on 8 November 2011
This blurb promoting this book makes the following claim:
"Print Length: 288 pages."

I bought it on this basis, and was shocked to discover that it consists of only one short story. The story is fine, of course, but I was led to believe I was buying the whole book, not this one-story rip-off. Don't make the same mistake as me, buy the whole book from a respectable vendor.
on 18 September 2011
This is just one short story about everyone's favourite schoolboy, Just William.
It should be in a collection, not on its own as it is so short.
on 12 June 2013
Throughly enjoyed reading a book where a naughty child was just that, and not psychoalaysed to death nor suffering any angst over his actions.
on 16 February 2014
The Just William books are a hilarious series about a boy of 11 who has numerous adventures with the Outlaws (his gang of friends). This book is about William's new years day.
In this book William gets to own a sweet shop for the day! This was a good book, but the reason I gave it 4 stars is because it was very short.
on 14 May 2013
Bought this as a short read, finished it that same night. The William stories are still as funny now as they were when I was a child. Very well written, appeals both to children and adults. Loved it.
on 4 May 2014
Having reviewed the other William books available, I've nothing to add. They are all written in the same vein in an era of childhood innocence and mischief and the characters are likeable and amusing.
on 5 July 2014
I was horrified to discover this book consists of only one short story. Definitely not worth buying. I thought it would be a normal length Just William book, i.e. 9 or 10 short stories.
on 3 April 2015
I chose this rating because it's funny and reminds me of being that age
I wood recommend this book to young people age 9+ my boy loved it as he loved the tv episodes
on 26 July 2013
I think the story just needed that extra twist to make it more unlikely to the predictable ending that came at the end!! Overall good book!!
on 15 February 2011
Very good read, especially for the children at bedtime, as it is made up of short stories.
This particular version was via the Kindle shop, so benefits from being portable and accessible, and probably less likely to be 'liberated' by another 'Just William' fan !