5.0 out of 5 stars Thomas's ultimate box set
This review is dictated by Tom who is 8, and typed by his Daddy.

Before I start this review, I also call this Thomas's Ultimate Box Set, because it contains all 11 series. There might be an even bigger box set one day with all 13 series, plus maybe the six films (counting the upcoming Day of the Diesels).

I don't want to be a stupid idiot and waste...
Published on 23 Aug. 2011 by Tom and Daddy

3.0 out of 5 stars Title
I've got the 'Series 1-11 Boxset', so i bought series 12 and 13 as 'updates' to it.
I will be buying all consequtive series as they are released, even though the majority of episodes from series 8 onwards, have been rubbish.
Hopefully, the new writing staff will do better with Series 17 an 'King Of The Railway'.
Published on 25 Feb. 2013 by Fishpop

5.0 out of 5 stars Thomas's ultimate box set, 23 Aug. 2011
This review is dictated by Tom who is 8, and typed by his Daddy.

I don't want to be a stupid idiot and waste my time on this review, so here is the review:

It's five star and excellent, and shows more episodes than I can count. Every series is especially good in every way, especially the classic Britt Allcroft episodes. There is also a very high quality picture on the box set - I love it.

Series 1 is good because it seems calm and peaceful. Series 2 is good because it seems exciting and adventurous. Series 3 is my favourite series when we reach the golden age of thomas the Tank Engine. This one is fabulous because it is like a mixture of series 1 (calm and peaceful) and series 2 (exciting and adventurous). Series 4 is good because it tells many stories about the old-fashioned but still accurate narrow-guage engines and the episodes after that about standard guage engines. It is a very bright time of the Sodor times and there are no bad serious accidents with people or engines getting hurt, like in the previous series, series 2 in particular.

Serious 5 is the darkest series of Thomas, even darker than series 2. The storylines I have to admit are not as good as on some other series which were really awesome plotlines, but even more exciting and adventurous than series 2. I enjoyed this series very much as well. Series 6 was the last series to include Britt Allcroft and David Mitton. This is one of the ones which is really cool. I have to say these are excellent plotlines - Thomas and Friends get into scrapes and learn their lesson.

I don't want to waste any more time on this review. All I need to say now is that after series 7 things went downhill fast, but were still wonderful.

Now, I recommend this huge box set to Thomas fans old and young - it is unbelievable, it is wonderful. I think it is the best Thomas box set I have got.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous collection of Thomas!, 13 Aug. 2011
My daughter loves Thomas and with this collection of 11 series of 26 episodes each she will take a long long time to get through them. The quality is first rate with the only annoyance being the 5 minute advert at the start of each disc which you cannot skip (top tip - you CAN fast forward through it). The box is high quality but the DVD cases do rattle about in there. As another plus, my daughter loves putting the discs in and out of the box.

With reference to the episodes, it's nice to see the charecters develop and be introduced as the series progresses. There are even cliff hangers and linked episodes which you don't see in children's shows these days

Great value entertainment.

5.0 out of 5 stars thomas the tank, 8 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Thomas and Friends - Classic Collection - Series 12 [DVD] [2011] (DVD)
complete series 12 is a must for thomas fans, especially my two year old. We previously had the "heave-ho" dvd, and this is seven episodes from series 12.So save your pennies and get this very inexpensive complete series.Your kids will love it-even on the umpteenth repeat,even though some of the stories can grate on the mind of the adult watching-ep1- thomas and the billboard, and ep3-rosie's funfair special, are two which i could happily not watch again.But alls well that ends well,and no matter the disaster, the little engines win out in the end.

4.0 out of 5 stars Choo Choo!, 6 May 2013
Red Army Follower (Northwich, England) - See all my reviews
These are great for the kids and the first couple of series are great when the little rascal Thomas and his mischievous friends are playing tricks and annoying each other. However, the later series are beset with the heavy weight of political correctness and modern thinking towards childrens behaviour. In other words, everyone is best of friends and everyone works well as part of a team. It becomes quite sickening to watch, and my two boys prefer the older, cheekier versions of Thomas The Tank Engine with RIngo as the narrator.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for thomas fans, 30 July 2013
A. Swannell - See all my reviews
My son is a real Thomas fan and this is a very good set of DVDs for him and for anyone who loves the classic Thomas tales. It is complete up to the end of series 11. I know there are a couple of modern series after this, but this saved me a lot of shopping for all the older series. The only problem with it is the cardboard insert, which is clearly rather fragile. I looked at a few used one's for sale before buying, and they all said the insert was damaged.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 16 July 2012
When I was a child I watched Thomas the tank and I loved it so I thought when I was I am having a little boy I know what to get. I have watched a couple of the DVD's already. The quality of the production is very good. I just got to wait for my little boy now to get old enough to watch them.(he might have to be supervised by me watching them with him just to be sure of a proper review lol)

5.0 out of 5 stars take care, 15 Oct. 2011
Okay, so your children love Thomas - who doesn't but are you really ready for 38 hours of it - course you are!! Grab a coffee and cuddle up on the sofa because these stories can be enjoyed by young and old alike. Its great to see the early episodes and with so many to choose from you can make sure you never have to suffer the same episode or disc over and over again.

4.0 out of 5 stars My sons like it and I like it, 14 April 2013
I am giving the complete series 12 DVD a rating of 4 stars only because it is very slow before the first track starts playing after loading on the DVD player. Other than that my 2 yr old sons like it and it has improved their oral skills just as I wanted. On the whole, Thomas DVD meets its expectations of entertaining and teaching children how to talk.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money, 13 Dec. 2013
This was a present for a child in my class.. ( who is thomas mad).. It arrived in EXCELLENT timing ... within 3 days of ordering which was fantastic ... It was in great condition ... Over all really happy with this product and it gets 5 stars from me and I would recommend it to ANYONE ... (who enjoys thomas the tank engine of corse)

5.0 out of 5 stars Thomas and Friends goes CGI., 11 Jun. 2014
Mr. Beaumont - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
It's always awful when a classic kids TV show moves to CGI, But I have to say Thomas and Friends have done it really well. The last series (11) was still the old classic Thomas, this series (12) is only half CGI and it's the next series (13) when they move fully CGI.

What I mean by half CGI is, in this series all the faces on the engines are CGI along with with all the people too. While all the physical models are still used tho so that's nice.

Thomas & Friends Series 12