2,656 of 2,702 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!
Published on 3 Sept. 2012 by A keen skier

5,978 of 6,051 people found the following review helpful
1.0 out of 5 stars Insufficent
Published on 28 Aug. 2012 by Mr. J. Stevens

5,978 of 6,051 people found the following review helpful
1.0 out of 5 stars Insufficent, 28 Aug. 2012
Mr. J. Stevens (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: BiC For Her Medium Ballpoint Pen (Box of 12) - Black (Office Product)
Normally I only use pens designed and created for real men, in colours appropriate to such instruments of masculinity - black like my chest hair or blue like the steely glint of my eyes, or the metallic paintwork of my convertible Mustang sportscar. Imagine then the situation I found myself in when, upon taking delivery of another shipment of motorbike parts and footballs, I reached for and grasped not my normal BIC pen, but a `BIC for Her Amber Medium Ballpoint Pen' (evidently ordered by my well-meaning, but ill-informed girlfriend whilst my back was turned). I knew something was wrong when I had to physically restrain my hands, gnarled and worn from a lifetime of rock-climbing and shark wrestling, from crushing the fragile implement like a Faberge egg. Things only went downhill from there.

Normally my hand writing is defined and strong, as if chiselled in granite by the Greek gods themselves, however upon signing my name I noticed that my signature was uncharacteristically meandering and looping. More worryingly the dots above the I's manifested themselves as hearts, and I found myself finishing off the signature with a smiley face and kisses. Obviously I had no choice but to challenge the delivery man to a gun fight on the rim of an erupting volcano in order to reassert my dominance. Had I not won this honourable duel this particular mistake might have resulted in a situation that no amount of expensive single malt whiskey and Cuban cigars could banish. I leave this review here as a warning to all men about the dangers of using this particular device, and suffice-it-to-say will return to signing my name with a nail gun as normal.

2,656 of 2,702 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, 3 Sept. 2012
A keen skier (Buckinghamshire, England) - See all my reviews
My husband has never allowed me to write, as he doesn't want me touching mens pens. However when I saw this product, I decided to buy it (using my pocket money) and so far it has been fabulous! Once I had learnt to write, the feminine colour and the grip size (which was more suited to my delicate little hands) has enabled me to vent thoughts about new recipe ideas, sewing and gardening. My husband is less pleased with this product as he believes it will lead to more independence and he hates the feminine tingling sensation (along with the visions of fairies and rainbows) he gets whenever he picks it up.

4,882 of 4,972 people found the following review helpful
1.0 out of 5 stars No good for man hands, 16 Aug. 2012
I bought this pen (in error, evidently) to write my reports of each day's tree felling activities in my job as a lumberjack. It is no good. It slips from between my calloused, gnarly fingers like a gossamer thread gently descending to earth between two giant redwood trunks.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Bic for Her releases creativity., 2 Sept. 2012
M. G. Aver - See all my reviews
When is a pen not a pen? when its a Bic for her! I purchased this pen as a birthday gift and watched with eager anticipation as my wife of twenty years deftly opened elegantly wrapped box, exclaiming with delight at the sight of the stylish writing implement designed specifically for her porcelain digits to caress.....imagine my unbridled happiness at seeing her finally unleash the creative juices that had been cruelly bottled up inside her for so many years, hamstrung by the misogynist pen industry! but no more...now she has set forth on a flurry of literary journeys, from creating sublime shopping lists (in such an elegant hand that it reminds me of the wonderful penmanship only usually associated with scholastically brutaized victorian school children forced to spend hours perfecting millimeter accurate script in draughty classrooms with only the hard lash of the cane for comfort).......to leaving me loving notelets extolling the virtues of finally being able to leave me loving notelets.....thank you Bic for reinvigorating a lifeless waif who's only pleasure before was writing her name in the window mist sometimes appearing on the tiny skylight in her room of shame.

5.0 out of 5 stars The meaning of life has been found!!, 28 Sept. 2012
I was sceptical about buying this product but I'm so glad I have.

Since I received these pens my life now has meaning. Everything is so much clearer now. Colours are more vivid, the air smells sweeter and I understand things that I hadn't before. Who knew that using the pink and yellow pens together turns it orange?!!

My home life has improved and my family are happier for it. I can now sweep the entire house in 10 minutes flat. It used to be 90 minutes. I know as my husband usually times me. I can now get the dinner cooked quicker and even get it on the table before my husband gets home. I can mentally work out complex calculations like adding up the items on a shopping list! I can figure out how much detergent is needed for a load of laundry. I have so much free time now I have taken up darning, knitting and needle point.

I pity those whose lives must be dull and filled wth darkness and dispair. Buy this product, it will save your life and touch you in ways you cannot possibly imagine. Thank you Bic for giving me my life back!

