5.0 out of 5 stars Oh My God...
So, i like, totally convinced my man to let me buy a lady pen. I ordered it on the internet for me, using my allowance- of course. He said he'd rather i brought one on-line than from in town. Lord knows why, he normally worries about my internet useage.

Published on 2 Sep 2012 by Mrs KAM

5,502 of 5,567 people found the following review helpful
1.0 out of 5 stars Insufficent
Published on 28 Aug 2012 by Mr. J. Stevens

5,502 of 5,567 people found the following review helpful
1.0 out of 5 stars Insufficent, 28 Aug 2012
Mr. J. Stevens (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: BIC For Her Medium Ballpoint Pen (Box of 12) - Black (Office Product)
Normally I only use pens designed and created for real men, in colours appropriate to such instruments of masculinity - black like my chest hair or blue like the steely glint of my eyes, or the metallic paintwork of my convertible Mustang sportscar. Imagine then the situation I found myself in when, upon taking delivery of another shipment of motorbike parts and footballs, I reached for and grasped not my normal BIC pen, but a `BIC for Her Amber Medium Ballpoint Pen' (evidently ordered by my well-meaning, but ill-informed girlfriend whilst my back was turned). I knew something was wrong when I had to physically restrain my hands, gnarled and worn from a lifetime of rock-climbing and shark wrestling, from crushing the fragile implement like a Faberge egg. Things only went downhill from there.

Normally my hand writing is defined and strong, as if chiselled in granite by the Greek gods themselves, however upon signing my name I noticed that my signature was uncharacteristically meandering and looping. More worryingly the dots above the I's manifested themselves as hearts, and I found myself finishing off the signature with a smiley face and kisses. Obviously I had no choice but to challenge the delivery man to a gun fight on the rim of an erupting volcano in order to reassert my dominance. Had I not won this honourable duel this particular mistake might have resulted in a situation that no amount of expensive single malt whiskey and Cuban cigars could banish. I leave this review here as a warning to all men about the dangers of using this particular device, and suffice-it-to-say will return to signing my name with a nail gun as normal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh My God..., 2 Sep 2012

Well, it's here! It just sooooo lovely. I use it to write out my weekly shopping lists, and have one in my handbag to note hair appointments too. I even managed to co ordinate nail polish. Cute Right?

Any how, when my husband came back from work the other day, he asked me if i could show him the lady pen later on. Once i'd cooked tea and washed up, put the kids to bed, made his pack up, scrubbed his back in the bath, polished the ornaments in the lounge( you know how dusty these things get). Anyway, my hubby was sat in his chair, fresh from his shower. I thought as the discovery channel programme he was watching had finished, i could give him a quick peek at my Lady Pen, before the football game started.

I have no idea why he didn't like it. He said it wasn't at all what he was expecting, and could i get a refund. I told him he gave me the go ahead, but he just said we'd obviously got our wires crossed. He also said that i should be able to remember a shopping list. I'm not sure what he thought my Lady Pen would look like? I'm sure it's just so different to the usual big, strong, masculine pens he's used to.

I however, am making a stand. I love my lady pen.

4,759 of 4,838 people found the following review helpful
1.0 out of 5 stars No good for man hands, 16 Aug 2012
I bought this pen (in error, evidently) to write my reports of each day's tree felling activities in my job as a lumberjack. It is no good. It slips from between my calloused, gnarly fingers like a gossamer thread gently descending to earth between two giant redwood trunks.

2,398 of 2,438 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, 3 Sep 2012
A keen skier (Buckinghamshire, England) - See all my reviews
My husband has never allowed me to write, as he doesn't want me touching mens pens. However when I saw this product, I decided to buy it (using my pocket money) and so far it has been fabulous! Once I had learnt to write, the feminine colour and the grip size (which was more suited to my delicate little hands) has enabled me to vent thoughts about new recipe ideas, sewing and gardening. My husband is less pleased with this product as he believes it will lead to more independence and he hates the feminine tingling sensation (along with the visions of fairies and rainbows) he gets whenever he picks it up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant product, but the packaging needs work, 3 Sep 2012
This is the pen I have been waiting for. Perhaps it's being left-handed, on top of being a woman in a world of men's pens, that made it so difficult for me to write. But now I'm dashing away like Usain Bolt, only more femininely, of course.

I don't know what it is about women's hands - I mean, it can't just be size, as even quite little boys seem to be able to hold a man's pen quite well - but finally, a pen I can hold and write with properly. And I also now realise that I have been going wrong my whole life by liking colours such as blue and green.

And thank goodness for BIC's foresight in labelling these pens 'for her', because I would never have known that this was the pen for me otherwise. I never even realised before that pens were gendered - they don't call them men's pens, even though that rhymes, and I've never even realised I was using the wring writing implements. And just imagine if they had simply made a slim pink pen, and men had bought it!

The only problem I have with these pens is the packaging. I always have to remember to take them straight out of the box and throw it away, otherwise I get confused when I see the box, and forget to buy tampons because I think I have plenty. But it's okay, because thanks to BIC 'for her', I can write myself a note to throw away the boxes and buy sanitary supplies.

THANKS BIC!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Changed our lives together..., 30 Aug 2012
I'm a landscaper, I work with stone, dig pits, and move dirt. Because I'm a man, I can't remember things very well, and I don't seem to be able to clean, or pick things up or put things away when I use them. I also am not able to get the kids to bed on time, or do anything on time or properly.

None of this really matters, except that my wife is always nagging me about how it does. Her nagging is terrible.

