Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

Size: Box 12|Colour Name: Black|Change

on 28 August 2012
Normally I only use pens designed and created for real men, in colours appropriate to such instruments of masculinity - black like my chest hair or blue like the steely glint of my eyes, or the metallic paintwork of my convertible Mustang sportscar. Imagine then the situation I found myself in when, upon taking delivery of another shipment of motorbike parts and footballs, I reached for and grasped not my normal BIC pen, but a `BIC for Her Amber Medium Ballpoint Pen' (evidently ordered by my well-meaning, but ill-informed girlfriend whilst my back was turned). I knew something was wrong when I had to physically restrain my hands, gnarled and worn from a lifetime of rock-climbing and shark wrestling, from crushing the fragile implement like a Faberge egg. Things only went downhill from there.

Normally my hand writing is defined and strong, as if chiselled in granite by the Greek gods themselves, however upon signing my name I noticed that my signature was uncharacteristically meandering and looping. More worryingly the dots above the I's manifested themselves as hearts, and I found myself finishing off the signature with a smiley face and kisses. Obviously I had no choice but to challenge the delivery man to a gun fight on the rim of an erupting volcano in order to reassert my dominance. Had I not won this honourable duel this particular mistake might have resulted in a situation that no amount of expensive single malt whiskey and Cuban cigars could banish. I leave this review here as a warning to all men about the dangers of using this particular device, and suffice-it-to-say will return to signing my name with a nail gun as normal.
101101 comments|6,877 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 August 2012
How are you supposed to use these without paper made for girls? All I could find around the house is paper for mens, at least that's what I assumed because there was no specific packaging indicating otherwise. I'm very frustrated now. Hurry up and release the paper so us girls can write good too.
22 comments|455 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 August 2012
I bought this pen (in error, evidently) to write my reports of each day's tree felling activities in my job as a lumberjack. It is no good. It slips from between my calloused, gnarly fingers like a gossamer thread gently descending to earth between two giant redwood trunks.
3333 comments|5,117 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 September 2012
I was just saying to Arthur the other day as he was writing me out a cheque to go and get the weekly shopping, 'wouldn't it be good if I could write my own cheques'. Well, we both fell about with laughter, in fact Arthur got a prolapsed rectum from the fits he was in, believing that my suggestion was the stuff of sci-fi (Arthur's a big Isaac Asimov fan and in `Nightfall', which Arthur used to read me extracts from, Isaac describes a female robot practicing her scripture which always inspired me to maybe one day strive to hold a pen (but alas men's pens have always proved too heavy). But then again Nightfall is set on a planet called Lagash with six suns, so Isaac was obviously on silly juice and to believe that female pen-holding may one day be a reality was just a pipe dream).

But do you know soon after that, my daughter who is always visiting the interweb said she found pens for ladies there. Well, I must say I was a little emotional as I remember back in the 60s when I burnt my bra - I was ironing and the phone went and when I came back there was a great big hole in it. It was nothing to do with the news about the lady-pen, but it just came to me at that moment.

I asked my daughter to go back to the interweb to get me a box of these pens. Now I think of it, the word `pens' probably comes from the word for the male bits, which is why women and pens are so opposite, and I was as shocked as anyone when the box arrived that they were so clearly not men's pens. These were - different. I immediately hid them from Arthur because I just didn't know what his reaction would be. Over time I secretly practiced - I started extending the horizontal line on the capital `A' on his signature on the cheques, and whenever I used to handover that cheque to the cashier I knew it was wrong but I felt free - so free.

Well, Arthur eventually found my stash. As you can imagine his reaction wasn't good, and I couldn't blame him. I thought about writing him a letter to apologise but it would have been rubbing salt in the wound. But one day I came home laden with groceries, to find the pen dangling from Arthur's back-cheeks. Do you know that the delicateness of the ballpoint and the slightness of the barrel acts as the perfect implement to poke his prolapse back up. We have now shared out the pens (Arthur calls them b*tch-nibs) and our marriage has never been stronger.