5.0 out of 5 stars Strong Marriage, 20 Sept. 2012
I was just saying to Arthur the other day as he was writing me out a cheque to go and get the weekly shopping, 'wouldn't it be good if I could write my own cheques'. Well, we both fell about with laughter, in fact Arthur got a prolapsed rectum from the fits he was in, believing that my suggestion was the stuff of sci-fi (Arthur's a big Isaac Asimov fan and in `Nightfall', which Arthur used to read me extracts from, Isaac describes a female robot practicing her scripture which always inspired me to maybe one day strive to hold a pen (but alas men's pens have always proved too heavy). But then again Nightfall is set on a planet called Lagash with six suns, so Isaac was obviously on silly juice and to believe that female pen-holding may one day be a reality was just a pipe dream).

But do you know soon after that, my daughter who is always visiting the interweb said she found pens for ladies there. Well, I must say I was a little emotional as I remember back in the 60s when I burnt my bra - I was ironing and the phone went and when I came back there was a great big hole in it. It was nothing to do with the news about the lady-pen, but it just came to me at that moment.

I asked my daughter to go back to the interweb to get me a box of these pens. Now I think of it, the word `pens' probably comes from the word for the male bits, which is why women and pens are so opposite, and I was as shocked as anyone when the box arrived that they were so clearly not men's pens. These were - different. I immediately hid them from Arthur because I just didn't know what his reaction would be. Over time I secretly practiced - I started extending the horizontal line on the capital `A' on his signature on the cheques, and whenever I used to handover that cheque to the cashier I knew it was wrong but I felt free - so free.

Well, Arthur eventually found my stash. As you can imagine his reaction wasn't good, and I couldn't blame him. I thought about writing him a letter to apologise but it would have been rubbing salt in the wound. But one day I came home laden with groceries, to find the pen dangling from Arthur's back-cheeks. Do you know that the delicateness of the ballpoint and the slightness of the barrel acts as the perfect implement to poke his prolapse back up. We have now shared out the pens (Arthur calls them b*tch-nibs) and our marriage has never been stronger.

Thank you BIC.

5.0 out of 5 stars A boon to science, 2 Sept. 2012
I and my team of scientists are running a study trying to see if a troupe of monkeys ( actually female bonobo chimps) can - given enough time and writing implements- produce recognisable language. I have to say the results had been extremely discouraging until one of our (female) research assistants brought in several boxes of BIC `for her' pens, in pleasant pastel colours and gave them to the animals. What a difference! There are now several instances of recognisable text, ranging from fairly short phrases such as `La, Sir!', to longer phrases asking, for example, if "he is going to `phone". Science thanks you, BIC.

5.0 out of 5 stars OMG, 28 Aug. 2012
I <3 my BIC for Her! Like, when I was in school, I could never write those paper things the teachers wanted. It was so hard for me to take notes & stuff. There were some Hello Kitty glitter pens but they were super expensive and ran out so fast. My friends & I just had to use regular BICS with their thick ugly casing. My notes were pretty blah- blue and black ink only gets you so far. We even used PENCIL sometimes, can you believe it?

But now- I feel like I can do anything! I'm so glad DH (dear husband) gave me a pack of these pens for my birthday, along with my weekly allowance for provisions. I can send recipes to the Pennysaver or even write a real letter to the Greensheet about how "females" these days can shoot for the stars. Didn't Sally-something dream about going up into space? I love the muted, yet sparkly colors- they really speak to my soul. They're perfect for my notes to my hubby. He really encourages my creativity and lets me draw and write as much as I want. Someone in my embroidery class said she goes on the Inderweb. I don't know about such things as we go to sleep with the sun. *Sometimes* DH will allow us to burn a little kerosene, but those nights are few and far between.

Ladies- enjoy! Blessings to the wonderful inventors at BIC. I'm so glad someone is looking out for us!

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally Pretty in Pink, 28 Dec. 2012
Growing up i was always a bit of a tomboy. Played in the dirt, played sports and well, i was always one of the guys... Now that I am in my 20s, most friends were still thinking of me as just one of the guys. I was shopping for a pen to write down some drills for the wrestling team when i came across the BIC for her. It was beautiful, love at first site. I ordered it with next day shipping. I was so excited when the box arrived. I immediately took it out. What a smooth grip, so soft, and pink. I felt more feminine just writing. Soon the drills turned into poetry and with pretty pictures of flowers and bunny rabbits. It was like the girl inside me was FINALLY FREE. The next day i woke up early, i curled my hair and wore a fluffy pink sweater. Now i cannot keep the boys away. BIC you are amazing, thank you for the BIC for her Pink Pens!

2.0 out of 5 stars A flawed concept, 28 Aug. 2012
While I have always held Bic products in high regard, I cannot give them a good rating on this one. Don't they realize what they've done? Now we are going to have women running around, all willy-nilly, writing things with pens.