Everything changed however, when I got her a little box of 'BIC For her' pens on her birthday. Not only does she dress real nice, but from the moment I get home, it's "what can I get you?" or "I love you and the pens you bought for me" all evening. She cooks better than ever, keeps everything clean and organized and always writes me little notes, in pink or amber, about how she wants to have another baby of mine.

Thanks BIC, for putting the LUV back in our relationship!

2.0 out of 5 stars Untold Danger to us all, 1 Sep 2012
Andy (Lerwick, Shetland United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
There's no doubt in anyone's mind that I am a man, a real man, a manly man. From the moment I left school I joined up and wore the Queen's uniform. The chest-ful of medals came in the ensuing years through my acts of manly courage as I moved from war zone to war zone saving the lives of the poor unfortunates as I despatched the enemy two at a time by lining them up in the sights of my high-powered rifle. Once I felt that the evil ones were all gone I left to start in a manual job and to take myself a wife, a proper femine one who wore skirts and safety knickers. The job was hard. My hands calloused and cracked to the point that they could be used as sandpaper on the roughest surfaces. Through this time I was supported by my wife who would have my washed clothes laid out for me every morning and a steaming dinner ready as I walked through the door each night. She started to change though; suddenly she was wearing jeans and some contrivance of underwear called a thong. I would often get home to a note saying that my dinner was in the oven; unwashed plates and cups in the sink, undarned socks in her sewing basket. I decided to investigate further, it was then that I found a box of Bic for Her pens in the dressing table beside her bed. That had to be why she had become so disobedient; it was the only the answer. I took one from the box and through my rough workman's hands I felt a gentle tingle. What was going on? The tingling built up into a pulsing sensation and I felt something change within me. Feeling dizzy and nauseous I slumped to the bed and as my head cleared I noticed the face moisturiser on the top of the dressing table. Suddenly I found myself reaching for it, unscrewing the pot, then taking a little on my finger and rubbing it into my weather-beaten manly face and looking in the mirror enjoying the way it tightened my skin and made me look younger and smoother, my tough square manly chin taking on a softer line. An old magazine had fallen down the side of the bed, I picked it up, it was all about exemplary housekeeping and as I leafed through it's pages I realised that I was suddenly interested in a range of e-cloths and cleaning materials. Irons and dishwashers were no longer a mystery to me. TV remote controls were an item I wanted to share, but worse was to come, I suddenly wanted to talk about my feelings.

Men, don't fall into the pit that I have; a pit with no escape from coffee mornings and discussions on menstrual cycles. Save your wimmin from this evil. If you find even one of these pens in the house pick it up with a shovel, you musn't touch it, take it into the manly wilderness, dig a hole at least 6 feet deep and bury it for ever. Take my word, for these pens command huge power over us.

5.0 out of 5 stars At last- I can write!, 29 Aug 2012
My whole life has been blighted by manly pens that were too big and bulky for my delicate lady fingers. The rough plastic edges dug into my soft skin and left very unfeminine welts, which I believe prevented me from finding a suitable husband who would take care of me and put the bins out. Not that I had anything interesting or clever to write anyway because, being a lady, my head is filled with thoughts of fluffy kittens and sandwich fillings.

The moment my bic lady pens arrived, I tore open the packaging with my hard calloused hands and began writing shopping lists on my pink scented note paper. My life has been transformed. What did I do before these miracle soft grip roller balls? I match my outfit to a different pen every day and have been doodling pretty pictures for hours.

Twelve pens is not enough! I want more. I want scented ink and a fluffy pen top accessory.

2.0 out of 5 stars Mine didn't work?! :(, 18 Jan 2013
Ok, I bought these last week because I wanted to write a story about a princess who has been kidnapped by a wicked witch (who is obviously fat and dark-haired, like all evil people), and is trapped in a tower made out of ribbons. Her only friend is a really cute and slightly mischievous butterfly. In the story, the princess is in great distress, because she can't find her way back to the palace where her Prince Charming awaits her. But her Prince Charming KNOWS how helpless and feeble she is, so he decides to save her, using all his manly strength and logic. I don't want to give away any more of the story, to be honest, but SPOILER ALERT! - at the end he saves her and then they get married and there are loads of unicorns everywhere and they fart sparkles and people snort rainbows at the wedding reception.

Anyway, so I sat down with my 'Bic For Her' pens, ready to get writing, and what happened? Every time I tried to write 'princess', the pen wrote 'wrestler'. Everytime I tried to write 'butterfly', the pen wrote 'rotweiler'. Everytime I mentioned 'Prince Charming', the pen wrote 'Vin Diesel'. I am pretty sure that they made a mistake at the factory and put the 'for him' ink inside these pens. I have written to Bic to tell them of the mix up and am awaiting a reply.

In the meantime, I have given these pens to my boyfriend. His skin blisters a bit when he touches the girly outsides of the pen, but he wears special gloves, and so far he has written the most awesome story about loads of dudes doing cool stuff and being really strong.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bic ... you did it again!, 11 April 2013
JanieK (Eastern North Carolina) - See all my reviews
Every now and then, I get this - you know - not so fresh feeling in my writing hand. And when I heard that Bic had come out with a pen for women, I was beyond ecstatic, as I knew that my prayers have been answered!

The individual or group of individuals who came up with the concept of a "pen for her" should be thought of nothing less than genius, as it is extremely difficult to write with "regular" pens, which are, clearly made for men. I've always thought it so unfair and quite chauvinistic that writing utensil companies cater only to men's gorilla-sized hands, and not to a woman's petite paws. Not to mention, that, because of their size, I can protect it while it's in my purse by putting it in a special holder that will no longer contain my Tampax tampons, but my very special Bic for Her pen.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Bic, for creating such a useful product.