5.0 out of 5 stars An absolute sweatfest
Published on 12 Sep 2011 by Amazon Customer

2.0 out of 5 stars Not so good
This dvd is not very good. Just a crazy bloke in weird socks doing more or less the same exercise over and over again you will find better on you tube. Don't waste your money.
Published 11 months ago by steve

5.0 out of 5 stars An absolute sweatfest, 12 Sep 2011
This review is from: Ultimate Cardio Body Extreme Weight Loss Workout [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC] (DVD)
I got this after I bought "pure burn super strength" because that is massively hard and I like workouts that do a lot in a little time (ok so this is an hour long - but its a highly efficient use of an hour). This is (in my opinion) not quite as hard as "pure burn" for the simple reason that there are less agonising weights/core moves (and no squat thrusts which I seriously hate to do but know they're great for me!), but having said that it does exactly what it says - sends your heart rate on a total roller coaster from start to finish.

The format is simple a five min or so warm up then into a long lunge/squat series with upper body moves and plyometrics which gradually build your heart rate to express train levels then bring you back down with some slower upper body moves (biceps,shoulders and back) then build up again with more plyometrics/jacks/jumping lunges/high knees and so on. There are a few more modifications in this (but not that many so beginners beware!) but the thing I love about it is that there's no racing through the moves so you can perfectly control them without the form suffering but still get your heart rate pounding. (I don't know about anyone else but sometimes I find keeping up with the lung speed on some DVDs just means you never quite get low enough or if you do you end up with rubbish form).

Bob has a slightly less aggressive/gung-ho style in this than "pure strength" but still drives and goads and encourages you along. Despite there being a time clock on the screen and little bings to tell you when you're 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 of the way through the time does seem to go quick and though its tough it is enjoyable.

Yet again when this arrived (I ordered mine from all your music) it turned out to actually be region 0 so played on my regular uk DVD player just fine, and also yet again I've ordered another one of Bobs DVDs to add to my rapidly increasing collection - I like to mix up my training as much as possible so that I never get comfortable or bored with any of my favourite workouts - and this will be joining the list of my favourites!

4.0 out of 5 stars This is better!!, 31 May 2011
SylviaJean (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
This is the second Bob Harper dvd I have bought. I previously reviewed Body Rev Cardio Conditioning, which was disappointing for me as I didn't find it very effective. However this workout is in my opinion a big improvement. It still isn't the most cardio-effective but a great workout nonetheless, enjoyable and I dripped with sweat. The format is non-stop exercises for a full hour (the warm-up and cooldown are practically non-existant so I do my own) alternating between weight work and short bursts of cardio. It does amuse me that the young (very fit looking)guy in the back struggles with quite a few of the exercises and Bob really winds him up! Recommended for rotation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bob Harper Ultimate Cardio, 16 April 2012
Seemed easy at first. Definitely lost weight through sweating! The 10 minute Glute Challenge sneaks up on you too. Classic Bob!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow.....love you Bob!, 17 Feb 2012
Amazing workout. Very tough if you put in 100% and why wouldn't you really? A full on 60 minutes of tough strength and cardio with some great moves. Bob is just as encouraging as usual. Get this DVD if you want a tough workout that'll leave you feeling brilliant....but smashed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lose weight and build lean muscle or go home, 17 July 2013
book_thief (Herts, England) - See all my reviews
Another great one from Bob, an absolute sweat fest. Some people who review fit DVD care about the studio setting and background music- well I couldn't tell you much about either of those things because I was too busy working my butt off to even notice.

Unlike Jillian Michaels who I cannot stand, Bob is motivational throughout and I love when he repeats: "keep going. KEEP. GOING."

The DVD starts with a short warm up which is basically some stretches and then it "gently" eases you into the workout. There are squats, jumping weighted squats, arm presses, planks, mountain climbers, sumo squats... I would say there is an equal concentration on both the arm and leg exercises which were split into sets, repeated twice. I thought I might find this annoying as I don't like when the instructors make up one set and then have you repeat it over and over again until you feel like falling over with boredom- but to be honest I didn't find it a problem on this DVD- Bob only repeats the sets twice and there is plenty to keep you occupied- like wiping the sweat off your brow!

The last 5 minutes of the workout just before you go into the cooldown are very tough- it's all about the finish line, baby!! Never have I been so happy to hear the words "this is your last jump!"

One thing I did notice though is that there is no floor work- all ab exercices are done standing up.

All in all, the DVD is great fun, very hard to to do but not undoable and Bob did a wonderful job once again. I have his other kettlebell exercise DVD which are brilliant too.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great cardio workout with the incorporation of weights, 12 Jun 2013
I have been using Jillian Michaels exercise dvd's for a while and have loved them. I was however, getting a bit bored. After reading the reviews I decided to try out this dvd to give my routine a bit of a change. I'm glad I did. I love the fact that weights are incorporated throughout the workout, it really has improved my upper arm strength. Bob is very motivating and explains the proper form of each move. It also helps to have the clock on the screen, so you can see how long you have left til the end.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it too, 8 Mar 2013
This workout is not for the feint hearted its hard sweaty and well worth the purchase you won't regret it

5.0 out of 5 stars Evil.....but SO good....., 31 May 2012
Amazing.....I am quickly getting addicted to Bob's way of working because his attitude is totally different from anything I've seen on a fitness DVD before; he's like 'yeah, this is really hard, but you bought it, so let's just get on with it'. There's none of that bootcamp feel, nor is it like a girly workout class. It's tough stuff and I still haven't been able to get through the whole hour without stopping at least twice (but then, I have zero cardio stamina which is why I bought this!).

It's hard, but it'll break through the lull everyone falls into when doing the same sort of workouts for a period of time. People may get put off by his gung-ho, 'take no prisoners' (and give no breaks!!) style though. Like the others that have reviewed this I'd definitely say that you'd need a fair level of fitness to do this otherwise it would just be demoralising. I definitely couldn't do it everyday (like Bob says/recommends) and I'm at a fairly okay level of fitness.

Personally, it's given me something to aim for (to reach the bloody end of the workout without stopping/feeling sick/dying), and is definitely melting the chub off by doing it twice a week combvined with 'Pure Burn, Super Strength' (which is also just as evil), Jillian Michaels and Tae-Bo when I want to go easy on myself (HA! never thought I'd say that!!). I'd go so far as to say that, having now purchased all of Bob's DVDs, I can't really see the need to get into the Insanity package sitting in my lounge as I get both strength & cardio AND an incredible sense of achievement when I do reach the end. For anyone who, like me, doesn't really get attracted to the rigid structure of programmes such as Insanity or P90X, I would recmmend getting the set of Bob's workouts.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is hard!, 8 Aug 2011
Very good DVD, although you need to be quite fit to start with. The instruction is very clear and exercises are easy to follow with very little space needed, although you do need hand weights for this. This DVD is most suitable for people who enjoy straight forward exercise and easy to follow moves as it includes lots of squats, jumps etc. The people in the DVD are easy to follow and Bob motivates you to work hard. This is a DVD I keep coming back to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 30 Jun 2014