuring cup).

THE PROS
- The boston shaker is of very decent quality, sturdy design and just works.
- The mixing glass has fairly thick walls to withstand all the ice colliding while shaking.
- The barspoon is exactly as pictured and is of surprisingly good quality with a small muddler attachment for muddling sugar etc.
- The hawthorne strainer is what you would expect for the price. Not a very fine mesh strain but absolutely acceptable.

THE CONS
- The muddler is entirely made of plastic and fairly cheap looking. Also no guarantee that it is made of food safe plastic.

As you can see the pros definitely outweigh the cons.
I have made literally hundreds of cocktails with this thing and it's still going strong. If that's not value for money I don't know what is.

Highly recommended for just making cocktails at home for fun or budding mixologists.
on 15 July 2013
I'm an ex bartender. Bought this due to me being hired to give a cocktail master class. I already own a few shakers just wanted to top up my kit. It's all top quality, just what I have used in bars. Not a lot to say. Just if you're looking for a pro bar kit you'll be happy with this. The shaker and Boston glass alone are worth the money.
on 11 January 2011
These items are very good quality, very pleased. Bar Equiptment Direct were efficient and helpful, replied straight away, sorted any problems. Would definately recommend. Thank you :)
on 21 January 2014
all the nesecery bits (except for spirit measures) for shaking your favourite drinks :-)
just have to be careful that the steel top goes on straight to get a good seel also bought a 50/25 ml spirit measure to complete the set