4.0 out of 5 stars Great
The axis mechanism of this seat is fantastic. I couldnt go back to a regular car seat. Only complaint is the straps are a little thick & rigid for my young baby. i'm sure this won't be a problem when she's a bit bigger & sturdier but for a 9 month old they are just slightly too rigid, in my opinion. Otherwise a really super car seat. We have 2!
Published on 19 Oct 2011 by R. Simms

3.0 out of 5 stars Straps let it down
The swivel is great for sure. However the strap tightening mechanism just does not work properly (this is the second one I have). They tend to pull unevenly. You have to reach behind the seat to pull them down, then pull the strap at the front. If you just pull the strap in front it will tighten only one side properly. Dorel should sort this design problem out on the next...
Published on 21 May 2012 by P Rob.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, 19 Oct 2011
R. Simms (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Maxi-Cosi Axiss Group 1 Toddler Car Seat (Black Reflection) (Baby Product)

5.0 out of 5 stars great!, 23 Sep 2012
great product!! does all that it says!! turns to both sides, much easier to deal with than the other ones, plus you back says thank you!!

5.0 out of 5 stars One happy Grandfather, 3 May 2013
What an easy to fit, secure item that my Grandson has in my car. I am so happy with Maxicosi, we already have other products of theirs so it was a purchase with confidence for us. I like the fact that the straps are easily adjustable, the swevel to assist to get our little guy in and out, the fact that he can have various positions of tilt for comfort just makes him happy also.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 28 Aug 2011
We are very pleased with this car seat. Very easy to install. Feels very secure.
2 things to note
- the belt is a harness (ie you need to put your little one's arms through the loop). I read another customer complain about this, but to be fair you just need to open the harness wide.
- it is a pretty heavy seat but we plan to leave it in the car permanently so this isn't an issue for us. If you are planning to switch it between 2 cars, this might not be the seat for you. We wanted to save our backs and have a rotating seat.. and we're glad we have!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!!!!!!!!, 27 Jun 2011
I bought this for my now nearly 3 year old and have just bought another one for my second daughter its just so good. No twisting and turning, the seat does it all for you, brilliant.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic car seat, 28 Oct 2011
This car seat is fantastic if you have either a mini or a slipped disc. Has made my life so much easier. Love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 6 Dec 2013
I loved its function of turning!!! Unfortunately it does not turn both ways when you install it. It turns only to the direction of the door. It is VERY safe and comfortable.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect, 30 Sep 2013
ideal for my little granddaughter, she loves it as it means she can see out the window, and i like that i can recline seat when she is asleep

5.0 out of 5 stars Good tight fit in car, 7 April 2013
I wanted the ease of the side swivel. The turning action is great and makes it easier to check toddler is secure & get him in. Easy to fit myself then I had it checked for free at the local fire station (just call and they will book appointment). The seatbelt is tightened by a tensioner (a handle at back of car seat you turn round until it won't move) which has kept it secure for 2 months since fitting in Saab 93. It is Only disadvantages are heavy and have to make sure pull straight when tightening the shoulder straps or one tightens more than other. Also seat belt pads are huge for smaller build baby/toddler.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this!!!!, 6 April 2013
This is a great car seat. The ratchet securing it to the seat belt at the back gives extra peace of mind and the twisting seat is genius! Especially great now my daughter is getting squirmier and heavier as it makes getting her into the car so easy! I would definitely recommend this especially to anyone with back problems.