4.0 out of 5 stars So proud......
I think this is possibly the best thing to happen since my Great Aunt Maisie chained herself to John Menzies in the `Drawing Pins For Women' campaign of 1922. God bless you girl.... how far we have travelled!
Published 20 months ago by saddler1933

4,903 of 4,960 people found the following review helpful
1.0 out of 5 stars Insufficent
Normally I only use pens designed and created for real men, in colours appropriate to such instruments of masculinity - black like my chest hair or blue like the steely glint of my eyes, or the metallic paintwork of my convertible Mustang sportscar. Imagine then the situation I found myself in when, upon taking delivery of another shipment of motorbike parts and...
Published 20 months ago by Mr. J. Stevens

‹ Previous | 137 38 3969 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Women will stand up and cheer for these pens!, 20 Dec 2012
This review is from: BIC For Her Medium Ballpoint Pen (Box of 12) - Black (Office Product)
The BIC For Her Medium Ballpoint Pen is a godsend for anyone with ovaries! And the timing couldn't be better: I was starting to grow rather weary of being sprayed with a hose every time I tried purchase man pens from our local office supply store.

THANK YOU, BIC!

5.0 out of 5 stars So good I wrote a limerick, 26 Nov 2012
What a marvelous product from BIC
For those of you without a pr*%k
No longer a pen
Designed just for men
This is designed for a chick!

1.0 out of 5 stars Black ink??????, 29 Aug 2012
Don't taunt me, Bic, with a lovely purple pen if the ink inside is black. For shame! Black ink is so, you know, businessy. And everyone knows a purple pen should have, duh!, purple ink. Now I'll NEVER be able to write!!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Design goals defeated by patriarchal packaging assumptions, 29 Aug 2012
J. Gitzlaff (Chicago, IL United States) - See all my reviews
Although I'd like to commend BIC for throwing off its patriarchal baggage in manufacturing these pens, sadly, the male dominated design preconceptions still infect the packaging. Clearly, the harsh right angles and inorganic fold/seam lines on the box still were designed with a male user in mind, defeating the purpose as my wife still must ask me for assistance in opening the packaging.

1.0 out of 5 stars Emancipated at last!, 29 Aug 2012
Thank you, thank you, Bic, for at last making a pen that us women can hold. It's been centuries in the making but at last we might hope to climb the dizzying heights that our privileged males have scaled before us and be able to hold pen to paper ourselves.
It's been a long struggle but with this new ladeez pen, the females of the world can stop ruining their nails by scratching rudimentary symbols into clay tablets and can at last write lists of shopping and the other things that fill our pretty little heads, like kittens and shoes.

1.0 out of 5 stars There Should Be A Warning..., 29 Aug 2012
Bought these for my nephew as I knew he was getting really excited about creative writing in his 5th grade class... but, almost as soon as I had gifted these did my nephew start showing an accelerated interest in My Little Pony, One Direction, and Twilight. I would have NEVER given these to my nephew if I had thought it would lead him to reading Twilight. He doesn't even understand half of the words, but he gets the gist and that's enough. Now, my wife and I need to hide her clothes as we've already found him fumbling through her dresses a couple times.

This was a young boy who, before these pens, was excited about baseball, Transformers, and WWE wrestling.

BIC! What have you done?!

1.0 out of 5 stars Sounds far too technical for my pink and girlie brain, 28 Aug 2012
Re-trac-ta-ble MsKuar? That sounds like a boy word. I'm not sure I should buy this product if it's going to be too technical for my little girlie brain.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great when your wife's out., 31 Aug 2012
Little does my wife know, but I secretly use her "BIC For Her Amber Medium Ballpoint Pens" while she's at work and I'm at home minding the pet woodlice. It started off as a bit of a whim, really. I'd try writing the odd word or I'd circle interesting programmes on the TV guide, but after a while I started to appreciate the soft feel of the silicon grip and the velvet motion of the propelling mechanism. My God, the thought of it makes me short of breath even now. But I can't use it yet - she's in the kitchen... I have to wait.

Anyway, after those first few uses I needed more. And so the words and circles grew to shopping lists, and they grew to diary entries on the movements of my neighbours, and those grew to essays on the normalcy of body dysmorphia and third-wave feminism. I just couldn't stop. Suddenly I knew how it felt to menstruate, to bond with a suckling baby, to create life and to select the ideal colour-scheme for an open-plan reception room. This knowledge was heroin to my inner heroine.

I lost the ability to park my car or read a map, but those were sacrifices I was happy to make.

The transformation these pens bring upon me during the moments I hold them is mind-blowing. Sometimes I'll stand in front of the mirror, ballpoint twixt my fingers and balls twixt my limbs, just looking at myself. It is in those special moments that I truly know what it is like to be a woman.

I used to wear my wife's tampons, but now I have no need! Thank you, BIC!

2.0 out of 5 stars Worst. Razor. EVAR!!!!, 30 Aug 2012
I am normally a big fan of Bic razors. I have been out of stock for a while now, and looked forward to recieving my box of the new sparkly ones. These don't seem to have a blade on them at all! And now my boyfriend won't talk to me, he doesn't believe me when I say my new razors caused my bikini line to turn blue. But I think it is too late to return them,

5.0 out of 5 stars I'd LOVE these, 30 Aug 2012
I was going to buy these too - but luckily I read your reviews and showed them to my boyfriend before I committed myself. WE have decided that I'd be much better spending the money on a new pinny instead.

‹ Previous | 137 38 3969 | Next ›