Thank you BIC.
33 comments|182 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 September 2012
My husband has never allowed me to write, as he doesn't want me touching mens pens. However when I saw this product, I decided to buy it (using my pocket money) and so far it has been fabulous! Once I had learnt to write, the feminine colour and the grip size (which was more suited to my delicate little hands) has enabled me to vent thoughts about new recipe ideas, sewing and gardening. My husband is less pleased with this product as he believes it will lead to more independence and he hates the feminine tingling sensation (along with the visions of fairies and rainbows) he gets whenever he picks it up.
3939 comments|3,033 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
For years, I've struggled as an author. I've written several books on consulting - including Consulting Fees and Side Jobs - and I've been using a computer because my girly fingers could just not grasp a pen. I've been plodding along, typing on clickety-clackety keyboards, and using sophisticated computer technology. In fact, sometimes that little Microsoft Paperclip pops up and says, "It looks like you're writing an ebook...."

Thank goodness someone has identified my problem! Until I saw these pens, I had no idea that I was being forced to write as a woman in a man's world. Though I'm sitting here in a room of my own, occasionally tearing strips of yellow wallpaper down, I've been feeling like something isn't quite right...almost like that feeling that maybe there is a writer's aid that is the best a man can get. Before I got the computer and started earning bits of money here and there as an authoress, I worked as a simple scullery maid and hoped that my virtue would be rewarded. Now I am finally vindicated!

With these pens, I anticipate that I can achieve the same rewards that men have. I will be able to look after my own reproductive rights. Relieve myself in dark corners. Marry a woman. Share in the financial repercussions of pregnancy and child rearing. Be heard in scientific and business conferences. Wear one simple outfit with a few changes of tie and shirt and never worry again about being called promiscuous or uptight. Walk down the street and be confident that I am safe. Go to any school in any part of the world. And, Mom, I feel fresh, too!

Thank goodness for pens for women like me. But where is the instruction manual? How's a gal like me to figure out how this pen thing works? Perhaps I can ask a man to write it out for me.
33 comments|209 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 August 2012
While I have always held Bic products in high regard, I cannot give them a good rating on this one. Don't they realize what they've done? Now we are going to have women running around, all willy-nilly, writing things with pens.
22 comments|547 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 September 2012
I'm a self-made man.
Born out of the mouths of wolves and serpents.
Raised up by degenerates and whores in the gutters of your forgotten cities.
Among the spawn of your outcast, your rebuked, your lepers.
Breaking bread with gangsters, hustlers, real thugs.
Scorned by your fearful leaders, and your simple masses.
Bearing no marking, no number, no names.

Turned life around and became CIO of a successful Fortune 500 company that sells sophisticated weapons to the U.S Military.
I'm straight business. Contrary to most males, my sex drive is non existent. Money always on my mind.
I walked into the office one day when I saw one of these pens on my desk. I immediately fired the secretary since she was the closest female within a 100 ft radius, but not before telling her to throw it in the trash.

Two days later a meeting was held in my office. When it was time to sign the $5,000,000 contract, my pen was out of ink. Not wanting to keep our clients waiting, I saw this ray of pink light beaming out of my trash can. It was the pen my secretary had thrown out. Not having a choice, I reached for it as it was my only option.

As soon as i grabbed the pen, time came to a complete still. Ponies came out the back of the pen, rainbows shot out the front, and it started raining glitter in my office.

I quit my job on the spot and now i'm a dance choreographer at an underground PRIDE club in NYC.
22 comments|112 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 August 2012
After borrowing one of these from my wife to write my long-form poem "One Hundred Reasons Why I'm Not Putting Up the Shelves This Weekend, Maybe I'll Do it Next Week" I can state that, contrary to some of the other men's reviews here, these pens are perfectly compatible with mains de l'homme.

However, I have the sneaking suspicion that I am starting to grow breasts. On the plus side, though my colour coordination is just so much better. Actually, thinking about it, it's all good.
0Comment|201 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 August 2012
My boyfriend bought me these as he likes to treat me to nice things and wants me to be able to write all my thoughts out at That Time Of The Month instead of shrieking and smashing windows. I was so touched - so sweet!

However. When I tried to use them I couldn't hold it properly, it kept slipping out of my grasp, I had to make a fist to even hold it. I tried to write a shopping list, but all that came out were angry jagged lines! I didn't know what was going wrong, they worked fine with all my girlfriends. My boyfriend didn't know what was going on. My mum didn't know what was going on.

To cut a long and harrowing story short, I eventually went to the doctor and it turns out I'm a man - this is why I can't use these pens. This has ruined my life and I wish I didn't know. Now I have to live the rest of my life as Howard.

Thank you Bic. Thank you very much.
11 comment|194 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse