5.0 out of 5 stars Best present ever
Published on 5 Jan 2012 by Jen

3.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant but flawed
I really liked this bottle.

Published 17 months ago by Farren

3.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant but flawed, 8 Feb 2013
This review is from: Red and White Waterbottle Thirst Extinguisher (Kitchen & Home)
I really liked this bottle.

First of all there are a lot of good design features. It's long and slim which for my satchel makes it easy to slide in. The opening at the top is wider than your standard metal bottle meaning it's easier to fill up and the screw thread is small so it's quicker to unscrew; small features but appreciated. The screwtop however is genius. The straw pivots to open and close via a handy plastic nib. My nib broke in the first week unfortunately since the straw was opened fully and I knocked the bottle over. It still works ok though so I don't mind. The black part of the screw top makes it easy to hold the bottle or to hook the bottle onto something via a karabiner. Overall the design is great and so much better than the standard screwtop without a straw. I definitely drink more because of this convenient feature!

Cons:

If the straw isn't fully closed the bottle can drip. Indeed this occurred in my bag a couple times by accident soaking all my notes. I was not pleased. But this can be avoided with care.

The major con I have however is that after 3 months of daily use the bottle now leaks when closed. Water drips out from where the straw pivots which basically means I can't take it anywhere. Fortunately from ringing up the Amazon helpline today I've been offered a refund and will be returning it. I will be buying another one because the functional design is just unsurpassed. I can only hope this fault was a one off.

Well worth it if it doesn't become faulty.

* Further to my initial criticism of it leaking I've found the exact cause of the problem upon buying a new one. In the screwtop there is a tiny hole designed to intake air allowing for suction - hence the whooshing noise. Now, when open the bottle will leak slightly. This is not a problem since on the underside of the straw there is a small rubber plug so that when the straw is closed it seals the hole. My old bottle appears to be missing this crucial component, perhaps this is due to poor adhesive or material and it has come off in normal use, or it never had one in the first place. I'll never know. But if your bottle is leaking when the straw is fully closed, this will no doubt be the cause.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best present ever, 5 Jan 2012
I love this bottle, the best present I have ever received. I've never been able to drink and walk at the same time which has become more of a problem since taking up running. This bottle has a straw built in so you don't have to tip it up - genius. It's so entertaining to use that I find I'm drinking a lot more water now too. And another bonus - I get seriously envious looks in meetings at work. Definitely recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish and funky, 15 Feb 2012
I had read a couple of poor reviews of this product which may have put me off making the purchase, but I had a friend who had one so had seen it first hand. I am so pleased I did because I love the quirky design. The sip lid has a plastic straw and you have to make sure the opening is fully extended or you will not draw the liquid very well. I made that mistake! it is easy to wash and although it is not insulated, the metal canister keeps drinks cool. My friend now has the silver design and they also do a purple one. I may well be getting another in the near future.
Oh, one more thing... shop around. The postage costs vary hugely as does the product cost.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazeballs, 15 July 2012
Great product for the person who doesn't conform to the norm. Brilliant design, perfect size for hikes and to use in the office and delivered extremely promptly.

5.0 out of 5 stars an interesting find, 21 Jan 2012
This bottle is bigger than I thought! but is really well made and very functional. Lots of comments about it and would buy another

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Fantastic!, 15 Mar 2011
This product is better than it looks on the image. I bought it out of pure fascination to be completely honest,it is light and clearly durable which and it is - amazing! would recommend to absolutely anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 7 July 2013
The product is well made and fit for purpose. I use it every week and it has never let me down.

5.0 out of 5 stars An unusual, quirky product that gets a lot of attention., 7 July 2013
Well, it's different. A drink bottle that looks like a fire extinguisher. comes with a built in straw so you don't have to take the top off to drink. The straw only allows liquid through when in the vertical position and seals when lowered, so it doesn't leak. Very well made and very distinctive. Be ready to get quizical comments from onlookers when you're using it. It's easy to dismantle and keep clean.
It's not a thermos though, so the contents will get warm if exposed to direct sunlight like on a bicycle plus, being red, it tends to draw more warmth into it than the alternative silver one. One of my friends has a silver one and that stays cooler for longer. It also helps if you keep it in a fridge before use. If you buy one, a donation is made to Water Aid so you're contributing to a good cause.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great novelty item, 30 Jun 2013
Great water bottle, wanted something fun at work and this fitted the bill. Solid design, easy to clean, does make some noise when drinking from it but barely noticeable. Good conversation starter, would recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this product...., 12 April 2013
I love this water bottle. Great product I bought one in red and one in silver for the gym! Great way to store water as plastic is not meant to be good for you, holds 600ml and has a hard plastic flip up drinking spout that links to a straw that's in the bottle. I love it.