2,468 of 2,510 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!
Published on 3 Sep 2012 by A keen skier

5,638 of 5,706 people found the following review helpful
1.0 out of 5 stars Insufficent
Published on 28 Aug 2012 by Mr. J. Stevens

5,638 of 5,706 people found the following review helpful
1.0 out of 5 stars Insufficent, 28 Aug 2012
Mr. J. Stevens (UK) - See all my reviews
Normally I only use pens designed and created for real men, in colours appropriate to such instruments of masculinity - black like my chest hair or blue like the steely glint of my eyes, or the metallic paintwork of my convertible Mustang sportscar. Imagine then the situation I found myself in when, upon taking delivery of another shipment of motorbike parts and footballs, I reached for and grasped not my normal BIC pen, but a `BIC for Her Amber Medium Ballpoint Pen' (evidently ordered by my well-meaning, but ill-informed girlfriend whilst my back was turned). I knew something was wrong when I had to physically restrain my hands, gnarled and worn from a lifetime of rock-climbing and shark wrestling, from crushing the fragile implement like a Faberge egg. Things only went downhill from there.

Normally my hand writing is defined and strong, as if chiselled in granite by the Greek gods themselves, however upon signing my name I noticed that my signature was uncharacteristically meandering and looping. More worryingly the dots above the I's manifested themselves as hearts, and I found myself finishing off the signature with a smiley face and kisses. Obviously I had no choice but to challenge the delivery man to a gun fight on the rim of an erupting volcano in order to reassert my dominance. Had I not won this honourable duel this particular mistake might have resulted in a situation that no amount of expensive single malt whiskey and Cuban cigars could banish. I leave this review here as a warning to all men about the dangers of using this particular device, and suffice-it-to-say will return to signing my name with a nail gun as normal.

2,468 of 2,510 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, 3 Sep 2012
A keen skier (Buckinghamshire, England) - See all my reviews
My husband has never allowed me to write, as he doesn't want me touching mens pens. However when I saw this product, I decided to buy it (using my pocket money) and so far it has been fabulous! Once I had learnt to write, the feminine colour and the grip size (which was more suited to my delicate little hands) has enabled me to vent thoughts about new recipe ideas, sewing and gardening. My husband is less pleased with this product as he believes it will lead to more independence and he hates the feminine tingling sensation (along with the visions of fairies and rainbows) he gets whenever he picks it up.

4,795 of 4,878 people found the following review helpful
1.0 out of 5 stars No good for man hands, 16 Aug 2012
I bought this pen (in error, evidently) to write my reports of each day's tree felling activities in my job as a lumberjack. It is no good. It slips from between my calloused, gnarly fingers like a gossamer thread gently descending to earth between two giant redwood trunks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gays, we can use these too!, 28 Aug 2012
Imagine me, squealing hysterically with delight, when I realised I could now buy these over the internet! No more furtive trips to Staples, dressed in a mac and sunglasses, or the inevitable shame of the lady behind the till asking for a price-check.No. These pens now arrive at my door in a discreet package labelled only 'amazon'. When signing for them at the door I loudly proclaim "FINALLY, MY TOP-GEAR CALENDAR HAS ARRIVED" for the benefit of my neighbours, before rushing upstairs, tearing off the paper, and resuming my letter writing to Jake Gyllenhaal. Heterosexual male pens were far too heavy for my weak, limp wrists. Their dark colours would never let me be 'true' to 'myself'. Finaly, I can write with pride, secretly in my bedroom with the curtains drawn.

2.0 out of 5 stars Does this mean I am gay?, 11 July 2013
S. Masters (England) - See all my reviews
Dear Amazon, please help. I used one of these pens the other day. A girlfriend had one in her so-last-year bag and I needed to write down the name of a Judy Garland album I was suggesting for her. She let me use her Bic For Her pen and I didn't want to give it back. My handwriting instantly improved, I felt quite flirtatious while I was holding the pen and I have since not used any other pen. Does this mean I might be gay?

5.0 out of 5 stars Saved My Marriage, 27 Aug 2012
I allowed my wife to write the grocery list with one of my pens. Shortly thereafter she went out and bought a bunch of flannel shirts, cut the sleeves off and grew a mullet. While she was writing her feminist manifesto, I secretly switched out the man pen with a BiC For Her. She's now back to baking apple pies, vacuuming in heels, and popping bennies in order to keep her girlish figure... like a proper American gal.

Thank you BiC!

3.0 out of 5 stars There's a glitch., 29 Aug 2012
Jessica Trapp (Trapped in a Book!) - See all my reviews
My husband bought a box of these for me. I was SO excited that, finally, I would be able to write after watching him do it for all these years. My excitement turned to tears when I realized that they do not come with paper-for-her. Please, BIC, consider making some feminine paper products so I can use my new pens.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thanks to Bic, I can now write!, 17 Aug 2012
How can I extol these miraculous gifts to Womankind enough? All of my writing experiences up until now have consisted of trying to wrap my dainty lady hands around robust, manly pens and failing miserably. Their harsh, heavy colors blinded my delicate lady eyes, and their mighty weight was too tremendous for my weak lady constitution. At times, I was able to practice my literacy on my small pink laptop, but only for short periods before I was overwhelmed by the complexity of the technology. After too many fruitless hours spent fainting after trying to take up the pen, or weeping over an incomprehensible and overwhelming array of options like "Fonts," "Format" and "Print," I thrust aside these implements of manly expression, swearing off forever their masculine mysteries.

But now, Bic has saved me! With these easy-to-manage lady pens, I too can record my grocery lists and the agenda for my weekly sewing circle! Yes, that's right; due to these pens' soft grips and lightweight build, even my useless, made-from-porcelain hands can manage to wield them. And what's more, their sweet and rosy color palette is soft on my frail lady eyes! It really is a dream come true! I plan on sharing them with all of my lady friends, and I fully expect that their joy will be so overpowering that the smelling salts will need to be passed around a time or two.

1,420 of 1,452 people found the following review helpful
1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work very well, 18 Aug 2012
I tried these on a whim, and I have to say I wasn't very impressed. The applicator mechanism is far too fiddly, and the plastic tampon inside far too thin (not to mention uncomfortable and non-absorbant) - I'm sure there must be a knack to using them, but I couldn't find it. They also stained my knickers blue for some reason. I really wanted to like these, but it's back to pads for me.

2.0 out of 5 stars A flawed concept, 28 Aug 2012
While I have always held Bic products in high regard, I cannot give them a good rating on this one. Don't they realize what they've done? Now we are going to have women running around, all willy-nilly, writing things with pens.