on 1 July 2011
The remote is 100% genuine and works a treat. The Magic Eye is easy to set up as long as you know what you are doing. The first thing to do is access the 'hidden' installation menu on your sky box. This is done by pressing the following buttons: Services > 4 0 1 > Select

Now, simply navigate down to the RF Outlet Power Supply option and set this option to 'ON'.

Then connect your long coaxial cable (the one that will connect to the second TV) to the RF2 output of the SKY digital receiver. Next, connect the SKY Magic Eye to this long cable. Lastly, connect a coaxial lead to the other end of the SKY Magic Eye and then to the aerial input of thesecond TV.

Once all connected, the SKY Magic Eye should have it's power LED illuminated which indicates that all is working. If it is not, refer to the top of this page for setting the 9V output to RF2 from the SKY Digital receiver.

If you do not get a picture or the picture is poor it could be that the channel being used for the RF output on the Sky box is clashing with another broadcast channel. Try changing the RF output channel on a Sky Digibox by:

Press the [SERVICES] button and then press [4] [0] [1] then [SELECT]. Then press [4] to go to the RF output menu. You can now change the value so that it does not clash with an analogue TV channel or a Freeview multiplex.

Once you have changed the Sky boxes RF output to another channel remember to rescan the TV to enable the new channel number to be received.

Easy when you know how and hope it helps.
on 22 March 2011
There are a lot of Sky+ remotes listed on Amazon which can make the choice rather confusing. This product appears to be the genuine article, i.e. exactly the same as the remote that came with my Sky+ box and not a cheap imitation. Within 2 minutes I had the remote set up for my TV and was able to use the full functions of Sky+ again. This was much cheaper than going direct to Sky. Great customer service from BuyMe as well as they responded to a query before purchase within 5 minutes of my email.
on 14 June 2011
Thanks to the other positive reviewers we purchased this remote for sky+ and are not disappointed in any way. It arrived within 48hrs of purchase. The eye is an additional bonus but will not be used until ours eventually fails. The quality is excellent and latest version too. There were comments about programming the remote to sync with the TV. We have 3 x different makes of TV and we literally removed it from the packet, put batteries in and it worked on all three TV's without having to do anything at all. Great buy 10/10.
on 22 April 2011
Even after installing new batteries, my existing control was playing up and very erratic making even basic functions very difficult, so I ordered this one. However, as often happens with inanimate objects, as soon as the new one arrived the existing one decided to work properley! The new one was good value and appears to be fine, and I'm sure will do a good job when it's called into action in future.
on 9 June 2011
The remote works fine and it's a good replacement for my official Sky one. In fact I think it's made better as the battery cover on my Sky remote never really clicked in to place. one negative point though is that I never got the magic eye - although if I'm honest, I don't remember that being part of the package. Great prompt service by the way.
on 5 April 2011
Ordered on Sunday, got it tuesday. had a few proplems getting it to work with my technika tv. Buyme put me onto a great site to find the right code. great service at the right price.
on 28 June 2013
Replaced my one and looks like an original not a cheap replacement. Very happy, if anything the buttons are more responsive then my original one.
on 23 November 2011
Product received on time and well packaged

Support from Buyme to ensure the right codes to sync the remote and Sky Box ... EXCELLENT

Chris
on 6 December 2012
Does exactly what it should - would definitely recommend. Easy to set up, instructions are straight forward & easy to follow.
on 8 September 2011
I purchased a new TV and my SKY remote would not work with the new set. I therfore had to update, does the job.