2,623 of 2,667 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!
Published on 3 Sept. 2012 by A keen skier

5,923 of 5,996 people found the following review helpful
1.0 out of 5 stars Insufficent
Published on 28 Aug. 2012 by Mr. J. Stevens

5,923 of 5,996 people found the following review helpful
1.0 out of 5 stars Insufficent, 28 Aug. 2012
Mr. J. Stevens (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: BiC For Her Medium Ballpoint Pen (Box of 12) - Black (Office Product)
Normally I only use pens designed and created for real men, in colours appropriate to such instruments of masculinity - black like my chest hair or blue like the steely glint of my eyes, or the metallic paintwork of my convertible Mustang sportscar. Imagine then the situation I found myself in when, upon taking delivery of another shipment of motorbike parts and footballs, I reached for and grasped not my normal BIC pen, but a `BIC for Her Amber Medium Ballpoint Pen' (evidently ordered by my well-meaning, but ill-informed girlfriend whilst my back was turned). I knew something was wrong when I had to physically restrain my hands, gnarled and worn from a lifetime of rock-climbing and shark wrestling, from crushing the fragile implement like a Faberge egg. Things only went downhill from there.

Normally my hand writing is defined and strong, as if chiselled in granite by the Greek gods themselves, however upon signing my name I noticed that my signature was uncharacteristically meandering and looping. More worryingly the dots above the I's manifested themselves as hearts, and I found myself finishing off the signature with a smiley face and kisses. Obviously I had no choice but to challenge the delivery man to a gun fight on the rim of an erupting volcano in order to reassert my dominance. Had I not won this honourable duel this particular mistake might have resulted in a situation that no amount of expensive single malt whiskey and Cuban cigars could banish. I leave this review here as a warning to all men about the dangers of using this particular device, and suffice-it-to-say will return to signing my name with a nail gun as normal.

3.0 out of 5 stars The Pen of Dreams, 28 Aug. 2012
I was lying in bed the other night in a serious tiffy. While attempting to write in my diary about my deliciously complacent day ironing shirts and cooking dinner, I was having the same problem I always have, which is the incredible weight of my husbands pens making them impossible to use! No matter how hard I try, they drop out of my dainty paws and fall with a heavy thud to the floor.

Now, time and time again, I have told my husband that these pens are beyond my skill level and comprehension, not to mention strength! I just can't use them! Being the very strong man that he is, he couldn't possibly understand the trials I am facing. He suggests pencils, but I can't seem to press hard enough for them to make a mark on the page.

The other day I had a very magical discovery, however, which has since changed my life and entire outlook on the world. It was the BIC "For Her" pen line, which is specifically designed for women like me. It endears me and comforts me to no end to know that a company as big as BIC has my interests in mind. I can actually hold this pen because I think one of the main materials used to make it is air. I am extremely satisfied.

2,623 of 2,667 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, 3 Sept. 2012
A keen skier (Buckinghamshire, England) - See all my reviews
My husband has never allowed me to write, as he doesn't want me touching mens pens. However when I saw this product, I decided to buy it (using my pocket money) and so far it has been fabulous! Once I had learnt to write, the feminine colour and the grip size (which was more suited to my delicate little hands) has enabled me to vent thoughts about new recipe ideas, sewing and gardening. My husband is less pleased with this product as he believes it will lead to more independence and he hates the feminine tingling sensation (along with the visions of fairies and rainbows) he gets whenever he picks it up.

4,869 of 4,957 people found the following review helpful
1.0 out of 5 stars No good for man hands, 16 Aug. 2012
I bought this pen (in error, evidently) to write my reports of each day's tree felling activities in my job as a lumberjack. It is no good. It slips from between my calloused, gnarly fingers like a gossamer thread gently descending to earth between two giant redwood trunks.

4.0 out of 5 stars Purchased on a whim. Changed my life., 29 Aug. 2012
C. Thompson "Chris Thompson" (San Jose, CA USA) - See all my reviews
I was traveling through Heathrow and ran out of Pens. I stopped in at the airport store and picked up a box of 12. I never even noticed these were designed for women rather than men until I was on the plane.

When I took the pen out of the box, I couldn't help but marvel how silky smooth they felt compared to the rough-hewn pens that I had been using. They were as light as a feather and the words seemed to flow effortless out of my hand. Suddenly I felt quite guilty as I realized I was chewing on the end of the pen! I glanced furtively around the plane and fortunately nobody noticed.

I returned to the United States being careful not to declare them on my Customs card. Imagine, a big burly guy like me being caught with LADIES pens in his carry-on! How would I ever explain that.

I kept my stash safe at home. I would occasionally bring one out to write a grocery list or a thank you card to the dry cleaner. Every time I felt ashamed--even dirty. But the soft comfortable grip and the silky smooth ink was too much to resist. I can only begin to describe the way it felt as I chewed it. That's probably best left for a Barbara Cartland novel, also available on Amazon.

Then the unthinkable happened. One day on the way to work, I was quickly jotting a birthday wish to the mailman when I casually slipped the pen into my pocket. Later that day in a meeting I needed to sign an contract and a reached for my pen. I pulled it out quickly and started printing my name. The room stopped breathing. I could feel the pen warm in my hand as it sweetly oozed the T and then the H on the page. My secretary gasped--horrified. My colleague and gym buddy whispered "I always suspected because of the way he sniffed the white board markers."

I had been outed. I was a Lady Pen user.

There was no going back now. I had stepped out of the proverbial closet and onto the ink-stained page.

My life has changed for the better. I no longer feel like I have to hide my pen under the mattress at home. My colleagues have begun to accept me for who I am. I've heard there is even an Internet dating app for people like me.

I know this pen is not for everyone. But if you find yourself craving a pen that's soft to touch, yet firm in the hand, with the gentlest and smoothest flowing of inks, this is the pen for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Lovely Pen fit for a Princess, 6 Oct. 2012
R W Pendleton (California, USA) - See all my reviews
Well I don't see where all the sarcasm's coming from--a bunch of unfeminine women who can't get a man of their own, I expect. I think it's a lovely pen with real girly colors and they go with my purple bedroom and my frilly underwear. Fit for a princess. This is a pen for real women who are proud of their sex. They know women are special people who deserve special pens and don't want any of this equality rubbish that spoils all the romance. I heard that the Duke of Edinburgh once asked in exasperation: "Why can't girls wear a nice pretty frock and a bit of makeup any more?" Need one say anything further?

4.0 out of 5 stars Bic for him, 29 Aug. 2012
Interestingly enough, this is what I get if searching for "Bic for him".
Stylish Refillable Lighter
Because we manly men don't really need ink. We write with blood and fire.

3.0 out of 5 stars Against Nature, 28 Aug. 2012
Ballpoint pens for women, indeed... what were they thinking? Those ballpoints is technologies intended for mens. I should know, I are one.
Ball.point.pens. The clue's in the name; if god had wanted women to write she'd have given them balls and something to point with.
This amber wand is no substitute and it must stop.

1.0 out of 5 stars Warning!, 12 July 2013
I let my wife use the internet last night. She immediately started shopping and found Bic for Her on Amazon.
I went out to do man things, leaving her unsupervised. When I came back, she was still reading the reviews of Bic for Her, and had neglected all of her womanly duties. I had to eat a tin of sardines and a packet of HobNobs for lunch.

2.0 out of 5 stars A flawed concept, 28 Aug. 2012
While I have always held Bic products in high regard, I cannot give them a good rating on this one. Don't they realize what they've done? Now we are going to have women running around, all willy-nilly, writing things with pens.