4.0 out of 5 stars Great
The axis mechanism of this seat is fantastic. I couldnt go back to a regular car seat. Only complaint is the straps are a little thick & rigid for my young baby. i'm sure this won't be a problem when she's a bit bigger & sturdier but for a 9 month old they are just slightly too rigid, in my opinion. Otherwise a really super car seat. We have 2!
Published on 19 Oct 2011 by R. Simms

3.0 out of 5 stars Straps let it down
The swivel is great for sure. However the strap tightening mechanism just does not work properly (this is the second one I have). They tend to pull unevenly. You have to reach behind the seat to pull them down, then pull the strap at the front. If you just pull the strap in front it will tighten only one side properly. Dorel should sort this design problem out on the next...
Published on 21 May 2012 by P Rob.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, 19 Oct 2011
R. Simms (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Maxi-Cosi Axiss Group 1 Car Seat (Black Reflection) (Baby Product)

5.0 out of 5 stars great!, 23 Sep 2012
great product!! does all that it says!! turns to both sides, much easier to deal with than the other ones, plus you back says thank you!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 28 Aug 2011
We are very pleased with this car seat. Very easy to install. Feels very secure.
2 things to note
- the belt is a harness (ie you need to put your little one's arms through the loop). I read another customer complain about this, but to be fair you just need to open the harness wide.
- it is a pretty heavy seat but we plan to leave it in the car permanently so this isn't an issue for us. If you are planning to switch it between 2 cars, this might not be the seat for you. We wanted to save our backs and have a rotating seat.. and we're glad we have!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!!!!!!!!, 27 Jun 2011
I bought this for my now nearly 3 year old and have just bought another one for my second daughter its just so good. No twisting and turning, the seat does it all for you, brilliant.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic car seat, 28 Oct 2011
This car seat is fantastic if you have either a mini or a slipped disc. Has made my life so much easier. Love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just brilliant!, 20 Feb 2012
C. L. Steel (UK) - See all my reviews
This is just about the best car seat on the market, I can't recommend it highly enough! My 22 month old has a very mild form of cerebral palsy and as a result cannot help get herself in or out of her carseat. Our conventional front facing seat was proving far too difficult to use, the leaning over, twisting and lifting in one movement was ruining my lower back (and costing me a fortune in physiotherapy!) I have had mine now for 3 months and have had none of the problems other people have reported. I can only suggest that they are either not fitting the seat correctly or it is not compatible with their car. I personally found the seat easy to fit and have had no need to tighten the seatbelt as it fits securely, although I think that this point is more dependent on the quality of your car's satbelts more that the carseat itself. It is comfortable, has a good tilt and swivels easily, I have bought one for my childminder too!
If I had to be über critical I would make the point that it is a big car seat and you do need a lot of legroom behind the passenger/ driver seat to fit it in, especially when it is tilted. We have an Audi Q7 and my childminder has a Ford Galaxy and in both cars when the seat is tilted she can easily kick the seat in front. My Mother in law has a Peugeot 207 and the seat simply doesn't fit if the front seat is anything other than totally forward.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 6 Dec 2013
I loved its function of turning!!! Unfortunately it does not turn both ways when you install it. It turns only to the direction of the door. It is VERY safe and comfortable.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect, 30 Sep 2013
ideal for my little granddaughter, she loves it as it means she can see out the window, and i like that i can recline seat when she is asleep

4.0 out of 5 stars This car seat is very practical and turns very easy to seat the child, 2 Aug 2013
This car seat is very practical, especially when you can not really open the door due to the other parked cars. Due to turn to the side (can be configured for right or left) facilitates placement of heavier children. The only drawback is how the back seat of our car is a little inclined to put our daughter she is initially a bit leaning to the right. After we returned the chair forward we have to cuddle her to stay straight.

5.0 out of 5 stars One happy Grandfather, 3 May 2013
What an easy to fit, secure item that my Grandson has in my car. I am so happy with Maxicosi, we already have other products of theirs so it was a purchase with confidence for us. I like the fact that the straps are easily adjustable, the swevel to assist to get our little guy in and out, the fact that he can have various positions of tilt for comfort just makes him happy also.

Maxi-Cosi Axiss Group 1 Car Seat (Black Reflection)
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available